Chapter 31

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 31: I THINK OUR BABY HERE WANTS TO EAT ICE-CREAM NOW

 

Am I really starting to like Daehyun hyung? That question kept on playing in his head. Slowly Jongup drowned himself into his memories with Daehyun. Daehyun had been his bodyguard for almost six months already. Since the day they had to be a fake couple in university, they would sometimes hold hands in front of people and there was nothing more. But he admitted that he would sometimes feel nervous when Daehyun was around him. He thought it was normal but when the nervous-kind-of-feeling started to take control on him, he could not help but like it.

 

His mind remembered how he would blush whenever Daehyun was before his eyes… looking straight into his eyes and smiling his infamous killer smile. He remembered how happy he was whenever he was with Daehyun. It was a different kind of happiness that he himself could not describe it. And he remembered how he felt when he looked at Daehyun’s photo that the latter took with that beautiful guy. JEALOUS! The kiss… no doubt, he loved it! I think I’m falling for him…

 

“Uppie, are you done spacing out? I’ve been standing here like forever waiting for your reply, if you didn’t notice...obviously.” Kyungsoo’s teasing voice snapped Jongup from his thoughts.

 

“Sorry, Kyungie. I jus-” Jongup could not finish his words as Kyungsoo suddenly gasped and cut him off.

 

“You’re falling for him!” Kyungsoo exclaimed while pointing his index finger at Jongup’s nose which the latter then widened his eyes before his hand grabbed a hold on Kyungsoo’s finger to pull it down to his side. Aish, chincha this buddy.

 

“Shhh, don’t say it out loud.” Jongup reprimanded Kyungsoo while his eyes anxiously looked around, afraid that someone might hear Kyungsoo’s so-called exclaimation.

 

“So, what I’m thinking now is true?!” Kyungsoo eagerly asked. I’ve been waiting for this moment to come and what took you so long to realize, Jonguppie? Aigoo.

“I-I don’t know, okay. I’m not sure what I’m feeling now, Kyungie.” Jongup puffed his cheeks. He was not sure whether what he thought was true or otherwise. Kyungsoo mentally face palmed himself square at his forehead. Uppie and his innocence!

 

“Hey, Uppie. It’s okay if you’re not sure about it for now. But if you really do love Daehyun hyung, what are you going to do?”

 

“Hmm, mollaaa~” Jongup whined oh-so-cutely making his best friend to chuckle and ruffle his hair. His height would never limit him from doing that!

 

“You’re ruining my hair!” Jongup glared at Kyungsoo and crossed his arms in front of his chest. As always, Jongup was too cute to be true and that made Kyungsoo to pinch his cheeks before he helped the Moon baby to fix his hair back.

 

“Sorry, can’t help it. You’re whining just because of Daehyun hyung really makes me think that you’re really falling for him.” Kyungsoo concluded and made Jongup froze at his spot with hands still on his hair trying to fix it.

           

“Y-You think so??” Jongup asked in a low tone. Blush started to creep on his soft cheeks and that made Kyungsoo to remember of how he first realized that he had feelings for Jongin months ago.

 

“What had gotten into you for saying all those love words to Daehyun hyung on stage just now?” Instead of answering Jongup’s question, Kyungsoo shot his one. Hearing the unexpected question made Jongup to bring his palms to his face. He was totally embarrassed for what he had done on the stage. What was wrong with me?

 

“I-I don’t know. I have the urge to say those words to him. It suddenly crossed my mind and… and… Oh, God. This is embarrassing! How did I-” Jongup started to ramble about things and Kyungsoo immediately calmed him down.

 

“There, there Gup dear. It’s okay. Nothing’s wrong for saying that. We could call it as fan service.” Kyungsoo grinned widely.

 

“What? Fan service?! I’m not an idol to start with.” Jongup rolled his eyes.

 

“What? You guys already made bunch of fans here with your so-called sweet love moments on that stage. It’s definitely called as fan service if you didn’t mean it.” Jongup was alert when the words ‘didn’t mean it’ went through his ears. I didn’t mean it, did I? Haih, where did I get the idea to say those words? It puzzles me. And why did I kiss him back? It’s not because of fan service, is it?

