What does my heart want?

Do you remember?

Jae had locked herself in her room for the next hour or so, sulking. She knew that her face probably looked horrible, and that her headache showed no signs of disappearing anytime soon. She was partially surprised that the house was eerily quiet, and she wondered if Daehyun was even home.

And why hadn't he come in here yet?

Jae was actually half expecting him to waltz into her room and snuggle next to her. She actually wanted that, since she wasn't mad at him anymore. She wasn't the type to stay angry at people, and if she was, it'll only last for about 5 minutes. She sighed and rolled onto her back, closing her eyes and allowing herself to think about Daehyun. Honestly, she didn't know what she felt towards him. Towards the other boys, she felt a love for them. A brother and sister kind of love. But for Daehyun, she didn't know. There were times that he'd make her heart race, and other times where he can be infuriating and stubborn. There were times where he could easily calm her down, and times where he'd make her wish that she could understand what her heart wanted. Her heart was darkened in pain and misery, and she didn't know her own feelings anymore.

What do I feel towards Daehyun?

She felt something crawl onto her stomach, and her head snapped up so fast that it should've been sore. She saw the most cutest puppy ever laying down on her stomach, wagging its tail and sticking its tongue out at her. She smiled hugely and lifted the puppy in her hands, taking in its beauty. He, as she noticed, had grey and white fur, and icy blue eyes. He continued dangling his tongue out and wagging his tail, and she held the puppy close to her, petting his head. He had a grey spot around his left eye, and she absolutely loved it. 

"How did you get here boy?" She questioned, even though she knew puppies can't talk. He panted at her and barked at her, even though it sounded more like a small squeak. He couldn't be more than 3 months old. Jae noticed a small piece of paper attached to his blue collar, and she pulled it out and set the puppy down on the floor.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Jae looked up and found Daehyun kneeling in the doorway, petting the puppy's head. He walked over to her and sat down next to her, giving her a sad smile.

"So you expect me to forgive you by giving me an adorable little puppy?" She said, petting the puppy's head. Daehyun nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, and I don't expect you to forgive me right away. Maybe not even at all, but I really am sorry. I was a total jerk and an idiot." He admitted, and Jae smiled at him.

"You were right... I should've been more careful." She said after several moments, looking at the puppy who had snuggled onto her lap. Daehyun's eyes widened briefly. 

"I really wouldn't have been able to know... I have no memory. So thank you, for looking out for me." Jae added, looking down at her hands. Daehyun was silent, but he was smiling.

"So, we're ok now?" He asked, hope lighting his face up. Jae looked up at him, and she shocked both him and herself by planting a kiss on his cheek. "Yeah, we are."

Daehyun held his cheek, which was on fire, and sighed happily.

"So what are you going to name him?" He asked, gesturing to the puppy laying down on her lap. Jae smiled and rubbed his tummy, and he wagged his tail again.

"Honestly, I want to name him Lucky. He's really lucky to have charms like this, and besides, he was given a shot in life." Jae said, and Daehyun nodded and smiled.

"I also bought dog food and other stuff for him, so you don't have to worry about that." He said, and Jae stared at him.

"Daehyun, you didn't have to..."

"I did, otherwise, he'd starve and have no place to sleep." He chuckled at her, and Jae stared at him. Daehyun was unpredictable and amazing, and Jae wondered how on earth she got to know an amazing person like him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head against his shoulder, careful not to knock Lucky off her lap. Daehyun smiled and hugged her, burying his face into her neck.

She smells like vanilla and roses.

"Jae, about what happened this morning, I don't regret doing kissing you, but I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." He said, not breaking the embrace. Jae sadly smiled.

"I seriously don't want to lose you, and I was hoping that we'd still be together. I'm madly in love with you." He added, and Jae was silent.

"You don't have to worry about the ultimatum any more. I'm just going to have to accept the fact, and let you live your own life instead of adding more worries to your list." He said, and Jae pulled away and gave him a guilty look.

"Daehyun, I'm sorry." She whispered, watching as Lucky ran around the room. Daehyun placed his hand over hers and gave her a small smile.

"Don't be babe. You can't control what your heart wants. It's not your fault. I don't think that I'll be over to get over you. I really do love you." He said, and his eyes flickered away for a moment before meeting hers again. 

"I'm just glad that you're back in my life again. I hope that you'll find everything that you're looking for... If you're happy, then I'm happy." He quietly added, and Jae silently nodded, although something was bothering her. Daehyun sadly smiled and helped her up, and he laced their fingers together. He whistled to Lucky, and the little puppy turned around and followed them down the stairs. Jae was looking at their hands the entire time, and she felt emotions stir inside of her heart.

What is it that my heart wants?