Take a run for it

Best Accident

You

After Myungsoo left I replayed the last words he said to me in my head. “I’ll do my best to be here for you, so just call me whenever you need me. I won’t force my way into your life”

 

Somehow, his words made me feel sad, but they also made me blush and they even made me happy. It was weird how one sentence from him could make me feel so many emotions. I had never experienced this before.

It was already pretty late after Myungsoo left, and tomorrow my punishment would start. Honestly I’m not sure whether this is something I should call a punishment. It’s not that I like cooking, but.. I just got the feeling he was too lazy to do it himself so he just pushed it to me as punishment. For as far as I remember his cooking wasn’t that bad, when we went to picnic at the mountain the food he brought along was really good.

 

Suddenly I felt a hint of panic as I realized I don’t have enough food to make seven boxed lunches for tomorrow. I barely have enough food for myself for tomorrow..

I quickly ran outside but as I reached the store -that fortunately always is open till 11 in the evening- it began to rain. Damn, I didn’t bring an umbrella with me. There weren’t many fresh fruits since it was evening, so I decided to make a simple boxed lunch with kimchi mari.

It was easy to make and my mother used to make this for me, I learned how to make it from her, while she learned it from a friend of hers who used to live in North-Korea. It’s one of the few recipes she had teached me when I was younger and actually remember. Images of my mother smiling while cooking popped up in my mind and I felt tears coming up, but I bit them back.

 

I promised myself that I shouldn’t cry over my parents anymore, I’ve done that enough now. It’s quite some time ago since my parents past away. I was only 10 years old, I was a weak child mentally, as I was constantly missing my parents. But at school I hid my pain and grief and only smiled. At first my smiles might have been very fake, but as I got more friends my smiles turned genuine. School was the only place where I could smile freely and forget about the pain. Because as soon as I came home, I’d be alone and eat the dinner my aunt left for me. I used to live together with her, until I turned 12. She was never at home though, logical, she didn’t really want to see me, or take care of me. From the beginning she wasn’t up for taking care of me, but since there weren’t any other family members in Korea she didn’t have a choice, she couldn’t totally abandon me either. I always wondered whether she had hated my parents and therefore also me? But later I understood that she was pained as well by their death, she gave my an own apartment with the words “I don’t want to see the identical face of my sister everyday”.

 

I paid for the groceries and stared outside the window, it’s still raining really hard. Should I buy an umbrella or just run? I already have like 4 umbrellas at home.. As I was figuring out how wet I’d become from running through this rain a girl from my class also entered the shop, she was totally drenched. I remember that she lived pretty close to my apartment, “Minji!” I called out, she turned around so I could see her face and I saw that she wasn’t pleasantly surprised as she saw me waving at her. She never really talks a lot, although I’m close to most people in the class, I don’t know her so well. She doesn’t have any friends in our class, I told her I’d be her friend but she immediately declined on it. My guess is that she actually enjoys her time alone, but only because she’s not used to others around her. “Hi” she said before turning around and going further in the shop. “Ah, wait Minji! Is.. Is the rain really bad?” I asked her the most obvious thing, but still I wanted to try communicating with her. I still haven’t given up on making her my friend.

She turned around and looked at me again and nodded before saying “Couldn’t you tell from one glance?”. I laughed at her response, it sounded so.. y that it just made me laugh. Minji was surprised by my laugh but she showed me a little smile as well. “Yeah, and I suppose running doesn’t really help against the rain?” I sighed in the end as I looked at the raindrops fall. “It’s going to rain the whole night though, so it’s not like we’ve got much choice” she answered before going back into her own world again and I decided to just make  a run for it.

 

As I got home I was totally drenched even worse than Minji. I quickly took a warm shower and prepared the boxed lunches, and went to bed totally exhausted.

 

“naega jeil jal naga, naega jeil jal naga, naega jeil jal naga” “YES, I AM THE BEST NOW SHUT UP” I screamed as I stopped my alarm. Even though I slept I don’t feel like I’ve slept at all. I turned around in my bed a couple of times before I got ready for school. I looked like a mess, but thankfully my BBcream already made me look a lot better.

As I was eating my breakfast the doorbell rang, “Oh god, he’s here already?” I mumbled with my mouth full as I walked towards the door. “Well good morning sleeping beauty” Myungsoo said and immediately walked into my apartment. “Yeah, good morning to you too, mister sunglasses” I said and walked back towards the kitchen to finish my breakfast. “The boxed lunches are in the fridge” “Ah, I got them, thanks” he answered as he put them in his backpack. “You’re early” I said before I drank my glass of milk. “You just woke up too late” he answered “If you’re done, I could bring you to school?” he offered. No way that I’d back down on that. “Yessss please Myungsooo!” I answered as I put my dishes in the dishwasher.

 

On the ride to school there was a rather awkward silence, I must say that I do forgive him for being a nosy guy. But there still is this weird feeling, it’s a bit indescribable, but it makes me feel like I’m still mad at him. I made Myungsoo drop me off a bit away from my school, saying I’d walk the rest. I don’t want my friends to think weird stuff, especially since he’s wearing his beanie and sunglasses again.

 

Myungsoo

“Hey, it that girl going to make our lunches now?” Sungyeol asked as soon as I came back home. “Jeez, all you care about is food” I answered as I threw my bag on the floor. I just came back from ______ and felt a bit horrible honestly. And my feelings seemed to adjust to the weather since it was raining really bad. Dongwoo ran into the room as soon as he heard what Sungyeol said. “Myungsooooo, is a 16 year old girl really going to make our lunches?” he said with a smirk. “Ewl, don’t say it like that” I was disgusted by the face he made as he said that, that ert. Then I realized that he wasn’t supposed to know that. “You told him?” I said as I looked at Sungyeol with a pokerface. “Sorry?” he said as he gave me the bamboo pillow. I took the bamboo pillow with a smile and said “Oh, no problem Sungyeollie” as I started to hit him with it.

 

I woke up early and drove to _____’s apartment to get the boxed lunches and drive her to school. As she let me in she was still eating breakfast. I got the lunches and then offered to drive her to school. On the way to her school there was an rather awkward silence, even though we pretty much talked out everything yesterday I could still feel that she wasn’t comfortable around me. I dropped her off a street away from her school, since she asked for that, and honestly I thought it was a pretty good idea. She might not notice that I’m L, but what if someone from her school did notice it? I’d be ed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Guiseee I'm sorry for the super late and short update! It's not even an exciting update.. lol.. But you got to know more about yourself? I have to go to my part time job in half an hour and I still need to get ready and audruiheiher but I just had to update. So i didn't care whether it was short or not xD
I'll promise for sure, that I'll update another short chap tonight!
As for the reason that I haven't updated.. IT'S SUMMER!! Woohoo, I've been enjoying going to the beach, lakes and skateboarding and hanging out with friends. But but but I felt sad because I hadn't had any time for my fanfic D":
SOOO, THANKS FOR SUBCRIBING, COMMENTING AND READING
btw. the destiny mv is like, super hot.