I'm there for you

Best Accident

You

 

We sat down at the dinner table, both of us were completely silent, I’ve been so nervous about this ‘talk’ since yesterday. I didn’t dare to say anything, but since Myungsoo was quiet too, I’m guessing he doesn’t want to start talking either, we’ll probably end up arguing, and neither of us really want that. I looked around nervously trying to find a different subject to talk about. I decided to speak up first, while avoiding the subject which he came to talk about of course. “Would you like something to drink?” I asked, ready to stand up and make both of us some coffee. I could feel him stare right into my eyes, even though he’s wearing his sunglasses. Then he nodded and took off his beanie, probably because it was a pretty hot summer night. I really don’t understand why he wears his beanie even though it’s like 23 degrees outside.

 

I got up “Is coffee okay?”, he answered with another nod resulting me to go into the kitchen to make some coffee for both of us. I came back with our coffee and a smile in the hope this evening won’t turn out as bas I was scared of. “Give me your phone” he finally began to talk. I knew what he was planning, so I replied with a glaring look “No” as I put my phone inside my pocket. “I will only tell her that I’m going to take care of you” he said calm and softly. “Take care of me?” I scoffed “I wonder what that means according to you, because me and my aunt see it as giving me a place to stay and giving me money for food and clothes” I continued. “I see taking care of you differently”  he said in the most serious tone he had ever used before. “I see it as making sure that you eat, sleep and drink well. I see it as making sure you feel loved and never feel alone. I see it as making sure you can be the person you want to be” he said before I had the chance to ask him, I was surprised and unable to reply. I couldn’t really take in what he just said in one go, and I repeated his words in my mind.

 

It sounded so cheesy, but I am sure he’s sincere. The tone he used, and his furrowed eyebrows made me realize he’s not joking about this. Actually, what he just said, might be the most sincere thing I’ve ever heard.

But he’s not the person who should be making sure about all those things for me. Isn’t it the job from a parent? My heart started beating faster as I realized that it’s not only the job from a parent. Isn’t it also.. the job from a lover, a husband, your other half?
Certainly, I can’t take his words that way. But is it really okay, to let Myungsoo into my life as a fake-brother like this? I looked at Myungsoo before me, it was only a week ago that he came into my life, and now he’s pretty much claiming a spot in my mind, heart and life.

Do I really want to let him in all of those?
 

I blinked a couple of times and blushed, but then I realized another thing, how is he even planning on ‘taking care’ of me? I looked at him and tried to find his eyes under those sunglasses “How.. Do you plan on doing that?” I asked softly. “I need to tell your aunt first, and then make sure your school sees me as a contact person and besides that, I will try to visit you everyday” he said while grabbing my hand. I was confused now, why does he want to be in my life so badly? Does he still feel bad about running into me? Even though I’m perfectly fine..

 

“W..Why?” I stuttered, I stuttered? I was the first time I found myself stuttering. He squeezed my hand “Because, you need someone like that, your aunt is obviously doing a horrible job”.

I wasn’t sure whether I should feel offended by this or not. I hate my aunt, but my life is actually pretty good. “I don’t really think I need someone like that though” I said while biting my lip. Myungsoo is becoming more and more cheesy now. “My life is good the way it is” I smiled and took my hand away from his. “At least.. let me make sure your aunt knows me and contacts me for matters concerning you” he smiled. “Fine, you can call her” I gave him my phone and watched as he waited for my aunt to pick up her phone.

 

I really need to think about this more, what could be his reason, to be so into making sure I’m alright? The only thing I can really come up with is that he pities me for not having parents, or a nice relative who’s taking care of me.

 

 

Myungsoo

 

“W..Why?” she stuttered, making me surprised. Indeed, why am I doing this again. At first I just had contact with her to make sure that she would be alright. But then.. I started feeling comfortable around her rather fast, and us agreeing to being brother and sister, really.. I think I might be a bit too into this brother-sister thing. But really, she doesn’t have her parents and her aunt is horrible, doesn’t she need me? I could be a great brother for her, and I sincerely want to be there for her.
 

