T-Express

1% chance

“Dr Shim… can I ask you something?”

 

“Hmm?” Chang Min looked at him nervously. 

 

“It’s about Yunho’s previous relationship… There seems to be this one person that he still can’t forget… do you know about it?”

 

. Where are you hyung… come and save me…. 

 

“Ah… well…”

 

“Sorry if I am overstepping my boundaries! I’m just curious… and he said that you’re his best friend, so… and his emotions are very extreme when he talks about her…” 

 

“Her?”

 

Yunjae turned to look at him with a puzzled look. 

 

It’s too late… seems like I got to give him something if not he will not let it go… 

 

“Since you two seems to be in some sort of relationship… I believe I can tell you this... Actually… this person that you are talking about, is a guy. They met in their early twenties... and they dated for almost 10 years...” 

 

“Wow… 10 years… no wonder he can’t forget him…”

 

“He is a very special person to him… many things happened but they braved through them together. It wasn't easy…”

 

“What… happened? Why did they break up?”

 

“Technically…”

 

How do I say this… I'M GOING CRAZY! ARE YOU DONE YET, HYUNG?!

 

“They… were forced to be separated because ---”

 

“What are you telling him?”

 

“YAH you gave me a shock!” Chang Min stood up quickly and ran towards Yunho. “You were taking such a long time to change, and he was asking me about you and him… I mean you and Jae--- argh… just about your past relationship…”

 

“What did you tell him?!” Yunho said in an angry whisper. 

 

“I didn't say much! I just said that you had a 10 year relationship with a guy and had to be separated… I didn't even get to say the reason!”

 

“Oh I was just asking Dr Shim about you… sorry… I shouldn’t have…” Jaejoong said walking towards them. 

 

“Careful of what you say…” Yunho frowned and walked towards Yunjae.

 

“You can always ask me about it~”

 

“I… know that you will be in a lot of pain if I were to bring that person up… So I…”

 

Yunho looked down guiltily… 

 

“Let’s not talk about this! Can we… head out?” Yunjae requested suddenly. “We can, right, Dr Shim?”

 

“A… ah yes… just remember to be back for your review later, hyung…” Chang Min said hurriedly. 

 

“Come.” Yunjae grabbed onto Yunho’s hand and led him out of the hospital. 

 

 *************

 

“Ever...land?” Yunho stood at the entrance, his eyes wide open…

 

Yunjae nodded excitedly. 

 

“You scared?” Yunjae teased.

 

“I… I don’t know… but isn’t it weird for two guys to…”

 

“Yah. Now is not that time to think about this isn’t it? And I don’t care how people see us. Do you?”

 

Yunho shook his head and smiled at Yunjae's childlike smile. “Come. Let’s go!” 

 

 *************

 

“Our final ride.” Yunjae pointed up slowly, “The. legendary. T. Express.” 

 

Yunho looked up with worried eyes… “I was hoping that you would skip this ride…” 

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine!” Yunjae patted his head. 

 

“Yah…  you are messing my headband~” Yunho shifted his bunny ears back into position. 

 

Yunjae laughed at that, “Well… you were the one who lost the bet! Shouting like a girl in the haunted house. How embarrassing~ come on now!” He stretched out to hold Yunho’s hand, pulling him to the queue. 

 

You have changed… you never took my hands in public… but now… 

 

“What is it?”

 

“Oh… nothing, I’m just happy” Yunho replied, still smiling, as he continued looking at their hands, red from the cold but warm on the inside… “Luckily you came up with this idea to hide our hands, if not we will get stares from all around…” 

 

“Thought you said you didn’t care.”

 

“I… I don’t, but sometimes stares and comments from people make me feel very annoyed…” 

 

“Don’t worry~ Just focus on what is in the present and stop worrying!” 

 

Yunho smiled, finally relaxing a little, but tensed up again when he heard piercing screams coming from the riders. “Can... we don’t…?”

 

 *************

 

“Nervous?” Yunjae grabbed onto Yunho’s hand again. 

 

Yunho nodded nervously, not able to say a single word… 

 

“Here we go now!!!” Yunjae shouted excitedly as the ride started. 

 

“RAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!” Yunho shouted at every twist, turn and drop until the very last minute when the ride finally slowed at the end… “Hel… … … …p…” He called out, his hair all messed up from the strong wind, as if every ounce of energy was drained out from his body.

 

Yunjae turned to laugh at him again, wiping his tears away, “That scared?”

 

“You’re so heartless! I heard you alright? Laughing throughout the ride.” 

 

“Yah. You’re 34 now! Aren’t you too old to be afraid of these rides?”

 

“It doesn’t have anything to do with my age~” Yunho sighed. "I just---"

 

“Yunho…” Yunjae interrupted suddenly, becoming serious… “ I know that we just met and we still don’t know much about each other, and I don’t even have any memories about myself… but I… I know that I love you. And nothing is going to change that.  I know that you have someone in your heart… But I’ll wait for you. Whenever you are ready, I’ll be here, and I promise that my feelings will not change."

 

He took a deep breath before continuing...  "Can we…be together?”

 

“Yun...jae...” Yunho’s eyes darted up to his now reddened face. 

 

"I like being with you, Jaejoong." Yunho confessed shakily. He met Jaejoong's eyes determinedly. "You’re all I think about every single waking moment. Even when we were up on this darn T whatever roller coaster, your face kept flashing in front of my eyes.” Yunho held onto the handle tighter. 

 

“ I... want you. I want to date you.” Yunho finally said, he lowered his eyes slowly, afraid of what Jaejoong would say. “... I shouldn’t have said it here. Now I can’t even escape. I’m dying from embarrassment!!” Yunho whined as he buried his face in his hands. 

 

“Why… do you want to escape?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Don’t you want to hear my answer?” 

 

Yunho could feel his heart race, comparable to when he was up on the peak of the roller coaster. 

 

“I… am willing to be together with you.”

 

Yunho started to tear again… how can he confess at the same place as me?! This T whatever roller coaster must have some kind of magic... 

 

Yunjae took a pair of rings out and handed it to him. 

 

“When did you…”

 

“At the gift shop. So… what do you say?”

 

“Of course. Of course!” Yunho took one of the rings over and slid it into his finger.

 

“I love it…” He raised his hand with the sunlight glistening on the simple rose gold ring on his finger… 

 

Yunjae finally smiled and put on his ring too. “Don’t ever take it off, alright?”

 

Yunho nodded and whispered, “I love you too…and to make things clear, there isn’t anyone in my heart other than you.” 

 

It has been and will always be…

 

 *************

 

“You’re finally back! Where did you two go? You looked very tired.” Chang Min said worriedly… 

 

“I’m alright! Don’t worry.”

 

“Sorry! I should have brought him back earlier…” 

 

“Yah why do you have to be sorry.”

 

Chang Min sighed,  "Go change and get some rest. The nurse will come and get you soon.”

 

“I’ll see you later~!” Yunho smiled and kissed Yunjae’s forehead. 

 

"Wow…” Chang Min looked away and laughed awkwardly. 

 

Yunjae blushed and walked towards Chang Min.

 

“Yah don’t need to be shy~ you’re both grown men! What’s wrong with dating? He confessed to you today? Did he say some cheesy lines like… can you be mine?” Chang Min joked as he mimicked Yunho’s voice.

 

“I… was the one who confessed to him~”

 

“Oh… wow…” Chang Min revealed a heartened smile…

 

It has always been him chasing after you… but look how things have become now…

 

 “No matter who confessed first… you two look good together.” Chang Min said as he patted Yunjae’s shoulders. 

 

“Thank... you...”