 

“Amuten, when did you start to like plushie? I never saw this coming… you and plushie?” Kyungsoo continued when he didn’t receive any reply from Jongup about the fan service issue. He made his curiosity looked obvious with eyebrows arched and mouth slightly opened while shaking his head a bit.

 

“Uh, urm… I don’t know. Olaf is too cute and I just want to keep one myself. You should watch Frozen! I just watched i-it…w-with Daehyun h-yung…” he trailed off when he realized he just accidently told Kyungsoo another point for his best friend to . Kyungsoo was already wiggling his eyebrows and grinning.

 

“Oh, now I got it. Are you guys actually on a date today? Why didn’t you tell me? Tsk, you love him but pretend as if you don’t know what you’re feeling. Do you think you can hide this from me, the Do Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo said with a diva-like tone. Jongup thought his best friend got this diva-ness from his brother Kibum as he stopped Kyungsoo from accusing him more.

 

“Kyungie, Kyungie! It’s not what you think it is, okay. And I’m not pretending!”

 

“And you’re blushing. Just tell me that you want to keep the plushie as you guys’ first da-” Kyungsoo found himself being muffled by Jongup’s hand before the latter released his mouth and his heels leaving a dumbfounded Kyungsoo.

           

“Auw, come on Uppie! I’m just joking okay!” Kyungsoo followed his best friend’s steps. He stopped when Jongup suddenly stopped and turned to look at him.

 

“You just give me an idea. Thank you, Kyungie!” Jongup pulled Kyungsoo into a bone crushing hug but before the latter could register anything, he was being released and left again. What’s wrong with Uppie today? What idea? Confusion was written all over him as he made his way to the other three.

 

“Daehyun hyung, I want that plushie, please.”  Jongup asked for the plushie and when he got it, he immediately shoved the huge plushie right to Kyungsoo who was not expecting it and stumbling from the sudden contact. Luckily Jongin who was practically putting his hands on Kyungsoo’s waist was standing behind him. So, he was there to save the unstable Kyungsoo. While trying to hold onto the plushie, Kyungsoo spoke.

 

“Ouff! Yah, Jonguppie. What do you think you’re doing?” Kyungsoo tried to look at Jongup over the big plushie.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, can you please ‘take care’ of this plushie for a while? We’re going to shop something. We’ll make it fast!” Jongup sweetly asked Kyungsoo’s favor.

 

“W-What?!”

 

“For me, pretty please.” Jongup once again pleaded. This time he gave his best puppy eyes to Kyungsoo who obviously could not resist it. Kyungsoo sighed in defeat.

 

“I’m okay with one condition.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Tell me EVERYTHING about all this.” Kyungsoo replied, not without emphasizing the word everything. He’s not updating me like he always did. Hmphhh!

 

“We’ll see about that! Anyeong, Kyungie. I’ll make a call to you once we’re done.” Jongup slowly stepped away while dragging a confuse Daehyun with him. Kyungsoo could only watch the duo left him with the plushie.

 

“This is the first time I can’t read what he’s thinking.” Kyungsoo said in a low voice, enough for Jongin and himself to hear. Jongin widened his eyes in awe and what he said next made Kyungsoo to lean his back against his boyfriend’s chest while burying his head into the plushie.

 

“Boo, are you a mind reader?”

 

 

 

Jongup and Daehyun made their way to the supermarket which was located on the lower ground floor of Duzon Mall. Jongup wanted to do something for Daehyun as the latter had given him the plushie. He could not be happier when his request to have dinner together with Daehyun at his bodyguard’s house was approved. He assumed that since Daehyun was living alone, he would obviously cook for himself and so, he requested the birthday boy to cook for tonight’s dinner… after he asked the older, of course. Not that he wanted to bully the birthday boy because of him winning the basketball game. He just could not help but want to have their dinner alone. He wanted to do something fun with Daehyun that night before his hyung came to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter