Yunjae.

1% chance

"Joong!" Yunho shouted as he sat up.

 

"Where…. Where am I?" He looked around, his head still feeling heavy.

 

"You're up?" The guy from before entered the room slowly. "You're in the hospital, the doctor said that you'll need more checks before you can leave. Well then, you're up, I can leave now." 

 

"Wait! Wait wait…" Yunho got up hurriedly and chased after him. "I… I haven't gotten your name yet…" 

 

“My name is Yunjae.” He said simply and left.

 

“Yunjae… yeah… right, thanks.” Yunho smiled and let him leave.

 

He’s not Joong. He’s not him. It's just someone who looks like him. Who sounds like him. Joong is dead. I’m dying too. Let him go.  Let him go. Stop this craziness. But could it be…? What if…?  What if?!

 

He mumbled repeatedly under his breath as he returned back to his ward and sat on the corner of his bed. 

 

Just then the door opened again. “Hi there! According to the initial check we---”

 

“It’s alright, you don’t have to tell me anything, I know my condition. Thank you--- Wait you are, the guy who drove me to the city! What’s your name again? Kim--- Heeshu?”

 

“Yah how can you forget your benefactor’s name? It’s HeeCHUL, CHUL.” 

 

“Benefactor my feet. If you dropped me at my hotel, I would be lying on my bed now.”

 

“HUL! It’s all thanks to me that you met up with him isn’t it?” Heechul smirked, arms crossed, looking around the ward. 

 

“What are you talking about--- wait, you mean Yunjae? How did you know about him?” Yunho asked, now standing and confused “Did you speak to him just now?" 

 

“Relax! Breathe! Seeing that he’s not here now, you probably didn’t get the hint..." Heechul sighed. "Why did you meet someone who looks exactly like your dead ex? And what is his name?”

 

“How did you know that my ex is dead? Wait… YunJae… Yun---Jae…"

 

"So?" Heechul continued. 

 

". … how did I not… but how? WHAT IS GOING ON?” Yungo grabbed Heechul by his collar, demanding him for an answer. 

 

"This is your last chance. Miss it and he'll be gone, forever." Heechul replied, in a now serious tone. 

 

"." Yunho grabbed his belongings and dashed out of the hospital. 

 

Where are you? Where are you… How can I find you in this foreign country?! I shouldn't have let you leave… DUMB. HOW DUMB. How could I not notice?! But how?! 

 

"Argh…" Yunho gasped as he felt his chest tighten… He struggled to sit down to catch a breath. "It's all my fault…" 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Yunho looked up immediately and scanned his surroundings. There. 

 

"YUNJAE!! I found you! I found you!" Yunho stumbled towards him. 

 

"Oh… and?" Yunjae replied awkwardly. 

 

"I… I…." Yunho tried to speak but his heart was pumping so fast that he could hardly breathe. 

 

"Calm down… calm down…" Yunjae moved closer towards, "breathe in… out… in...and out…" 

 

Yunho slumped and leaned against Yunjae's shoulder, tears streaming down his face… "what a long night…" he sighed. "What would I do if I didn't catch up to you… I'll never forgive myself…" he mumbled under his breath as he tried to catch his breath… 

 

"Are you… crying…?" Yunjae frowned as he looked down at him. 

 

*Ba dump* 

 

"D… don't come so close!" Yunho got up quickly. 

 

"You're the one who leaned against me…"

 

"I--- I… where are you going?" Yunho asked, pointing towards a large luggage. 

 

"I was going back to Korea. But I missed my flight. Because… anyway, I don't know where to go now, so… I'm just sitting here." 

 

"Why not… come stay with me? I booked a hotel in the city, since you saved me, I owe you one don't I?" Yunho replied quickly, not wanting to miss a chance to keep him by his side. 

 

Yunjae raised his brows as he stared at Yunho for a long time. 

 

"Well?" 

 

"Don't you have to be back at the hospital?" 

 

"Nah don't worry about that, I'm fine! Just some old sickness~ so what do you say?" 

 

"Well… I've nowhere to go anyway, sure. Thanks then." Yunjae stood up slowly and bowed a perfect 90 degrees. 

 

"Y… yah you don't have to be so polite! Come on, let's head back now…" 

 

*************

 

"There's… only one bed." 

 

"Right. Right, of course because the room was for me and only me" Yunho scratched his head awkwardly. "I'll go down to check if they have any more rooms available! You stay here alright? Do not. Do not go anywhere." 

 

Yunjae nodded, and sat down on the sofa. 

 

A few minutes later, Yunho came back up, feeling guilty, but happy at the same time, “all rooms are filled… but don't worry! You can have the bed and I'll take the sofa." 

 

"How could I let the owner of the room sleep on the sofa? And you're sick…"

 

"No no no, I was the one who caused you to miss your flight, so I should sleep on the sofa." 

 

"But I ---" 

 

"Alright alright. Let's be fair then. Let's play rock paper scissors. The person who wins, takes the bed." Yunho suggests. 

 

"... Seems like a good idea." 

 

"Right, ready? Rock, paper, scissors!!" 

 

"Aw I lost~" Yunho pretended to sigh. "A promise is a promise, I'll take the sofa!" 

 

He’s just like Joong... he will always show paper first. Yunho smiled secretly. 

 

Yunjae stared at Yunho for a couple of seconds before registering his win. "Right, thanks." 

 

Yunho continued to glance at him from time to time as they unpack and get ready to sleep... 

 

How can… how can they be so similar? Their face, body, voice, actions… could he really be Joong? I should have asked Kim Heechul more about him… 

 

"Good night ~” Yunjae suddenly spoke, giving Yunho a shock.

 

“Oh oh! Good night! I'm turning in too... It has been a long day." Yunho smiled brightly at him, but also afraid to sleep and to find him gone the next morning. 

 

Could he… have the same birthmark as Joong? 

 

Yunho pondered as he tossed around on the small sofa. He sat up slowly after Yunjae fell asleep and tiptoed across the room until he reached the side of the bed.

 

Whew, he's facing up. Easier for me check… 

 

He held his breath and reached for his collar slowly and gently… 

 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed on to him and pulled him onto the bed. Yunho tumbled and fell towards Yunjae. Luckily he managed to hold himself on fours on top of the bed, inches away from Yunjae's body… 

 

*Ba-dump.* *Ba-dump.* *Ba-dump.*

 

 Yunho could feel his heart thumping like crazy. 

 

"Hmm…rock, paper, scissors, I win, you lose, thank you, " Yunjae slurred and he turned his body, facing straight at Yunho, even closer to his face. Yunho wanted to burst out laughing but held it in… He dared not move and continued holding his breath. 

 

Whew, he was just sleep-talking… THERE IT IS. The same birthmark on his neck! WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?! Did he come back to life?! Or what?! No way… I saw him getting buried right in front of my eyes… it can’t be… 

 

Yunho suddenly realised how close they are now, he could feel his breath… his warm breath… he could smell him… see his long lashes… and his cheeks… and … lips. Those cheeks and lips that he would kiss every single day… was right in front of him… 

 

Should I… 

 

Yunho inched forward slowly... 

 

Nonono! This is enough… I shouldn't take advantage of him. I cannot make him feel guarded against me… I have to get close to him slowly. 

 

Yunho pushed himself up slowly and crept back to his sofa. He covered himself with his blanket and smiled under it. Although he was confused but he was happy… very happy…  He could feel his face turn red.... 

 

I miss you… so much… 

 

Yunho murmured to himself as he fell asleep slowly...