I sqeeuzed her hand “Because, you need someone like that, your aunt is obviously doing a horrible job” I answered. “I don’t really think I need someone like that though” she said while biting her lip, I realized that maybe, she doesn’t enjoy me jumping into her life like this. But honestly it’s a big change in my life as well, my life is already hectic the way it is, giving myself up as an older brother might not be the best for me, but I feel that it really is the best thing I can do right now. “My life is good the way it is” she finished off while taking her hand away from mine. I was a bit taken aback, it pretty much means she doesn’t really need me in her life. But honestly I think she just said that in order to convince herself, that she’s fine without someone really taking care of her.

 

“At least.. let me make sure your aunt knows me and contacts me for matters concerning you” I smiled at her. If her aunt is contacted by her school, she’ll contact me too and I’ll be able to watch out for her better.

“Fine, you can call her” she gave me her phone and watched as I waited for her evil aunt to pick up.

Aunt

Myungsoo

You

“Hello?” I heard the voice of her aunt. , I didn’t think of how I was going to tell her aunt this. “Good evening, this is Myungsoo” I began with just introducing myself. “Who?” she asked. “The guy who ran into your niece and brought her home afterwards” I informed her, in the hope she’d remember me now. “OOOH, that Myungsoo. Why are you calling?“I’ve been taking care of your niece this week” “Eh, okay” “And I plan to keep doing so” “Soooo?” “It would be nice.. If you could contact me about matters concerning her school and other stuff. Like whether she skipped or has trips”. I know it was weird for a guy she has never seen personally to ask her this, but I had to ask her. “Can I have my niece on the phone for a second?” she asked in a weird voice, it wasn’t necessarily mean but it did have a serious tone in it.

 

I handed the phone to the girl in front of me who was obviously doing her best to hear what her aunt said to me before. “She wants me?” she whispered and I nodded as I pushed the phone into her hands. “Hello aunt?” she started. This time it was my turn to do my best to hear what her aunt is saying. Which I didn’t have to do my best for since her aunt practically screamed into the phone “YOU'RE NOT KIDNAPPED RIGHT?” which caused for the girl to laugh so hard tears started to form in her eyes. “Noo aunt, I’m not” she answered when she finally was done with laughing. I must say, it seriously made me feel like a creepy ert.
“Then is it okay if I send him the emails school always sends me?” I heard her aunt in a rather surprised voice. “Well… Yeah, since he really wants to know about my school activities” the girl laughed and then said “He decided to act as my brother, so I’m sorry if he will be bothering you” she let out a giggle. I was surprised at her interaction with her aunt. Even though it’s her evil aunt, this conversation made it seem like they’re actually on good terms. “Fine” the older woman said before the phone was passed to me again. I gave her my email and phone number before her aunt hung up, and then passed the phone back to it's owner.

 

She put away her phone and then I decided we weren’t done talking yet. “I decided on a punishment for you” I smiled at her. She gulped “What..?” “It’s not that bad, you just have to make boxed lunches for 7 people one week” I said causing the girl to furrow her eyebrows. “What are you going to do with so many boxed lunches?” she asked confused. “Well.. obviously I’m gonna eat them” I answered while looking at her as if she asked something weird. “WHAT? All seven of them?” she asked shocked “Don’t tell me you’re going to make me make them for your colleagues or something?” she said while narrowing her eyes. “Maybe” I smiled “But it’s your punishment, so you better do well on it”. She sighed “Fine, are you going to pick them up or do I also have to bring them to your work?”. Hmm, not a bad idea actually, but I can’t really let her bring them, since we’ll be practicing.. she’ll know I’m a member from Infinite.

 

“I’ll come get them every morning before you go to school, that way I can also make sure you won’t miss school” I smiled at her content with my punishment. She sighed and just agreed.

“So.. I.. about the taking care of you thing” I was a bit at loss of word. “I’ll do my best to be here for you, so just call me whenever you need me. I won’t force my way into your life” I said, and I was actually kind of happy with what I said. Maybe it’s what I should have said from the start.

 

----------------------------------------------

Sowwry for the slow update guiseeeee <3
And sorrrry if this chap kinda , honestly, I wasn't sure what I should have given her as punishment x3
I mightttt have been a little busy with enjoying the summer hahahaha (:
I bought this awesome mini skateboard, it's like a fake penny and I feel so cool when I'm cruising through my mini town xD I only fell once till now! I'm so prooooo
I'll try to update something tomorrow toooo, but I'm not sure, since I'm going to the beach tomorrow and might be too exhausted when I come back lol

 

Thaaaanks for reading, subcribing and commenting<3
And and and and I'll do my best on the nex chapter :"D