the name game.

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

“HyunSun, what do you think you’re doing?” Onew yells stopping me mid turn.

“Did I do something wrong?”

He waves his hand, “Just continue.”

I jump back into the routine.

Transform into a bad girl~

“What the hell is that?” Key asks looking around the room and stopping at me.

Bad Girl by Baek Ji Young,” I answer shortly.

The song continues and we all stare dumbfounded.

“It sounds like it’s coming from our stuff,” Taemin says walking over to our gym bags. “Hyung, I think it’s your phone.”

I look around. “Me?”

He nods, “It sounded like it was coming from your bag.”

I run over and pull my phone out and the song starts up again. My eyes widen, how the hell did this become my ringtone?

Key snickers as I answer my phone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“MiSUN~ annyo!”

“Annyo, who is this?”

“Kim YoungJae, I thought I put my contact in your phone. Did you delete it?”

I slap my forehead with my palm. “No, I answered the phone too fast to check…Did you change my ringer?”

He laughs, “That I did.”’

I groan, “Why did you call me?”

“I decided on a name.”

I almost drop the phone. “That was fast, what did you come up with?”

Barking Spiders.”

At this I fall over.

“Are you serious?”

“Very.”

I swallow. “I’ve got to go,” I say before ending the call.

“Hyung, what was that about?” Taemin asks peaking over my shoulder.

“An annoying fly, that’s all.”

Was that guy really serious?

My phone rings again and I flip it open.

“MiSun, what do-”

I end the call and put my phone on silent.

“Ouch, that was harsh.”

I look up at Taemin.

“No comment from the peanut gallery.”

“Hyung, who was that? Was it an admirer?”

I snort, “Yeah, a girl professing her love.”

His mouth gapes.

“Anniyo. It was a band mate being troublesome, again.”

I try to avoid look at Minho, but it’s too difficult.

He’s laughing. At me. Perfect. ._.

Thank you YoungJae for being immature, now my Hyung thinks I’m a fool.

-----

I flip my phone open one last time before going to sleep.

Eight more missed calls from YoungJae and one message from an unknown number. I select the message.

 

XXX-5555:            Hey, it’s Donghul. I got your number from YoungSoo >.< but I had an idea for our name. What do you think about 젊은사람 or....2젊은? Kind of like a play on the twins names and English and also a play on the homonym two and too in English.

 

{{{For non Korean speakers: 젊은사람 (cholmuni saram) means “young people” and 2젊은(2 cholmuni) is “2 Young.” Donghul is referring to the two Youngs (the twins) and the fact that they are all too young. It’s a pun.}}}

I smile.

 

MiSun:                  I like it, but it seems like the name is only about the twins. I’m sorry; it weren’t for that it’d be perfect.

 

Dearest director, why did you give us this task before we’ve even started to work together?

-----

I eat my lunch and check my phone.

 

YoungSoo:          What about MiSun and Friends?

 

I choke on my water.

 

MiSun:                  Please be joking.

 

I place my phone back on the countertop daring it to beep, and it does.

 

YoungSoo:          I know…I like MiSun’s Boys better. It’s more vixen-ish than the first.

 

I drop my head onto the table.

 

MiSun:                  WHAT?! …TAT

 

YoungSoo:          It was just a joke. Donghul told me about his suggestion, and I agree with you.

 

I sigh. Thank god.

 

YoungSoo:          I’ll keep thinking, but I can’t promise anything. And YoungJae’s idea is sh-t.

 

I snort.

 

MiSun:                  It’s alright; we don’t even have song yet. And YoungJae is a special person.

 

“HyunSun!” Aecha yells appearing out of nowhere.

I barely look up from my phone. “Yeh?”

“Group meeting, come on!”

I stuff my phone in my pocket and chase after her.

But we just had a meeting…

-----

Not a meeting. It’s only YoungJae tricking Aecha to drag me to him.

I roll my eyes. “I don’t care what you want our image to be, we don’t have one yet.”

“I want to be Barking Spiders!”

I clap my hands around his face.

“Will you quit BARKING?! I know you want a hard core image, but that’s not going to work. And besides, your brother hates that name.”

He suddenly loses the act and seems as though he might cry.

“But Hyung said it was daebak!”

Oh god, what you’re brother will do for you.

“Oppa, how come you’re not mature about this? You’re acting like a child.”

He in his bottom lip. “But I like it!”

“Oppa, I’m terrified of spiders.”

His mouth drops, “Jinjja?”

I nod. “I think they’re so creepy it’s not even a laughing matter.”

“I’m sorry MiSun…” he turns away from me. “We’ll have to fix that before we debut.”

=_=

I whack him upside the head with my hand. “JUNG YOUNGJAE! We are not going to be the Barking Spiders! Get that out of your head!”

“Uuuuhhh…” he whines. TAT “Leader you’re so mean!”

“Stop being a kid, this is an important decision and I’m busy working for our debut. I don’t have time for you to keep interrupting me. If you have any more suggestions then don’t have Aecha Unnie look for me anymore. Just call me. I can’t keep running back and forth.”

“But you won’t answer my calls and we are kids! You’re not even the legal age yet!”

I take a deep breath. “You’re twenty. Please act like an adult.”

He mopes, “Just because I’m an adult doesn’t mean I need to act like one.”

“True, which is why I like Donghul’s name suggestion but it still doesn’t work. It focuses too much on you and your brother and not the group as a whole. We need something that can be edgy and genderless.”

He sighs, “That’s why I like Barking Spiders.”

I cup my face in my hands.

“Clearly you’re not ready to work as a group on this. I’m going back to practice. If you need me, you have my number.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

special thanks to Choi_Minju-Nikka and SignedAnon for coming up with the names. I really appreciate it :)

although i didn't end up using them for the groups actual name, they got me thinking and i decided on a name...which i will reveal later ;)

Whoot! Baek Ji Young! i love being able to add bits of other random idols into my stories. i'm in love with a few of her songs at the moment o_o and i think (i don't know korean so i'm assuming a lot) that having MiSun's ringer as that...in the middle of practice is perfect.

[[[listen to it on youtube:     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AfB-Lv9jzU  ]]]

 

much love,

meng.