Ch:08

Glad To See You Again

You and Chelsea sat in the corner of a café, casually sipping sweetened iced tea. The both of you were randomly chatting about current university happenings and you kept on complaining about how that Jia girl tried to always be better than you during lectures whilst answering questions but you had to give her some credit for trying so hard. 

Chelsea swirled her straw around her beverage and sighed. "My brother is coming over," she said in a small voice. You glanced up at her, nodding as your lips turned into a firm line. That emphasized your adorable dimples which made Chelsea want to pinch your cheeks however, she held back. 

"Your brother can't be that bad, right?" You asked, trying to cheer her up a bit.

"He's my half-brother, Meenah-ah. He scares the living poop out of me." You shrugged, gulping down the rest of your tea. You pulled out your phone and kept on replaying U-Kiss' DORADORA teaser. 

"Gosh---Dongho is so---perfect," you whispered. Chelsea rolled her eyes and cracked a smile. "I mean like seriously. He worked his off for days on end and it turns out as amazing as this. I never though my baby could accomplish such things." 

Chelsea chuckled and placed tip on the table before walking out of the café. You followed right behind with your eyes glued to your phone as you let every single detail of the teaser since into your mind. 

You saw Chelsea roll her eyes out of the corner of your eyes as she slung her arm around your shoulder. The two of you got inside Chelsea's car and decided to drive around aimlessly while striking up random conversations. 

"Don't get too comfortable being back in Korea, dude. The fangirls will start acting up soon enough since you're already back." Chelsea informed.

You shrugged and stared out the window. 

"I wasn't expecting a peaceful return though, you know."

"Don't give up and be a cry baby like 4 years okay though. I know you and Dongho have both matured." 

"Yah! Dongho is older than you!" 

Chelsea giggled. "Once my brother comes along, my childhood friend will probably follow."

You looked at her. "You mean Lindi? The one in your pictures? You won't forget me, right?" 

Chelsea smiled and flicked your forehead. 

"Don't worry you little thing. Anyways, you should pack your Dongho lunch or something! That's what a good girlfriend would do for their busy boyfriend!" Chelsea scolded. 

Scoffing, you rolled your eyes. "Puhlease, I'd rather become best friends with Meng Jia then make a lunch for that chubby little puppy." 

Chelsea chuckled at your response as she turned a corner. You noticed a very familiar shade of red hair on the sidewalk and gasped. 

"Chelsea! Stop the car!" Chelsea obeyed in confusion as the car swerved to the side of the road. You burst out of the car and ran up to the person, tapping their shoulder. 

The person turned around and saw you grinning up at them. They smiled back and waved. "It's nice meeting you again." They grinned. 

"It sure is! Ah---I never got your name last time," you remembered. 

"Jeon Jihwan but call me Jay!" He smiled brightly. Again with this super bright smile of his. You felt your cheeks start to burn up and so you looked to the side and smiled. 

"I'm Jung Mi Ran---the CEO's granddaughter," you said in a small voice. 

Jay held out a hand in which you hesitantly took. Chelsea was standing behind you and tapped your shoulder. "Mind introducing?" 

"Oh right! Chelsea, this is Jeon Jihwan whom I've bumped into quite often and is associated with the company. Jay, this is Chelsea. She's my best friend!" You introduced the both of them in high spirits with a little too much enthusiasm. 

Chelsea dryly smiled at the person and shook his hand. She didn't like how comfortable you were getting with him so quickly. Chelsea leaned in and whispered in your ear, "We need to get going."

You furrowed your eyebrows and stared at her in confusion with your mouth slightly agape.

Chelsea rolled her eyes and curtly nodded at Jay before pulling you towards the car, stuffing you inside, and driving off in a hurry. You were still dazed and quickly looked back towards the sidewalk and waved at Jay once more. 

"Yah! What was that for? Where are we even supposed to go?"

Chelsea ignored your questions and soon pulled up to your house. You groaned in frustration and stomped into the house, ignoring the maids and butlers who bowed as you passed.

You collapsed onto the bed and started rolling around, obviously out of your mind. Chelsea soon came into your room and jumped right on top of you and she didn't even bother to budge.

You ignored her and just laid still with no movement. Chelsea let out a sigh and sat up on the bed, grabbing a picture of you and Dongho off of your bedside table. 

"This picture is cute. When was it?" Chelsea commented and asked. You glanced at her and the picture with raised eyebrows.

"Uhhhh---high school, I believe. Some time during the controversies I guess." You shrugged.

Chelsea gently smiled. "I admire you guys. The both of you could still smile this brightly during such times," she sighed. "I wish Chun Hee would be more like Dongho. Gosh, he gets on my nerves so much li---"

"But you still love him," you interrupted her ranting. Chelsea held her breath and slowly placed the picture frame back on the table. You smiled at her. 

"I think Chun Hee will be better comfort for you when your brother comes over to Korea." 

Chelsea wrapped her arms around your shoulder and started to sway back and forth. "My best friend has so much wisdom," Chelsea teased. You stuck out your tongue as the both of you laughed together. 

Your eyes darted towards the picture that Chelsea had just placed back down.

Smiling, you and Chelsea somehow ended up painting each other's nails while gossiping and talking about the most random things ever. 

A butler knocked on the door and politely walked in. "Miss Gina Choi has come over and has brought along a friend," he informed. You and Chelsea looked up from your nails and both nodded at the butler. 

Bowing, the butler left just as politely and calmly as he had come. Chelsea looked at you with a smirk. 

"You won't try anything, right?" 

You shrugged as you blew on your nails to dry them. "No promises~" You sang. 

The both of you walked out of the room and gracefully glided down the stairs. You looked into the parlor and saw Gina with an unidentified person next to her. 

You cautiously walked into the parlor to see Minwoo already there, chatting with Gina in a sweet manner. On normal days, you would have acted like it was disgusting but you completely ignored the two and eyed the person sitting next to Gina.

She was beyond gorgeous. Her hair looked so shiny and smooth with adorable mushroom bangs that made her large and adorable puppy eyes stand out even more. Her figure was absolutely flawless---even whilst sitting down. Her super smooth skin made you envy her even more. 

In other words, she was, in your opinion, a million times prettier than you. You could also tell that Chelsea was judging her just like you were. She was judging the girl super hard. 

Gina noticed your presence and immediately brightened up. "Meenah!" She exclaimed. She patted the spot next to her in which you slowly took your place. "Meenah! I'd like to introduce you to one of my most favorite dongsaengs in the world! This is Kim HyunA, a same age friend for you." 

You gave HyunA a small smile and shook hands with her. Minwoo cleared his throat which caught everyone's attention.

"Why don't we leave these three girls to have their girl bonding time?" Minwoo suggested to Gina. Gina grinned while nodding frantically. She jumped up from her seat, linking arms with Minwoo, and prancing off with your brother.

You shook your head with a knowing smile. "They just want some alone time," you muttered amusingly. 

"So---" you stretched, looking at HyunA. She gave you an adorable, bright smile and struck up a conversation that lasted for a while between the three of you.

I predict this girl is going to be a very good friend, you thought.

 

*****************************************************

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH T__________________________T

SOLs ARE COMING UP SOON T_______________________T

Let's move the matter aside for the moment though xD I get to meet Jay Park :'D

Anyone jelly? Huh? huh? xD LOL