Twisted Fate

The Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twisted Fate I

 

 

 

(Rina’s POV)

 

"Sehun oppa, could I open my eyes?"

 

It was a sunny day on that memorable summer time a decade ago...

 

I couldn't see anything as my eyes being closed by two soft hands of a human-sized grey teddybear doll embracing me from behind. It was one of the happiest afternoon of mine, I remember I was in a long white satin dress sitting in a small peaceful park on that white-and-green mat. I was on a picnic with my beloved doll and the one I called ‘some' body special, the one who had bought the teddy for me.

 

He was my one and only boyfreind since I was in junior high school. He was my first puppy love but too bad I really fell for him so much, or may be too much that I could never forgotten him ever again.

 

 

"Yes..now you can..."

 

His soft voice always fastened my heartbeat, actually I was suspicious the reason he had told me to sit still while eyes being covered. However, when my eyes were allowed to opened, everything became clear.

 

 

"Oh my...Oh my..."

 

Covering my mouth, I couldn't breath. I was extremely excited by what was in front of me. It was a beautiful wooden violin, the one belonged to Cecillio brand. That one was the top model, I had once told him how much I had dreamt to possess it and he made it real.

 

"Especially for you my baby..."

 

My cheek blushed deeply. As he was standing in front of me, giving that violin to my hand, his dark brown eyes stared at me with happiness since he knew well that I was really obsessed with that kind of musical instrument. Actually, I was a promising violinist. A new rising star as people called.

 

"Thank you, thank you so much Sehun oppa..."

 

I was excited, my hands shivered as I received the violin from him. Although I had sacrificed myself to learning it, I didn't really have a good-qualitied one. Mine was a simple cheap Stratton brand because my family wasn't wealthy. Or I'd better said I didn't have family. 

 

I was an orphan adopted by my aunt, my mother's sister, who was a korean teacher abroad. I had not seen her often, I had lived alone and she just sent me a little amount of money every year so I had to be responsible for my own life. As I wished to have a bright and promising future.

 

Fortunately, I was good in both academic and also music. I found one abandonned stratton violin by chance while I was walking home when I was at the age of six. I had practiced violin by myself, then I had been obsessed. When I played violin, I felt like I was somebody else, someone who wasn't the one I was, an orphan who might ended up quitting study and doing a job as a waitress.

 

I decided to fight against my fortune. I knew if I could study good and had talent in one thing I could go through any obstacles. Luckily, a path as a violinist gave me the light, as I decided to join national contest, I won the grand prize and that was the time the better life began. 

 

I was chosen to the most well-known private international school and they gave me full-priced scholarship. They wished I could be the world-renowed one so they would have fame. However, as I stayed in that place, my life changed dramatically. The people I met there, they were all from wealthy family and lived an extravagant life unlike an orphan like me. However, god made 'that' man and sent him to me, as he wasn't like other people seeing me different. He was two years older than me. I met him by chance when I was sitting alone at the roof top, crying. As I knew I couldn't adapt myself well with people in school. Yet, he walked to me, talked to me, consoled me and after that he had always been by my side. He treated me like a princess though he was very rich yet he had never insulted me. He loved me, and I loved him . He asked me to be his girlfriend on Valentine day and since then things became better day by day. I wanted to be a better person each days just to be by his side. Until I knew I could never live without him...

 

"Go for it baby girl! Be a good violinist.My Rina...I always wish you the best..."

 

He ruffled my hair softly and I blushed. His smile giving me was bright, his eyes became smaller as he smiled so, it was all cute and sincere. As a result I was madly in love with him and never would stopped. Warm summer wind embraced me and blew his black hair up, bringing his scent of expensive Giorgio perfume to my nose. I adored that scent, as when I smelt it, I always thought of him...

 

"Thank you oppa I really really like it..."

 

I told him softly, without looking at him I touched that violin softly admiring its beauty of strong dark brown wood. Although it wasn't that expensive as the one I had always dreamt of- the 'Stradivarious', I still really appreciated the violin he gave me as I knew the Stradivarious was out of my reach. It was expensive and rare. An item I could posess only in my imagination.

 

"Don't be this happy..." My mind was interrupted by his soft voice then his hands came to mine, he held it then tightened. He came to sit by my side, on the mat under the shadow of one enormous yellow-leaved tree. My heart couldn't beat faster than that time...

 

"Wait until I finish my study...After working, I promise I will buy you Stradivarius, the one you and all violinists dream about. As I know you'll be happy if you have it. Since my father always says that my mom was very glad when she receive one from him..."

 

I knew that I was blushing deeply because of his word. My body was hot and all I could do was sitting still and avoiding his eyes. His touch and his word showing that he really cared for me. Yes, I was sure, he really cared about me. However, sadly, our time would end soon as he was in grade 12th and had to go somewhere else next year. I would not have been worried if it was not going to be a business school, University of Pensylvania, the one in the US, which meant we would not see each other often...

 

I wished I should have stopped him from going. However, that time I knew he had his dream of succeeding his beloved father's business which I didn't know really what it was about. We normally didn't talk about his business, I didn't care for his status. Whoever he was, I had already loved him and my feeling would never changed. Like how his father adored his mother eventhough she wasn't in the world any longer.

 

"You have already told me about that oppa..." I looked up shyly to see his eyes "I know your father loved your mother so much so he gave her anything she liked, right? but you need not have to give it to me...I don't want it to prove your love as I know you really adore me, that's enough. and I'm sure I couldn't find anyone being this good to me like you oppa..."

 

I smiled sincerely as I caressed his cheek. He was a cute guy yet sadly his mother passed away since he was very young, and what I knew about her was that she was a great violinist. His father loved her very much so he bought her a Stradivarius violin, a priceless musical instrument many violinists dreamt about, including me. I once told Sehun oppa about how much I appreciated Stradivarious therefore when he heard it, he promised to buy me one in the future when he could find money himself. I was glad yet I prohibited him as I knew it was too much to ask for though he loved me to death. Stradivarious didn't worth his money, in my thought. It was only a stuff for a crazy craving musician like me.

 

"Don't worry. I'm willing to give you one. As I love you. If that Stradivarious can make you happy then I'm happy too..."

 

He insisted softly then he threw himself to my lap, laying on me while his eyes were looking at me. I blushed again as our eyes met and I couldn't leave my eyes from him...

 

Again, it was summer wind that blew his familiar scent to my nose. I was too lost in his eyes. Lovely birds sang melochantly, it was one romantic scene I swore I was going to die for, especially when he raised his hand up to touch one of my cheeks and it gently. His eyes were very sad that time.

 

"I don't want to seperate from you, baby..." His sad tone pierced my heart. The fact that he would go abroad made me want to cry hundreds times a day.

 

"Me too..." I confessed with teary eyes. His hand moved to shred my tear.

 

"Please wait for me Rina..." He smiled sadly, I knew he didn't want to go away but we both knew if we had to abandon our dream to stick together, it had no use. In that case, it was love which destroyed ourselves. It would not be work.

 

"...I wish you to follow your dream...be a world-renown violinist Rina, And when the day you have a chance to play in that hall in Vienna, I'll be there, watching you.I'll give you the most beautiful bouquet and make every girls jealous of you.."

 

He chuckled and when he finished his word, he held my hand up to kiss down softly. Eventhough I was embarrased, it was sad he would go. He looked at me then he sat up and brought a teddy bear to his embrace.

 

"Keep this bear with you and think of me everytime you look at it...this doll...is my representative..." He told me and put the teddy to my lap, smiling.This teddy was with me for two years, he gave me since the first year of our anniversary- a grey fluffy emotionless bear having same dark brown-eyed color as him. 

 

"..I know it oppa..." I smiled then looked at the doll.That time, Its face looked sad without reason but I still liked it with all my heart...

 

"Ouch"  Exclaiming, I was surprised that he suddenly threw himself to my lap again. Then he grabed my hand and smiled.

 

"Anyway, please play your new violin for me, I love the twinkle twinkle little star of you for sending me to a happy nap..."

 

Giggling, I smiled.. He always liked that, a childrish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter