Chapter 11

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 11: THANK YOU, JONGUP

 

Daehyun could not be happier than that. It seemed like Jongup knew how to make him felt better. When he thought about it, he felt like he was an idiot for having that kind of feelings. He was like having two personalities here; one was refraining himself for advancing what he felt for Jongup and blocked all the thoughts that might help him. The second one was like encouraging him to just let it be and felt the wonderful feelings again. Which one should he follow now? He blew the hot chocolate again before he sipped it.


“HYUNG! Don’t drink it!”


It was too late to warn him. Daehyun already sipped the chocolate drink and the taste of salty hot chocolate he never had taste before quickly attacking his taste buds. He frowned and instantly turned his body from facing Jongup, his eyes were shut automatically and his face scrunched up as he barely tried to swallow what he believed a delicious sweet hot chocolate. Suddenly he felt the mug in his hand being pulled from his grip and a panicky sweet voice rang through his ears.


“Daehyun hyung, gwenchannayo? I’m sorry, I thought it was sugar. I didn’t read the label, my bad. I’m so sorry, hyung!” Jongup’s voice filled with guilt. Daehyun wanted to reply him but seemed like the taste of that salty hot chocolate was stuck at his throat making him coughed a bit. Jongup immediately gave him assistance. He softly patted Daehyun’s back. Ottoeke? Aish, chincha! I should read that label first. Pabo me! And why must all the containers look exactly alike? Seriously! Jongup thought to himself.


“H-Hyung? Gwenchannayo?” Jongup peeked at Daehyun’s expression from aside. Daehyun nodded his head even though his eyes were still closely shut. Without any second left, Jongup moved his feet and grabbed a glass, filled it with plain water and handed it to Daehyun who gladly took it. Guilt was written all over Jongup’s face and Daehyun did not like to see that sight before his eyes.


“Ne, gwenchanna.” Daehyun took another sip of the plain water.


“Sorry I wasn’t aware of th-” Jongup wanted to explain his careless but was cut off by Daehyun.


“No, no. It’s okay. I don’t mind. I’m okay, you see.” Daehyun reassured Jongup of his state, but Jongup did not seem satisfied with that – to his dismay. He did not like to see Jongup with the sad face, it did not suit him. He liked to see the happy Jongup, but how could he change the Moonbaby’s expression and guilty feeling?


“Gupbaby!” A call from someone who was entering the kitchen caught their attention and so they turned their head to the person – it was Himchan, followed by Yongguk. Daehyun immediately recomposed himself and stood straight when he saw them. He still felt a bit insecure when it came to that harmless master and he thought that by showing a good impressive attitude probably would help him held his job a little longer.


“Yes, Chan hyung?”


“Where did you hide the spatula?” Himchan said, a smirk was plastered on his face. Yongguk who was standing beside him could only shake his head. Jongup smiled before headed to the cabinet where he hid the spatula and gave it to his hyung.


“Hey, Daehyun. How’s your job? Is everything okay?” Yongguk asked the bodyguard, voice filled with concern. Daehyun quickly nodded his head before answered him.


“Yes, everything’s great. Thanks for asking and introducing me the job.” Daehyun sincerely thanked the helpful man. He could not imagine his life if he did not get the job offer to be a bodyguard. He thought that he should treat Yongguk and Luhan hyung after he received his first payment.


“Naa, it’s nothing. You don’t have to thank me every time you see me though. I’m just doing what I need to do. All the best okay. I know Uppie is not hard to handle. Right, baby?” Yongguk asked Jongup and received a cute smile with crescent-shaped eyes from the latter.


“Chan hyung, you’re going to punish Jae hyung…like right now?” Jongup asked Himchan who only gave a meaningful smile before heading to the living room. Yongguk tailed him from behind. Obviously, he would not want to be separated from his Himchan. Possessive much, huh? Could not blame him though as both of them were busy during weekdays and they only met for lunch.


“Punish?” Daehyun asked. Jongup turned his head towards Daehyun and nodded cutely.


“For taking Chan hyung’s part…” Daehyun’s mouth formed an ‘O’.


“Daehyun hyung… you sure you’re okay?”


“Absolutely sure, don’t worry.” He stopped before continued his words which he himself shocked with what he just said.

 

“You’d look beautiful if you smile.”


Their eyes met again and instantly looked away. Jongup felt his face burning and his cheeks gradually showing a tint of pink shades. Daehyun on the other hand was mentally scolding and slapping himself as he let his mind took control over him and slipped the words through his mouth. The atmosphere turned more awkward than before and they stayed silence for a while,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter