Song Request (Yoonghyo)

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Yoongi*

 

He turned to his side and sighed. He had been tossing and turning on his bed multiple times now and he couldn’t explain what he was feeling as of the moment. It was complicated to tell. If it was just an ordinary day, he would just easily fall asleep but tonight was different. It seemed like something was wrong or he did something wrong.

Did I? Did I do something wrong? He thought. These were like the times when he thought he must’ve done something wrong that he wasn’t aware of but his gut feeling would just let him acknowledge it.

He stood up, walked to the window and looked out through his balcony, it was drizzling snow. He sighed again, it was like the heavens knew what he was feeling.

Do you know? He mentally asked as he looked up the sky. He would just wish he knew what was going on.

He walked back to his bed and turned the radio on his bedside table.

“Oh, we have a caller!” the DJ announced.

“Yeoboseyo,” the caller began. He furrowed his brows as the caller’s voice seemed all too familiar. He shook his head, I must’ve been wrong.

“Do you have a song request?” the DJ asked the caller.

“Neh, hey DJ, could you play me a song to make me cry?” the caller sounded really serious about the request.

“Oh, that’s something new, you’re the first to caller to ever ask me to play a song to make her cry. Is there something I can help you with?” the DJ asked earnestly. His ears perked up at the DJ’s question, wanting to hear the caller’s answer.

“It’s about my namja chingu,” the caller started. She then giggled. “Thinking about him just makes me sad,” the caller’s voice sounded very gloomy. The caller then stopped talking.

“Whatever problems you have with your namja chingu, I hope you get to solve it and reconcile,” the DJ stated.

“Kamsahamnida,” the caller thanked.

“May I know your name before you hang up?” the DJ asked.

“It’s Park JiSoo,” the caller said before hanging up.

“Park JiSoo~ssi, I hope this song will help you,” the DJ said.

He stood up and reached for his phone as he heard the name of the caller. He hit the speed dial.

 

It’s raining again outside the window

These moments make me think of you

I can’t sleep

This silence and the melancholic sound of my heart the room

Make me go crazy

 

So why turn up your radio

Somewhere, I hear someone’s voice

And on the radio

That sad story is so much like my own

 

He closed his eyes as the only thing he could hear was ringing sounds from the phone of the person he wanted to call.

 

Hey DJ play me a song

To make me smile

A song that will make me forget that person

And smile for me in this sorrowful night

Hey DJ play me a song

To make me cry

A song that will make me forget that person

And cry for me in this suffocating night

 

Jebal, jebal. He mentally begged. Please pick up.

 

This night that comforts a fierce day I had, when even

The darkness has gone to sleep

Throws me up hundreds of times

Because you're in pain

I’m a corner, a piece of your life

A friend of your emotions

And sometimes family

At times when you want to take a rest

When you’re buried under loneliness

Even when you’re together

When you’re intoxicated with memories

And bring someone up

That’s when I become your music

 

He breathed hard as soon as he heard the ringing stopped and the voice mail prompt started.

 

Yes, to someone, I’m spring

To another, winter

I’m the end to someone and the start to another

I’m happiness to someone and the soul to another

A lullaby to someone and at times a noise

I’Il be with you at your birth and your end

Remember we’re always together anywhere

I’ll always console your life

So just lean on me and rest sometimes

 

“Please pick up. Jihyo~yah, please pick up,” he sounded like he was begging for his life.

 

So why turn up your radio

Somewhere, I hear someone’s voice

And on the radio

That sad story is so much like my own

 

He hit the speed dial again and placed the phone near his ear. To his dismay, the phone just kept ringing.

 

Hey DJ play me a song

To make me smile

A song that will make me forget that person

And smile for me in this sorrowful night

Hey DJ play me a song

To make me cry

A song that will make me forget that person

And cry for me in this suffocating night

 

He sighed for the nth time that night. He hit speed dial again but this time, it was worse, the phone was now turned off.

 

It’s raining again outside the window

These moments make me think of you

I can’t sleep

Maybe that’s just how it’s meant to be

 

He sat down at the edge of his bed, laid his upper body on the bed and covered his eyes with the back of his palm.

He immediately sat right up as he heard his phone ring. He grabbed it but frowned, knowing it wasn’t from the person he was expecting. He still picked the call up nevertheless.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Oppa, could you please help us?” his brows furrowed. “Jihyo isn’t at the best shape right now.”

He jolted up as soon as he heard her name. “Nayeon~ssi, where are you?” he asked.

He straight away grabbed his coat and headed outside as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter