Chapter 33

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 33: YAH! DAEHYUN-AH! GWENCHANNA?!

 

I’m your husband and you’re my wife. I’m his wife and he’s my husband… Jongup chanted those words in his mind countless of times. He did not realize that he blankly stared into Daehyun’s dark brown orbs without giving his answer to the latter’s decision quite a while. Daehyun on the other hand was contemplating whether he should stick to this role play decision or change it into another role plays since the feedback he got was something he did not expect for. The bodyguard thought that he was going overboard with this role plays thing and internally sighed before he opened his mouth as he wanted to cancel it but the familiar sweet voice rang through his ears and mind, getting all of his attention.

 

“A-Alright. That sounds… w-wonderful.” Jongup stuttered a bit, feeling nervous on how he would be playing his role as Daehyun’s wife.

 

“Are you sure? If you don’t want i-” Daehyun’s words were cut off by the adorable Moon baby.

 

“NO! I-I mean…no, it’s okay. I’m sure I can play the role good enough. I already did t-today.” Jongup puffed his cheeks and broke their eye contact. As much as he wanted to look confident and determine in front of his bodyguard, he just could not when the look Daehyun was giving him sent shiver down his spines and his heart was not even comply to his order when it continuously racing uncontrollably.

           

“Jongup-ah, be careful. You might end up falling in love with me.” Daehyun said in a teasing tone which made the Moon baby to turn his head and looked wide-eyed at Daehyun, shocked! His cheeks blushed upon hearing that statement and it earned Daehyun’s laughter. Daehyun silently held the pain that slowly crept into his heart when he knew his words were nothing to the younger. Falling in love with me? Dream on, Daehyun. On the other hand, Jongup was screaming in his head frantically. Omo! Does he notice it already? OTTOKHAE?! Am I making it obvious that I’m starting to fall for him? This is… embarrassing!

 

“Oh, you’re the one who should be careful instead. I’m afraid you’ll fall for me hard.” Jongup tried his best not to stutter out of nervousness as he tried to cover up his shyness. Daehyun beamed as those words rang through his ears. It’s too late for that warning, Jongup. I already am falling hard for you.

 

“We’ll see about it then.” Daehyun nonchalantly replied, earning a few nods of agreement from the younger.

 

An awkward silence engulfed them for a while since they both did not know what to say. Minutes passed and Jongup somehow started to notice that Daehyun did not even touch the ice-cream cake which was placed in front of him. A small pout was seen visible on his cute lips when the thought of Daehyun did not like the ice-cream cake bothered him so much. As he was so indulging himself into staring at the untouched ice-cream cake on the table, he failed to notice that Daehyun had always trained his eyes on his beautiful face. The latter obviously saw the younger’s lips started to form into an adorable pout and if what he thought was right, he saw a tint of disappointment on Jongup’s angelic face. Feeling curious, he opened his mouth, wanted to ask the Moon baby what was on his mind.

 

“Yeobo…” “Chagiya…” They spoke simultaneously and then blinked their eyes twice.

 

“You first…” Again, the words came out of their mouth in unison. They looked at each other before they both chuckled at how funny the situation was. It somehow brought back their memories on the first time Daehyun came to sleepover at Jongup’s house. Being the gentleman he always was, Daehyun gestured his hand indicating for Jongup to start talking first instead of saying it, thinking that the speaking-together-in-unison might happen for the third time in a row.

 

“Why don’t you eat the cake? Do you not like it?” Jongup asked. Daehyun arched his eyebrows and before he could control his eagerness, a question was quickly shot to the younger.

 

“Is this the reason why you were pouting for the past few minutes?”  Daehyun’s question made Jongup’s eyes widened in disbelief and he knew he could no longer hide his blushing face in front of Daehyun. Daehyun’s lips curl into a smile. He knew he had guessed it right upon seeing a slight pink color tinted those soft cheeks of Jongup again. The younger had mistakenly interpreted the smile. He assumed that Daehyun must be laughing inside that he was feeling disappointed when his bodyguard did not eat the cake, chocolate ice-cream cake to be exact – his favorite. Well, the truth was he actually felt a bit disappointed when the thought of Daehyun did not like what he liked though, but he soon shook the thought off before retorted.

 

“So, are you indirectly saying that you’re staring at me the whole time… admiring my, uh, h-handsomeness?” Daehyun was taken aback at Jongup’s direct question. He did not expect the Moon baby could ask such question to him. Unnoticed by the younger, Daehyun’s ears started to become red. He too, mistakenly thought Jongup was teasing him for so-called falling for his charm sooner than he should… even though it was the whole truth for his case. He did not want to be the one who lost for who-falls-for-who-first game (although he already did longer than the Moon baby knew), so he quickly thought of something to tease the other back. In order to distract Jongup’s full attention on his reaction, he found a way on how to make the situation turned the other way round. Let’s see who’s going to win this teasing game.

 

“What if I say yes? Is it wrong for a husband to admire the handsomeness, or in my eyes, the cuteness or beauty of his own adorable wife?” Daehyun leaned his body forward to the table, elbows supported his arms as he laced his hands under his chin and eyes looked straight into Jongup’s beautiful brown orbs. He wanted to look obvious that he was teasing the younger and say, he succeeded as Jongup immediately broke the eye contact when shyness suddenly kicked in upon being stared like that. Smirking… Daehyun eyed the younger intensely, anticipating on what the other would do later. The Moon baby knew that his bodyguard was testing him. It did not take long for him to come up with another idea. You’re not gonna win this game, hyung, because I will.

 

Jongup reached for the fork which neatly placed on a piece of tissue and cut a small piece of Daehyun’s cake. He then brought the small piece of cake before Daehyun’s mouth. A small smirk plastered on Jongup face, unnoticed by a flustered Daehyun as his eyes were looking at the cake, squinted-eyed. The Moon baby quickly schooled his face and showed an innocent one instead when the bodyguard tore his gaze and looked up at him.

 

“What? Is it wrong for a wife to feed his husband with a small piece of chocolate ice-cream cake on his birthday?” Jongup’s words really caught Daehyun off his guard. It seemed like Jongup knew how to play along. Daehyun found this role play thing was quite fascinating and it would be a lie if he did not get excited about it. He gave a genuine smile to the other before he spoke.

 

“Certainly it isn’t. What a loving wife you are, Chagiya.” Daehyun opened his mouth and took a bite of the cake. Jongup was about to pull his hand when he felt something or rather someone prevented him from doing so. He frowned when he saw Daehyun playfully bit the fork between his teeth.

           

“No biting the fork, Yeobo. It harms your teeth.” Jongup seriously warned and Daehyun let it go instantly when he could not stop himself from chuckling.

 

“What’s so funny?” Jongup asked, feeling a bit annoyed when he thought Daehyun was making fun of him.

 

“You’re so serious that it surprised me. You really care for your fake husband here. I must admit that you’ll become a great wife in the future, Chagiya.” Daehyun ended his words by sending a wink toward Jongup. The latter mentally fanned himself with his hand as he replayed the moment Daehyun winked at him. He looked so hot!

 

“W-What a flirty husband you are, Yeobo. Anyway, thanks for the compliment.” Jongup blurted out those words which later earned laughter from Daehyun. Seeing a happy Daehyun in front of him was enough to bring a smile to our adorable Jongup. It was what he wanted to do anyway – made Daehyun happy.

 

Daehyun took the fork out of Jongup’s grip and cut the ice-cream cake before shove it under Jongup’s nose. Daehyun reasoned out that a married couple should actually feed one another when they eat and Jongup accepted the so-called fact without even protest. Wait? Did they just share the same fork? Does this mean they had just had an indirect kiss? As time went by, they got so into the role play which they naturally called the other with endearments and had some skinskips… when necessary. They looked so real to the point that it did not seem like they were playing house anymore.

 

Jongup called Kyungsoo to take the Olaf plushie back from his best friend’s care after they decided that they should be heading home by now in order to make dinner. They agreed to meet at the main entrance of Duzon Mall and Jongup stubbornly wanted to carry some of those groceries paper bags until they reached the main entrance which made Daehyun to finally give in. When the sight of KaiSoo couple with a huge plushie in the taller male’s hold was seen not far from where they were currently standing, Daehyun decided that he should go out to find a taxi. Before he went out, he asked Jongup to stay there until he came back and the latter just nodded before he put the paper bags he was holding down on floor.

 

Daehyun made his way back to the main entrance not long after that and saw Jongup had a little conversation with the KaiSoo couple, arms hugging the plushie tightly. Daehyun approached them and Jongup instantly knew that they already got a taxi to go back to Daehyun’s home. Daehyun picked the paper bags up from the floor and they bid goodbye to the KaiSoo couple who obviously were frowning when they noticed Jongup and Daehyun hopped in a motor vehicle identified as a taxi instead of one of the Moon family’s cars. The ride was accompanied by songs played by the taxi radio. Jongup slowly immersed himself in the current song which was being played and out of habit; he unconsciously rested his head on Daehyun shoulder and closed his eyes.

 

Daehyun was brought back from his trail of thoughts when he suddenly felt something weighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter