Love Token

The Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N i use my phone so the format is a bit not well-organized. Please don’t mind :>

 

 

 

Chapter 3: Love Token

 

 

 

[Rina’s POV]

 

Going to marry the love of my life's father was the thing that I hadn't prepared for....

 

It was the stupid of mine that I had never asked Sehun Oppa nor Mr. Oh about their family. I had known Sehun Oppa for ages yet I didn't know who his father was until that day. That was why I couldn't stand that pressured situation. Jimjoon, the driver drove me to the Oh's manour with a light speed so after 10 minutes I arrived an enormous marble European-styled house which looked more like a castle. Mr. Oh once said I could live a queen life in his house but now I thought I would be the saddest queen in this world.

 

After arriving, one old chubby lady who was a chief of maid here gave me a warm welcome and many maids came help carrying my stuffs which consisted of two large luggages and one big paper box. The reason I moved in Mr. Oh’s house was that I didn't have my own home to go back. That time I didn't have any relatives left anymore,my aunt died several years ago, I was all alone by myself , nobody supported me yet  Mr.Oh offered me everrything including his acoomdation. Although I was hesistate at first, I knew I couldn't deny him for keeps because one day I must marry him and be his wife so I accepted his objective. I accepted because I didn't know that his son named 'Oh Sehun'. If I had known, I would not have accepted this for sure.

 

I followed that old lady along the way to the second floor. That house was built by a strong expensive marble decorated by European-styled architecture, gold and white. It looked more like a paradise that a house. I was amazed by its beauty, I looked around then I spotted a picture of three people in a big golden photoframe on the wall so I stopped and looked at it considerably.

 

It was an old photo, two middle-aged man and woman in expensive casual outfit, the man was handsome with his dark brown eyes and carried a little boy in his arm while the beautiful small-eyed and same-as-mine light brown-haired woman's one carried a very beautiful violin, I suddenly knew that it was a 'Lady blunt' of the Stradivarius. One of the most resreved one, the top five most expensive one which was now in a museum in Japan and the value was millions dollars. 

 

How come the woman in the picture had that violin? 

 

I was a bit jealous because I really wished for one...but I knew I couldn't have it because it was unaffordable.Then I left my attention from the violin to a small boy, I smiled suddenly because I knew who he was becauseof that dark brown eyes, Sehun Oppa. And what made me sad was the man who was carrying him, my future husband, Mr. Oh. Therefore, it meant the woman was his died wife, Sehun’s dear mother he always praised. She was a violinist and had Stradivarius, lucky her...

 

I smiled to her picture. I said sorry to her in my mind because I knew I would maybe cause trouble to her husband and son.

 

"Mistress..." 

 

I was awaken by a soft sound of the old maid who stared at me confusedly then she smiled "Please follow me first...I need to show you your bedroom first and afterthat you can go anywhere you want in this house..."

 

"Ah...ok..." I nodded and quickly went to her direction. She led me alon the way of the second floor which had numerous rooms then she stopped at the last one in a corner.

 

"Here it's, mistress..." She told me then opened the door. Sunlight hit my eyes so I had to close them but when I opened them up I was amazed by the beauty of an extravagant bedroom, a white and gold one. I slowly walked inside the room memorizing everything. I couldn't believe I could have a chance to live in a beautiful place like this yet the maid's word woke me up from my imagination...

 

"Don't have to worry about that door. It connected to Junior master's bedroom because this room once used to be junior master's kin's one, Kim Jongin but, the lock is on your side, mistress. So he could't come in...."

 

Those word made me awkward. I hadn't detected that there was one small door at a corner of my bedroom and it was a way to Sehun oppa's one. He would sleep next to my room,wouldn't he. I was worried without reason but I hoped that door wouldn't be opened forever.

 

"I know...thank you very much" I smiled and answered politely to the old lady but to my surprise, she cried and held my two hands tight. Her eyes stared at mine meaningfully...

 

"Oh...you looked really like my old mistress..." She told me then her hand moved to touched my hair "...cute and innocent, you remind me fo her a lot...so I understand why master loves you a lot..."

 

I was really happy hearing that because I knew that the old Oh’s mistress was a super lady, she was a good wife according to Mr. Oh and a good mother according Sehun oppa. So If someone compared me to her I was very happy then.

 

I smiled a little "Thank you...." 

 

"And I bet...junior master will love you as well..." My mouth dropped after listening to her later sentences, it pierced my heart because I had already known that Sehun oppa still loved but we couldn't be together anymore no matter how much our love were.

