Chapter 19

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 19: HE BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE

 

Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and whipped their heads to Kyungsoo’s direction. It seemed Kyungsoo unconsciously said that controversial sentence out loud and garnered more attention around them. Jongup looked at his best friend in confusion as well as disbelief. Kyungsoo just shrugged his shoulders and pretended that he was innocent, like he did not say anything wrong. Jongup sighed heavily but then suddenly something clicked on his mind. If that was the only way he could escape from this annoying sunbae and all the crazy fan things, he should thank his savior aka best friend.


“Who’s that guy?” Minho demanded an answer.


“He’ll be here soon.” Kyungsoo replied and that made Jongup to look at him like he had grew horns on his head. What was he thinking? We don’t have anyone close to pretend to be m-


“Oh, he’s here!” Kyungsoo excitedly exclaimed while his index finger pointed to one direction. Everyone seemed to be interested in knowing the person who successfully owned this adorable Moon Jongup’s heart. Jongup also looked at the direction and he could not be more surprise than that.


Gasps and whispers were heard around them as the person that Kyungsoo was talking about was none other than the very wanted good-looking guy in the university, Jung Daehyun. Daehyun opened the car door and immediately opened an umbrella above his head. He got out of the car and closed the door. He handsomely walked to the entrance without caring everyone’s eyes that were on him with his one hand steadily holding the umbrella. He was already used to that kind of attention here. Poor him as he did not know the real situation.


Jongup widened his eyes and he sent his death glare towards Kyungsoo so that his best friend knew that he was being ridiculous here. Kyungsoo could only smirk and wink at Jongup. On the other hand, Minho, Jongin and other students could not even blink their eyes when Daehyun made his appearance before their eyes. Some were frustrated when they knew the fact that they could not even get close to both Jung Daehyun and Moon Jongup as they were dating each other which was a very false statement.


Daehyun’s eyebrows knitted together when he saw Minho and Jongin with Jongup and Kyungsoo. He walked towards them and alternately looked at them four. Kyungsoo faked a cough in order to get Jongup on cue but yeah, the Moonbaby sometimes could be oblivious and clueless. Minho cleared his throat and put his arms in front of his chest. He looked at Daehyun while raising his one eyebrow. He did not know why but he felt suspicious with the fact that Jongup and Daehyun were in a relationship.


“What are you doing here again?” Minho suspiciously asked Daehyun.


“I’m here to fetch Jongup.” Daehyun honestly replied. Jongup gulped in nervous while Kyungsoo mentally face-palmed himself as Daehyun was really pure clueless and told the truth. Minho’s suspicious rocketed and he alternately looked at Daehyun and Jongup just to make sure that something was there for him to point out.


“What fetch? It’s not that you’re his driver.” Minho tried to dig some information when he thought that Daehyun was easy to fall into his trap.


“Indirectly, yes. As I told you before, I’m responsible for Jongup’s safety.” Daehyun nonchalantly said without realizing that he was about to reveal something that should not be disclosed. Jongup started to get panic.


“Safety? So, you’re his bo-” Minho’s words were cut off by Jongup who instantly closed his gap with Daehyun and linked his arm with Daehyun’s.


“Boyfriend! He really cares for me. I’m lucky to have him by my… side always.” Jongup trailed off in the end of his sentence as he did not know what to crap anymore and he finally formed a smile, an awkward one. Daehyun on the other hand, froze on his spot as he was extremely surprised when Jongup linked his arm with his and his super unexpected words. Even he was flabbergasted with current situation, but his mind was really alert. He knew he should do something, so he said…


“Jongup? I thought you want to keep this relationship as secret. Why did you tell him?” Daehyun softly said while pretending to look at Jongup oh-so-lovingly.


Hence, the situation was twisted! Now, Jongup and Kyungsoo were the ones who froze on their spot. They did not expect that Daehyun could act perfectly and said those words. It never crossed their mind either. While other students including Minho and Jongin were totally fooled by the acting and for the umpteenth times, their eyes were wide opened and gaped at the same time. Jongup gulped nervously before he replied Daehyun.


“Erm, erm, that’s because… of Kyungsoo.” Jongup slowly replied. At the same time, he indirectly told Daehyun that Kyungsoo was the one who started all these nonsense. Daehyun took a glance at Kyungsoo and the latter could only grin sheepishly. He then smiled his dazzling smile and casted his gaze back to Minho.


“Well, since you already know the truth, I should stop pretending to be his driver and bodyguard, shouldn’t I?” Daehyun asked Minho who just rolled his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter