Asking for her hand

Lipstick

"How was the performance at Kyoto, noona?" Sungjin asked her over dinner the following day after she came back.

"It went well!! The seats were mostly full and a lot of locals and tourists gather around the performers to ask questions. Really a memorable experience!" 

"Plus Prince charming was there right, that's why it was a memorable experience" Sungjin laughed. 

"Jin-ah, stop teasing your sister" Mrs Lee smile at him. 

"Omma, he gave noona a ring, of course it was memorable!!" Sungjin continued to . Both parents and Sungjin already noticed the ring when she arrived home on Sunday evening with Kyuhyun carrying her luggages to their doorstep and greeted the family. 

"Omma and appa, Kyu is coming this Saturday to officially ask for my hand" Sungmin told her parents shyly. 

"Really? ohh then I better cook nice food for him!! Will his parents be here too?" Mrs Lee asked excitedly. 

"Wow Noona, he's fast! I'm getting a brother-in-law soon! Woohoo!! I can play game with him!" 

"Yes, Sungminnie, why don't you ask Kyuhyun to bring his parents along, then we can discuss on the wedding date" Mr Lee was beaming with happiness. He liked Kyuhyun a lot and to him he is perfect for his beloved daughter. He's holding a good job, didn't smoke, very responsible, caring, humble and polite, and respect the elders. 

"Ok, appa, I will ask him" Sungmin said, still feeling shy. She herself hasn't got over her shock when Kyuhyun gave her the ring and asked her to marry him. It was like a fairy tale and she never expected herself to go through that situation. It was lovely and sweet and Kyuhyun has been charming and loving all these while.

"Noona, have your wedding in autumn! That's the best season as the weather is nice and the autumn colours make it a romantic sights. And I'll be having a break too from college". 

"Jin, you can high-five with Kyu, he suggested autumn too. Fall is his favourite season!" Sungmin smile at him. 

"Great minds think alike!" Sungjin was beaming with proud, and has to dive because his noona threw a serviette at him. He liked and respected Kyuhyun and he couldn't wait for Kyuhyun to be his brother-in-law! Previously, during one of their chit-chat sessions while waiting for Sungmin to get ready, Kyuhyun did tell him about his game collections and even invited him to have a game session with him one of these days. 

Kyuhyun's buddies were all thrill when they got to know that Kyuhyun is engaged. They started texting on their group chat. 

"Wow, hyung!! You are going to change your bachelor status soon!! We must have a bachelor party before you tie the knot!!!" Minho put a 'thumbs up' emoticon. 

"How I wish there's a girl sit next to me too, and put her head on my shoulder, just like what Kyuhyun-hyung encountered.... look what happened? They fell in love and now they are getting married!!" Suho replied with sad emoticons. 

"Weiii, you look so rough and unkept, I think any ahjuma also think twice to sit next to you!" Minho put 2 laughing emoticons. 

"Weiii Minho, I cut my hair and look tidy now!!! Come to think of it, we haven't meet for a few months already! Want to have a drink this weekend?" Suho suggested. 

"Sorry Suho, my family is going to Sungmin's house on Saturday night, and on Sunday after church, Changmin and I are visiting our campus for alumni gathering" Kyuhyun replied back. 

"Heyy, how about Friday night? After work, for a short while?" Changmin suggested. 

"I have my guitar lesson, but you three can meet up first, I join you all after my lesson at 8pm" Suho replied. 

"Ok, on!!" Minho replied. "Hyung, I want to see the engagement ring photo. Show us show us!!!" 

Kyuhyun uploaded the photo which he took after he put the ring on Sungmin's finger. "Here it is!" 

"Wow, that's nice Kyu! You bought it in Kyoto?" Changmin replied. 

 "Yup, I was mad at Yesung so I just walk around trying to find something for Sungmin to make her happy, then I saw the jewellery shop, and surprisingly, it wasn't that expensive! I just decided there and then to ask her to marry me and to give her the ring!!"

"Ohh my poor sad heart! I don't even have a girlfriend!" Suho texted with 3 crying emoticons. 

"Shut up Soho" Minho replied. 

"Ok ok you two, we meet this Friday at 7pm? Hard Rock Cafe?" Changmin suggested. 

"Ok!" Minho replied with an ok emoticon. 

"Good, that's near my guitar class" Suho replied. 

"Changmin-hyung purposely choose that place because it's near to your guitar class, you moron" Minho replied. 

Suho replied with a laughing emoticon because he didn't realise that. 

"Ok see you guys on Friday night!" Kyuhyun put a hand-wave emoticon. He went back to his desk to continue his project work. He was in the pantry to refill his coffee when the group chat started. But when he was about to resume his work, he got a call from his boss' secretary to meet his boss in his office.  

"Kyuhyun, come in" Mr Kim said, welcoming him. Kyuhyun's project Manager, Mr Lee was also in their boss room. 

"Hi boss, hi Mr Lee" 

"I want to be the first to tell you two that your project was well accepted by our client and the firm wants to implement the system in their parent company in Gold Coast. Isn't it great?!!! I'm so proud of both of you!!!" Mr Kim said happily. 

"The credit must go to Kyuhyun, really. He was the mastermind of the project and settled almost every issues. I cannot deliver this project without all his contributions" Mr Lee praised Kyuhyun honestly. Kyuhyun indeed was one of the best system analyst in their company. 

"Aisshhh Mr Lee, you are my mentor, without you I don't have a proper guidance" Kyuhyun praised him back. He loved working with Mr Lee as he listened to suggestions and offered some solutions. They really have a great teamwork. 

"I'm glad I have both of you, really!!!" Mr Kim said happily. "So, our client's head office wanted our system analysts in-charge of the project to be station in Gold Coast to help them with the system, for at least a year. They will pay for everything, plan tickets, accommodation, and daily expenses like travel cost to go to their company. I want you to go, Kyuhyun. You can speak English and you are well verse with this project". 

Kyuhyun was surprised and looked at his boss dumbfounded. He has to stay in Gold Coast for a year? But he is getting married! 

"Err boss, actually I'm getting married this Fall. I don't think I can leave my future wife for a year after marriage..."

"Wow, congratulations!! Our gorgeous bachelor is finally getting married!! It's no problem Kyuhyun. I tell our client that you'll be bringing your wife too"

"I think they are ok to cover the cost for me, but surely not for my future wife... I mean I can pay for her, no issues but whether they are ok for me to bring her along". 

"I'm sure they can work this out. But if you want confirmation, I can ask and get back to you on this" .

Thank you, boss. When does the company want to implement the system?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"By next year Summer. So they need you to be there soon, to go through from scratch and support the system all the way to a few months after the implementation. Hmmm... when is your wedding?". 

"We haven't finalised the date, but it will be this Fall" Kyuhyun nodded. So now he has another problem. He needs to tell Sungmin about their impending stay in a Gold Coast after marriage. That means Sungmin has to give up her beloved musical. 

"Great, then. I will propose to our client that you can be there in December? Or maybe you discuss with your future wife and family, and come back to me next Monday" 

"Alright, thank you, boss" 

Back home, Kyuhyun didn't know how to tell Sungmin. He knew Sungmin was looking forward to start rehearsing for her next musical after their wedding, in which she would be the lead role. Instead of calling her, he decided to arrange to meet her instead on Thursday night, to tell her in person.

It was really a difficult decision, even to himself. Though it's a good opportunity for him to get a promotion if he agrees to represent his company in their client's head office, he has to think of Sungmin too. Either she has to give up her musical, or he go to Gold Coast by himself first, followed by her. But that would be at least 6 months for them to be together. He definitely couldn't be separated from her, and furthermore they just got married by then. 

No, that won't do. She has to give up her musical. He has to break this news to her...