 

I made a little smile to the old lady as I didn't want her to know my secret that I once was a girlfriend of her junior master. She smiled back to me admiring me with her eyes then she released my hand and asked for my permission to go out doing another work. So I nodded.

 

After she left, I was alone in the room. As my illness was the fake one so there was no need to take a rest. I sat on a large luxurious bed thinking about the long days that had led me to be in this house and this room, Kim Jongin’s room. 

 

Kim Jongin, I did know him when I was in grade 8th about the same time I knew Sehun oppa, he was the closet relative and also a good friends of Sehun Oppa and me. Long time I didn't see him and I didn't know how was his life going now. I just knew that he left Korea to the State to study at Harvard law school and he was going to be a promising lawyer like his father.

 

Thinking like that, I was surprised, happy yet sad. I couldn't believe the ones I knew in the past could go to that far. Our ways were very different, mine as a vioinist, Sehun oppa as a businessman and Jongin Oppa as a lawyer. I was happy for everyone but sad as we had gone for too far...

 

Maybe too far to turn back...

 

I sighed sadly then sat on the floor near my paper box then unpacked it. Yet the thing that exposed to my eyes first made me about to cry.That sad-eyed teddy bear the one that Sehun oppa inttentionally bought for me. I carried it up to my eye level, looked at its face then my heart broke in pieces again...

 

"Sehun...oppa..." I called his name shakily and brought that bear to my hug then put my face on its soft head and sobbed.

 

I could feel the warmth of him through the teddy.His scent still remained on that doll though it had been many years. I knew it well because there were no day that I didn't hug that pretty doll until I fell asleep. I really missed him.

 

Bang! Bang!

 

I arched up suddenly and all my sadness disappeared as that time somebody knocked the doll that connected my room to Sehun oppa's one, could that be 'him'? 

 

"Rina! Open the door!"

 

Bang!

 

I was right, it was him. I could remember his voice though it was the angry one. I was surprised he came back that early and hesitated whether I would go and open the door for him as his order. Yet my sanity reminded me that I shouldn't.

 

"Rina! Open the door!"

 

I still sat on the floor like that and kept my eyes on that door, I was sure he couldn't open it as the old lady had told me but a second later I was shocked as the doorknob suddenly moved!

 

I quickly stood up and went to the bed, I hurrily pulled the blanket to cover my body but one thing I did the most wrong was that I left the teddy bear on the floor unintentionally but it was too late to pick it up because...

 

Bang!

 

That time the door suddnely opened so I quickly closed my eyes and turned my face to another side pretending to sleep.

 

"Rina..why don't  ya....." His voice was angry but a second later it was softer "....oh my...sleeping?..."

 

My heart began to beat fast as I heard his footstep walked closer and closer. I couldn't imagine what would he reaction be when he saw that teddy bear...but it was all...too late...

 

Every single second passed, I couldn't control my heartrate and it went more and more as I could feel the pressure of him sat on the bed behind me. Then one soft hand touched on my forehead gently...I knew exactly that it was the same as yesterday...

 

"..ah..not that warm..." That tender voice melted my heart so as his soft hand which moved to my long brown hair softly. "I hope you won't catch a cold..." He murmured lowly but I could hear everything clearly and it made me about to cry

"Rina,you don't know how much I do miss you...how much I do adore you...darling...why you break my heart like this?...why you break my heart by marrying my dad...the one I admire the most..."

That voice was shaky, I knew he was about to cry as well. I tried so hard to suppress my tear inside not letting it out because he would know that I was awaken. His sweet scent flew around me challenging me to not sit up and go to his embrace. However, though I didn't come to him, he came to me. His scent got nearer and nearer until I could feel his hot breath on my neck,I was rigid but my heart beat very fast.

 

"Twinkle twinkle little star...how I wonder what  you are..."

 

My sorrow went to the maximum as I heard his sad chant next to my ear...That song was the he loved when the old day. The one he liked me to play my violin and sang for him until he fell asleep but this time he sang to me like he wished me to have a good dream.

 

Yes...I needed a good dream...a dream that I could have another life...not like this one...

 

"I love you Rina...always love you..." Drops of some hot liquid fell to my cheek, I suddenly knew that it was his tear, my heart broke again and again. I bit my lip suppressing my mourning that could come out anytime due to that sadness. Yet then I felt his soft lip pressed on my same cheek gently...

 

My heart couldn't beat faster that time...

 

It was the first time in these six years that he kissed me like that...I really missed him...I did miss him...I wanted to hug to him and cry but I couldn't...

 

And afterthat...I felt a warm embrace folding my body from the front...but it wasn't from him yet a warm soft cotton of the teddy bear...his hand gently slid on my hair for a while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter