Her Story

Do you remember?

Jae awoke to the faint sound of soft crying coming from the other room, and as soon as she opened her eyes, Daehyun was already heading towards the door.

"Jae, I'll handle it. Stay here and relax." He said, and he hurried off to the nursery. Jae giggled and sat up anyway, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. It was always like this. As soon as HaJoon started crying, Daehyun would immediately stop whatever he was doing and run over to his son. Jae found this amazingly adorable, and she loved how Daehyun cared so much for their son.

Jae pulled on one of Daehyun's black oversized T-shirts and padded down the hallway into the nursery. She found Daehyun sitting in the rocking chair giving HaJoon his bottle of milk. Jae smiled at the sight and leaned against the doorway, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You don't waste time do you?" He looked up and smiled at her.

"I can't help it. This is a miracle for me after all." He looked down at HaJoon again, smiling as he drank his milk, keeping his dark eyes hidden behind his eye lids. Indeed, he did have Jae's eyes and nose, but he had his lips and hair. Jae giggled and walked over to them, kneeling next to the chair. She smiled when HaJoon coughed a bit, and Daehyun reluctantly handed him over to her.

Ever since he first held him, Daehyun always hesitated before letting somebody hold his son. Even with Jae.

"Aah, he's so cute... Just like his oppa." She giggled, and Daehyun chuckled. Unfortunately, he remembered that he had to work today, and he sighed and got up from his chair, motioning for Jae to sit down while she helped HaJoon burp.

"I have work today." He sighed again, and Jae's face was creased with concern.

"You've been awfully busy with B.A.P lately. You've been working really hard for the One Shot promotions. Don't you think you should take a break?" She said, and Daehyun nodded.

"I have to work to support you and HaJoon." He said, stretching his back out slightly. Jae sighed.

"You know, I can always get a-"

"No." He sternly said, startling her briefly. She stared at him, but continued patting HaJoon's back gently.

"And why not? I'm worried that you'll collapse from exhaustion, and besides, don't you want to focus more on your career? Also, I feel like a freeloader... I've done nothing but cry and sit around while you worked so hard for me..." She lowered her head in shame, and Daehyun gasped.

"No babe! Don't think like that. You've been through so much, and I want to help you. Besides, if you got a job, who will take care of HaJoon? He needs his mother." He said, and Jae was silent. She hated it when Daehyun was always right.

I want to spend as much time with my son as possible.

As a response, Jae looked away. Daehyun got the hint and grinned. He bent down and kissed her temple.

"You've been through enough. Besides, it's only been 2 weeks since you gave birth. You still need to relax." He said, and Jae sighed and nodded. He ruffled her hair gently and smiled.

"How's your headache?" For the first time in months, Jae had been able to remember only one memory, but ever since, she's had quite a headache.

"Fine. I'm feeling better." She smiled, and he chuckled and nodded. He kissed her lips and gently placed a kiss on HaJoon's forehead, and he slowly left to go get ready for work.

****

After HaJoon was finally asleep, Jae took this oppurtunity to take a nice long bath. She stepped into the bathroom, leaving the door open in case HaJoon began crying again, and she stripped her clothes and stepped into the warm tub. She sighed as she glanced down at her stomach through the clear water, seeing her noticably ugly stretch marks. Oh, how much she disliked them.

And strangely enough, Daehyun loves them...

She was about to dive into the warmth, but then the sound of the doorbell stopped her. Sighing, she got out of the tub and dried herself off, pulling on her bathrobe and hurrying to open the door.

"Hello dear. Oh, I'm sorry, was I interrupting?" Daehyun's mother stood by the door, holding a small box filled with what smelled like chocolate chip cookies. Jae smiled and shook her head.

"No, I was just taking a bath. Please come in." She said, and her mother-in-law smiled and stepped inside. Jae excused herself to go put some clothes on, and she quickly slipped on a yellow sundress and black sandals. She brushed her up and put it up in a somewhat messy bun and walked back into the living room.

"How is HaJoon?" Daehyun's mother asked, and Jae smiled.

"He's fine; He's asleep right now." She nodded in response, and smiled when Lucky came running into the room, waking up from his long nap. The little puppy, who had a grown a bit during these months, let out a long, squeaky yawn and hopped onto Jae's lap, snuggling close to her stomach. Jae giggled and rubbed the pup's white fur.

"Of course, I haven't forgotten about my other son." She giggled, and Daehyun's mother smiled.

"Is Daehyun at work?" Jae nodded in response.

"How does it feel to be a mother?" She asked, and Jae smiled and sighed happily.

"It's just amazing... I... I don't know how to explain it actually." She answered, smiling brightly. Daehyun's mother studied her for a moment, and smiled brightly.

"How've you been feeling...?" Jae could understand what exactly she meant, and she sadly smiled and looked down at Lucky.

"It's hard to let go... but I've been alright." She said. Daehyun's mother smiled and looked down at the box of cookies in her lap.

"I know what that's like. I lost my parents as well to a horrible fate." She murmured, and Jae was silent.

"I was only 18 when I lost my father. He was on his way to his job when he suffered a heart attack on the sidewalk outside of his building. It was very unexpected, but luckily somebody was on the scene and called an ambulance, but my dad's heart was already weak. He was in the hospital for 3 days before he had another heart attack. This time, he wasn't so lucky. He died right in front of my mother and I, and I didn't know how to handle it. My mother was depressed, and sometimes, I could hear her sobbing from her room." 

Jae was silent. She was shocked to be hearing this, and by doing so, it sparked dark memories of that horrible night, but she made no comment. Mrs. Jung continued, keeping her gaze on Jae's lowered face.

"At that same time, my mother was also suffering from cancer. She never told my father, since she didn't want him to worry. But everyday, she was becoming weaker, and after my father died, the depression struck her greatly. She was growing weaker by the minute, and I couldn't do anything about it. I watched as she suffered, and soon, she ended up in the hospital. The doctors couldn't do anything to help her, and she held my hand as the life passed from her body. But she always told me to keep smiling and look onto the future." She explained, and Jae felt silent tears trickle down her face. Mrs. Jung noticed, but she went straight to her point.

"I was devasted after I witnessed both of my parents die. It was horrible, and I cried for weeks. Her words were replaying in my mind, and it took me several more weeks to actually smile. And from there, I knew that death was bound to happen sometime, and I found myself accepting reality. It was painful to just let go, but I did. It'll be painful at first, but then you can easily live." She said, and Jae smiled and wiped her tears away.

"You're so strong... I'm still not over it, but you're here, bright and strong." Jae said, sniffling a bit, and Mrs.Jung smiled sadly.

"You're still young sweetie. It's natural. But I'm here to help you as well." She said, and Jae nodded.

"Omma, saranghae." That was the first time she had ever called her "omma", and it shocked her briefly, but Mrs. Jung smiled and squeezed Jae's hand.

"Thank you... I feel a bit more stronger now." Jae said, smiling brightly.

"Just like your mother said, I have to smile and focus on my future." She added, and Mrs. Jung nodded. She handed Jae the box of cookies, and together, they ate and talked about their sons and family. Jae smiled as she listened to Daehyun's mother speak, and she smiled to herself.

Omma, oppa, I promise to never stop thinking about you, but I'll smile and look onto my future, just as you wanted me to.

Saranghae.

 

 

~ Lol, I ended up hitting writer's block =\ and Daehyun's mother's past idea just came into mind... it may not be a great chapter, but hey, I'll work on it~ :)

<3 Fighting~