The Wedding

Do you remember?

3 more months later...

 

Daehyun shivered and lifted his coat collar up to his face as he paced down the streets of Seoul on his way to the dorm. It was a cold December day, and he was sure that it would start snowing soon. Still, besides the uncomfortably freezing air that surrounded his body, Daehyun was beaming with happiness and anxiety. Today was the day of his wedding, and he couldn't wait to finally claim Jae as his. When the dorm was in sight, he quickened his pace. He hurried inside and walked into their dorm, not bothering to knock. He walked inside and found all of the boys fiddling with their tuxedos, as if it was a pain to be seen in them. Honestly, Daehyun wasn't fond of it either, but he had to play by the rules.

"You guys look nice." Daehyun smiled, and Yong Guk gave him a gummy smile.

"You're lucky we agreed to wear thise." He chuckled, and Daehyun shrugged. "Don't worry, it's only once."

He glanced around the room in search of his best friend, but he wasn't in the room.

"Where's Youngjae?" He asked, and Himchan pointed in the direction of his room. Daehyun nodded and knocked lightly on his door before entering. Youngjae was busy brushing his hair up and applying gel to it, making sure that it was 100% perfect. Daehyun walked up to him and grinned.

"Are you ready for today?" He asked, and he nodded and smiled. "The question is, are you ready?" He asked, and Daehyun shoved his hands in his pocket and leaned back on his heels.

"I'm so nervous..." He sighed, and Youngjae smiled and placed his hand on Daehyun's shoulder, giving it a comfortable squeeze.

"You'll be fine. Besides, the love of your life will finally spend her life with you." He said, and Daehyun smiled and nodded.

"Thanks for being such a great friend, and thanks for being my best man." He said, and Youngjae grinned.

****

Jae observed herself in the mirror. She was finally 8 months pregnant, a couple weeks away from her due date. Her baby bump was huge now. She stared at her reflection and sighed, feeling her nerves kick in. She'd have to leave soon to go the church they'd be getting married at. She had dressed into a strapless white gown that covered her long legs, and she left her wavy hair down. She applied some makeup on, no matter how much she disliked it, and she slipped into low inch heels that were comfy for her. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Jae, are you ready? It's time to go now." Min's soft voice spoke, and Jae hummed in response and grabbed her bouquet of flowers. 

This is it.

****

Daehyun nervously fixed his shirt collar as he stood at the alter waiting for his princess to arrive. Only a handful of people arrived, just the way he wanted it. His family, some of Jae's family members that she'd been in contact with, and Yoo and Min. He'd even invited Mi and Park, since they'd done so much for him. It was small, and that was the way they'd both wanted it. Daehyun glanced at Youngjae, who gave him a thumbs up and jerked his head towards the doors. They flew open, and Daehyun felt his jaw hit the ground.

Jae, his elegant princess, came walking down the aisle, holding tightly onto Yoo's arm. He chuckled and slowly led her to the alter, and he helped her carefully climb the steps before walking back to his seat. Daehyun couldn't keep his mouth closed at the sight of Jae. 

She's so beautiful...

The minister began his speech, and Daehyun glanced at Jae. She was clutching onto her flowers very tightly, and a look of anxiety crossed her face. Daehyun slowly reached out and held one of her hands and gave it a small squeeze, and she looked up at him and smiled in response. Daehyun felt his heart melt at the sight.

I never thought I'd be here, getting married to the love of my life.

"Jung Daehyun, will you take this woman to be your wedded wife, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, and forsaking others, as long as you both shall live?" The minister asked, and Daehyun grinned. 

"I do." He smiled and turned to Jae and repeated the same thing, and Jae nodded and whispered 'I do.'

Youngjae came over and brought the rings, and Daehyun slipped Jae's ring on her finger. She blushed and looked up at him, giving him a soft smile. His heart beat was sky rocketing.

Gosh, she's killing me with that gorgeous smile...

They quickly said their vows to each other as they both felt their nerves kick again. The minister smiled brightly at the young couple and finished his speech.

"I pronounce you both husband and wife." Daehyun grinned and quickly leaned down and kissed Jae, and everybody in the room starting cheering. He could hear his mother scream and cry with joy, and Daehyun chuckled. He held Jae's hand and helped her walk down the steps, and they immediately engulfed in a circle of cries and cheers.

"Good job Daehyun and Jae!

"Aigoo! So Cute!"

"I'm so happy for you!!"

"Break it up people!" Youngjae shouted, protectively walking in front of Jae. He grinned at the others, and smiled.

"Now, let's go celebrate!"

****

It was nearly 1 a.m. by the time Jae and Daehyun arrived back home, and by then, it had begun snowing. Jae stared at the window with awe. It had been years since she had last seen snow, and seeing it now seemed so surreal. Daehyun came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her baby bump with his hands. Jae smiled and leaned back a bit.

"I can't believe that we're already married..." She sighed happily, lifting up her hand to glance at her lovely teardrop ring.

"I can't believe how lucky I am to spend the rest of my life with the most beautiful, perfect woman in this universe." He murmured in her ear, sending chills down her spine. She giggled and sighed, watching as the tiny ice droplets slowly fell down the ground, wrapping the Earth like a soft, cool white blanket.

"Babe, I'd like to take you on our honeymoon soon, but we have to wait for a while..." Daehyun sighed, and Jae shook her head and smiled at him.

"It's fine Daehyun. I'm just glad that I get to be with you." She turned around and kissed him, and he felt his pulse accelerate again.

Nobody will ever make me feel what I feel for her.

"I have alot of work to do with B.A.P, so maybe next week." He said, and Jae nodded and smiled. She gasped and placed her hand over her stomach, and Daehyun looked alarm for a moment before he saw her smile.

"Our baby boy is excited." Jae giggled, and Daehyun relaxed and smiled. He chuckled and placed his hand over hers, giving her lips a warm peck.

"I really do love you Jae." A bark interrupted them, and they looked down and smiled at the tiny puppy below them. Daehyun bent down and rubbed the tiny puppy's head, and Lucky wagged his tail.

"We also love you Lucky." He smiled, and Jae giggled.

"And I love you Daehyun."