The warmth of your hands

1% chance

“Let’s talk about your second encounter.” 

 

“It was the very next day… I was on the phone with Yuri, apologizing about what happened. She was upset that I couldn’t give her a satisfactory explanation… She told me to give her some time to calm down. So I said I loved her and…it started again...”

 

***************** 

 

“I love you. I love you. Is that all you can say?!” 

 

There you are again! So it wasn’t a dream?!

 

“Baby…”

 

“Don’t call me. You always do this after an argument. Can’t you understand how I feel?”

 

“What are you doing here? How did you get here?! I missed you. I missed you so much!!” Yunho tried to approach, on the verge of tears. 

 

“What are you saying now? You trying to crap your way out?” 

 

“No… no. You… you can’t be here… you left me long ago!”

 

***************** 

 

“So she disappeared again? After what you said?”

 

Yunho nodded. 

 

“From what I heard from you… You do miss her. Maybe you think that you don’t but she is still in your mind subconsciously…”

 

“It has been so many years… I thought I could put everything behind and move on…But maybe I couldn’t after all…”

 

“... Did that happen before? You saying “I love you” to her to end an argument?” 

 

Yunho nodded again. 

 

“Do you think that’s a trigger for her to appear?” 

 

“I don’t know… It has not happened before… And I… I don’t know what to feel…I’m happy… and afraid at the same time. I’m so confused!”

 

“Well then, let’s explore your feelings slowly. Why do you feel happy?” 

 

“Because I get to see that person again? To see that person’s face in front of me again… that person’s voice… eyes… everything…” The thought brought a smile to his face… 

 

“Then why are you afraid?”

 

“… I’m afraid that… that person will disappear one day...”

 

She paused at that for a while before continuing. 

 

“When you first came to me for help, you told me that you felt like you’re going crazy… and that you wanted to get rid of the hallucinations. Now I’m asking you again… What do you want out of these sessions?” 

 

“... the same thing?” 

 

“Can you look into my eyes and say that again?”

 

Yunho looked up into her eyes but could not repeat the same words again… 

 

“I see…” she leaned forward slowly, “from now on, instead of focusing on getting rid of the hallucination, why not take some time off, relax your mind and take these sessions as a normal chit-chat session instead of a therapy session. You think we can do that?” 

 

Yunho nodded slowly… “I… I guess…thank you… ”

 

***************** 

 

“Yuri ah… you still angry with me?” 

 

“... I wish I were” Yuri crossed her arms but couldn’t bear to be angry at him anymore ~ “but are you still not telling me what happened that day?” 

 

“I just… it’s probably because of all the stress… the talks you know? And the manager … Yes, the manager had such bad service that’s why I snapped and just wanted to get out of that place…” 

 

“Is that so…? Well, if you say that’s the reason then that must be it~ try to get some rest ya? If you need some time off I can cancel some of your schedule…” 

 

“It’s fine! I’ll be fine ~ thanks” yunho cupped her hands in hers… he knew that she didn’t buy his absurd excuse, but he couldn’t bring himself to tell her that he’s having those hallucinations and what more, seeing a therapist… 

 

I’ll get this fixed… and I’ll return to my normal self. I promise… 

 

“Alright then ~ I’ll see you later, got to go meet up with the sponsors! Go home and get some more rest okay?! Remember to take your meals!” Yuri gave him a light kiss on the cheek and hurried off… 

 

“I will!” Yunho assured her. But the truth is, he didn’t have any appetite. In fact, he felt nausea… 

 

He tried to get up but started to feel weak… 

 

“Didn’t eat breakfast again?” 

 

That voice again.

 

What did I always tell you! Breakfast is king! If you’re not going to start taking care of yourself, how can I entrust myself to you~ if you don’t eat you won’t have energy to do anything! So come on, get up now and let’s go grab a bite!” 

 

Yunho attempted to stand up again but was too weak to do so, and was feeling too faint to say anything… but amidst all these… he could feel himself smiling… to all the nagging that he is so used to… he tried to reach out to hold on to the hand but failed to as he fell to the ground…

 

“Where… am I …?” Yunho opened his eyes slowly as he scanned his surroundings 

 

“You’re finally awake! Do you know how worried I am?!” 

 

Yunho reached out his hands and managed to touch that hand this time… 

 

“I… must be dreaming to be able to feel this warmth again…” 

 

“What are you saying! I’m going to get the doctor, don’t fall asleep again!”

 

“Wait! Wait! Please don’t go, just a while… stay by my side for a while longer… I really miss you… do you know that?” 

 

“Yah. Why are you being so sentimental suddenly? As if you’re dying…” 

 

“I’m just afraid that you’ll leave me again… if I close my eyes…” 

 

“Don’t be silly! Just count to 10 and I’ll be back~”

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

 

***************** 

 

“You alright?! Can you hear me?!” Yuri waved her hands frantically in front of his eyes 

 

“You lied…” yunho whispered as tears trickled down his cheeks…

 

“What? What did you say?” Yuri leaned closer to hear better 

 

“You lied you lied you lied!!” Yunho repeated again and again as he started crying uncontrollably… “why are you doing this to me… why!!!” 

 

“Oppa!! Ya Jung yunho!! Please don’t cry… are you hurting anywhere?!”  Yuri didn’t know what to do as she stared at him crying like a baby… 

 

I’m sorry Yuri… I can’t… I really hate this feeling… but I can’t tell you anything … I just can’t… 



***************** 

 

“So… you actually felt warmth from that hand? Could it be that… she actually came to visit you? Knowing that you were in the hospital?” 

 

“It couldn’t be…” 

 

“How can you be so sure? I mean… even though she’s your ex, there is still a 1% chance that she’d come visit you? No?” 

 

“Yeah… there’s not even a 1% chance, that person… is totally out of my life now…” 

 

“You know… I feel that you really do miss her… do you think… you’re seeking for a closure?” 

 

“... maybe…” 

 

“Do you think you want to maybe… talk to her about it? Reach out to her? Visit her?” 

 

“Visit?” 

 

“Yeah… who knows maybe you two can talk things out or sort out things that aren’t settled?” 

 

“Of course I’d like that… we have not had a proper conversation in a long time… our last conversation… no… it wasn’t a conversation… it was an argument, a very heated one…” Yunho buried his head in his hands… 

 

“Seems like you already know what to do?” 

 

Yunho looked up slowly and nodded at her …