Confrontation

1% chance

He headed to the flower shop first and picked up a bouquet of carnations and drove on in silence until he finally reached his destination.

 

He got down from the car and walked… although he has been here once but he could remember the location clearly… the exact spot… 

 

“There you are…” he smiled as he knelt down and placed the bouquet on the ground… “I’ve missed you...”

 

***************** 



“Where were you last night?! I have been trying to reach you!” 

 

“Sorry… you asked me to rest so I just… drove around to relax…” 

 

“Drove around… to relax?!” She took a deep breath to calm herself down before continuing, “I seriously don’t know what’s going on in your life right now… you’re not telling me anything and I … even if you told me something, they’re all lies!”

 

“I’m sorry…” 

 

“Is that all you can say?! Sorry?!” 

 

Yunho looked up as he heard those words… but what he hoped for didn’t happen… the only person in sight was Yuri… 

 

“Are you even listening to me now?!” 

 

“Of… of course” 

 

“There. Another lie” Yuri shook her head in disbelief… “I’m going now…” she walked to the door and turned back one last time, “if you want a breakup, let me know… don’t leave me hanging like that” 

 

Before he could say anything, she was gone… 

 

“Why…  is everyone walking away from me…” 

 

***************** 

 

“I can’t believe him! He’s so…” 

 

Yuri stopped in her tracks as she looked at yunho’s car … 

 

“What if I…” 

 

She took out the spare keys, unlocked the car and sneaked in, the engine and scrolled through his GPS history… 

 

“Everything seems normal… office… house … and this one…” Yuri paused as she realised that this one address kept showing up. She quickly took down the address and stepped out of the car. 

 

“I’m sorry for doing this but… you made me do it…” 

 

***************** 

 

“This is it.” Yuri alighted from the cab and looked at the house in front of her… she took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell. 

 

“Coming!” A lady’s voice shouted from inside 

 

“, it’s really a lady…” Yuri whispered to herself as her heart beat faster and faster… “should I just give her a slap when she opens the door?” 

 

“Can I help?” A head popped out from behind the door. 

 

“I… I uh… I just…” Yuri was suddenly lost for words 

 

But the lady smiled, left the door open and went back into the house, “Come in when you're ready ~” she said calmly as she walked deeper into the house 

 

“Wow…” Yuri looked at the open door in disbelief, “she is so… open…” She took another deep breath and stepped into the house slowly… 

 

Everything about the house was so calming that she felt all her anger dissipate… then, she finally reached the room the lady was in.

 

“Take a seat…” she gestured her towards an empty seat opposite her 

 

Yuri sat down slowly and scanned the room. 

 

“Don’t be nervous… miss…?”

 

“Kwon. Miss kwon.” 

 

why did I tell her my name! Pabo! 

 

“That’s a good start ~ I’m Soo Jin, Kang Soo Jin~” 

 

“Alright. I won’t beat about the bush and ask you straight. You know Jung Yunho?” 

 

Soo Jin’s expression changed instantly.

 

“I was right. He was here… No, I should say, he has been coming here often right?”

 

Soo Jin smiled slightly and replied, “Yes… but, I cannot answer any more of your questions.”

 

“What?! You arrogant ---” Yuri stopped herself and took a deep breath… “I just want to know… how long has this been going on?”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m unable to answer any questions regarding my patients.”

 

“It’s just a simple quest--- wait… did you say patient?”

 

“Wha…”

 

“Patient? What? What is this place?” Yuri stood up and started looking around again… “Hang on. This is not a normal house… What is this place?!” She asked again.

 

“Seems like you came here without knowing anything… Sit down, and I’ll explain to you.”

 

Yuri sat back down nervously, waiting for an answer.

 

“I’m a therapist. But instead of working in a hospital, I prefer working in a more relaxing environment where my patients can be at ease as well. Yes, Jung Yunho is one of my patients. And from what I see here, can I say that you were not aware of it?” 

 

“Y...yes… I was… totally not aware…” 

 

“It’s understandable… Many are not willing to share that they are visiting a therapist as they might be labelled as someone with mental issues. You are his girlfriend?” 

 

Yuri nodded guiltily… 

 

Soo Jin handed a cup of tea over to her and continued, “You don’t have to feel bad… it's not your fault that you didn’t notice what was happening with him… if someone intended to hide something intentionally, it’d be hard for others to see through them…” 

 

“You’re good at making people feel good…” Yuri smiled at her… 

 

“I’m just stating the truth… and, if you have any questions, I think you should ask him personally instead of investigating on your own...” 

 

“I… I got it… thank you…” Yuri got up slowly and walked towards the door. “Oh… and ---”

 

“Don’t worry.. I won’t let him know about this.” 

 

“Thank you… You’re a nice person. I really hope you can help him.” Yuro nodded at her slowly. 

 

Soo Jin smiled at her assuringly, but sighed as she closed the door behind her… “This…  may be harder than I thought…”