Ch:32

Glad To See You Again

 

I got the chapter back but I don't know why I deleted the other chapters when I could have just used edit.../damn I'm stupid/ 
 
 
 
****************************************************
Well, you didn't technically break out of the hospital. It was something similar to breaking out. Escaping, maybe? 
 
All you really did was de-attach the IV from your arm with practiced hands, escape past all of the hawk-eyed nurses, and run for your life.
 
It was a miracle that you were able to hail a cab quick enough during the rush hour before you got caught by someone.
 
Actually, it was a miracle that the taxi driver didn't question why there was a possibly mental hospital patient riding in his car.
 
Now, what was this all about?
 
Let's rewind a bit; back to the part where you had woken up.
 
 
 
"Do you really want to know?" Chun Hee asked, placing his magazine down. 
 
You eagerly nodded, not sure where this was going.
 
Chun Hee got off the chair and went closer to the bed. "Promise not to rage after hearing it," he said, raising up his pinky.
 
Without hesitating, you wrapped your pinky around his.
 
Chun Hee took a deep breath and ignored all of the death glares coming form everyone else in the room. He had to tell you no matter what. It was the right thing to do.
 
"Well--you see, Dongho is---" Chun Hee paused. He didn't know how to form his words correctly without it sounding bad. "---you see here, Dongho is at a press conference because your accident was released onto the internet by one of the saesangs!" Chun Hee blurted straight out.
 
You had seen this coming anyways. One thing you were curious about though was, "Do they know why?"
 
Chun Hee didn't know whether or not he should answer your question honestly or stretch it into a lie that wouldn't send you into cardiac arrest.
 
Impatiently rollign your eyes, you crossed your arms. "Come on, Cha Chun Hee! Can't you see how calm I am right now?"
 
The older bo---man---pouted. "I don't want to get beaten up by you though!" 
 
You rolled your eyes again. "Give me your phone!" you ordered. Chun Hee reluctantly pulled out his phone and handed it to you. He turned to look at Chelsea for comfort but she merely gave him a pat on the shoulder. 
 
As you opened up the web browser, you weren't surprised to see Dongho's name along with yours at the #1 most searched terms.
 
The article that you were looking for didn't take long for you to find. After skimming through most of the text, you requested alone time.
 
Everyone obeyed your commands but if only they know.
 
None of them would have left the room if they knew you were going to sneak past them and go on a wild goose chase with the doctors and hospital security guards. 
 
Everything went successfully as you had predicted. Well, years of sneaking out without telling anyone late at night(or you could say early morning) had proven itself useful in your adult years. 
 
Moving on~
 
So here you were, standing in front of the press conference location while still wearing your hospital gown. At least you didn't look -ugly in it. 
 
You were seriously thinking about turning around to find a clothing boutique near the building to change into something presentable. Not only that but it would also be hard for the security guards to find you also. Someone wearing a hospital gown out in the streets is not a normal sight. You'd stick out like a sour thumb. 
 
Fidgetting for a few moments, you shrugged off all second thoughts as you confidently marched inside with your pride and dignity. Who knows what horrible mess you might become after coming out. You just hoped there won't be too many tears involved. 
 
Will jokes possibly break the tense atmosphere that was bound to be amidst the air?
 
 
 
~~~
 
"Dongho-ssi, you still haven't answered our question. Have you been aware of your fans doing these kinds of things?" a reporter with a thick beard asked. 
 
A very nervous Shin Dongho who had cold sweat trickling down the sides of his face; gulped. 
 
"Well? Did you?" the same reporter pressed. 
 
Without another way out, Dongho nodded. "Yes, yes I did." 
 
"Why did you decide to keep it from the public?" 
 
Dongho bit down on his bottom lip. That was a question that he wasn't sure of himself. 
 
The reporters came restless when they didn't get a reply from the young man. 
 
"If you kept it from the public, is it because you wanted to protect your fans or was it because you don't really love Miss Meenah-ssi?" another reporter asked. 
 
Dongho looked at the reporter with a both shocked and disgusted expression. His manager noticed how rigid Dongho had gotten and intervened before he could explode. 
 
"That is a question that invades Dongho's personal life. Please refrain from asking such questions." U-Kiss' manager professionally stated. 
 
The manager squeezed Dongho's shoulder in reassurance and whispered something into his ear. Dongho nodded back. 
 
Many reporters narrowed their eyes in suspicion but continued typing down everything that was said and done. 
 
A reporter in the middle row confidently raised their hand up with a smirk. 
 
Dongho nodded his head at the reporter. 
 
Their smirk only grew even more. "Can you at least tell us the details of Miss Meenah-ssi's well-being? Or are you not sure of that yourself?" 
 
Dongho growled underneath his breath. These reporters have their ways with words. They'll do anything to twist ones own words into something else just to create a juicy scandal or story. These people are scary.
 
 
 
What everyone in the room didn't know was that the main topic of the whole conference was right there behind them all. 
 
You rolled your eyes at all of the questions asked by the reporters. You didn't know why Dongho was nervous at all. These questions weren't even that hard. Except for maybe that really personal one before(which you were also curious about), all of the questions were ones that you could have easily attached a logical answer to. 
 
As the press conference dragged on, you were starting to get bored. You were actually worried about nothing however, you were waiting for that special moment where you would interrupt the whole thing, surprising not only the reporters but also Dongho. 
 
Kind of like those moments in dramas where the door dramatically swings open with a loud thud. 
 
You shook your head with a sigh. "I should stop watching dramas," you muttered to yourself.
 
After thinking about it for some time, you decided to go back. Nothing that Dongho couldn't handle would happen and you didn't want the reporters creating a big deal about nothing. When you started heading back towards the front of the building, you bumped into someone with a baseball cap and a laptop. 
 
Your eyes widened. 
 
"Meenah-ssi? Jung Meenah-ssi?" 
 
You ducked your head down, covering your face with your hands. Clearing your throat, you decided to stupidly fake a man's voice. "U-uh no this isn't Jung Meenah. You've been mistakened! I-I'm in a hurry right now!" you stuttered before bowing and hurriedly made your way towards the entrance as quickly as possible.
 
Just when you thought you would be free, the reporter grabbed your arm. "It is you! IT'S JUNG MEENAH!" the reporter decided to scream to the whole entire world.
 
It was only a couple of seconds later were you then surrounded by flashing cameras and bombarding questions. You tried fighting your way out of the circle that trapped you but only to no avail. 
 
You felt suffocated. 
 
That wasn't a good thing. 
 
You hadn't taken your QVAR inhaler yet.
 
As you tried pushing out even more, you felt hot tears b on the rims of your eyes. Why hadn't you listened to your conscience? This had been a horribly stupid idea to begin with. 
 
You clutched onto the hem of your hospital gown and screamed. 
 
It only took that scream to silence every single person in that building. Everyone watched as the main character fell down onto her knees while struggling to breathe. 
 
"Meenah!" came the horrified yell of Shin Dongho, the boyfriend.
 
Dongho took your beautifully pale hands into his as he cradled you against his chest. He frantically looked around and saw that no one was doing anything. "CALL THE DAMN AMBULANCE!" he barked. 
 
Several reporters at the front jumped at his sudden raised voice. Some reporters acted quickly and dialed 119. 
 
Dongho looked down at you with worried eyes. He calmed himself, breathing evenly so you would also start breathing evenly. It seemed to work because you weren't wheezing or gasping for air anymore. 
 
Dongho your hair soothingly as he tried to fight back his tears. "Are you okay?" he croaked. 
 
You opened your mouth to speak but Dongho crinkled up his nose in protest. "Don't speak! Just nod or shake your head!" 
 
A small smile played on your lips. Even at times like these, Shin Dongho could still be the adorable Shin Dongho you knew so many years ago. 
 
Not wanting to worry Dongho anymore, you lied and nodded your head. 
 
You could feel the exhaustion finally kicking in as sleep started to pull you into their arms. Your body started slowing down but it somehow felt like it was shutting down completely. 
 
That wasn't something that you wanted. You still needed to punish Dongho! 
 
You swore that in the darkness you were in, you saw Jesus standing there with a smile. You would have actually thought that you were dead if it weren't for the immense noise that seemed to be distant but still---near. 
 
"It's not your time yet. Rest up! You still have a lot ahead of you; like marrying a certain someone and living with them for the rest of your life." you heard someone say. 
 
The voice was familiar but then again, it wasn't. Was this how those people that had claimed to have met Jesus felt? 
 
You felt yourself smiling(if that was even possible). 
 
Yeah. I do have a lot ahead of me.