The Angel, The Nerd and The Gamer

The Identity I Never Knew

 

Get up.
 
Take a bath.
 
Eat breakfast.
 
Go to school.
 
Go home. 
 
           This has been my routine every single day for the past 5 years. It started when I was in middle school. Not that I have anything against it. It's just that, it's so BORING! Nothing new ever happened to me that's why I really want something exciting in my life.
 
           I don't have any friends since I am studying at the prestigious ELF High. An exclusive school for the rich. And no. I am not rich. I'm a scholar that's why I'm studying in that school. I want something to bring color to my dull life. Or perhaps someone.
 
           I forgot to introduce myself, my bad. My name is Lee Donghae, female, 17 years old, living with my mom, part-time worker in Sapphire Cafe and last but not the least, friendless.
 
           The school I am currently attending to has a slight discrimination. If you are not rich, you have to be really intelligent. When I say intelligent I mean like a genius. If you're neither of the two, goodluck surviving this school. With the tuition fees and the bullying. Yes, bullying is an important aspect here in this school. 
 
           This school is run by the famous group called Stars. They have the looks, the money and the brains. This said group only ever let someone in their group if that someone can cover the three categories. 
 
           If the information I have is right, there are only 4 known members of Stars. The leader being Kim Heechul. I admit, this girl is really beautiful. But do not mess with her. She's got a sharp tounge that nobody can control. Then there's Cho Kyuhyun. The handsome gamer who looks like a snob (he is actually). Although he plays all day with his PSP or all night with his laptop (i heard rumors), he is actually a genius. He is a year younger than I am, he is also the youngest among the Stars members. Then there's the turtle lover, Kim Jongwoon. Or better known as Yesung. I heard he has a very beautiful voice that will make anyone melt. I never heard him sing though. But I wish I could've. Anyway, the last member is Park Jugsoo, or better known as Leeteuk. She is as beautiful as Heechul but she is nicer. I talked to her once and she responded to me with a sweet smile. I feel like she is an angel in disguise. 
 
           Nobody dares to mess with stars. They clearly have the authority among other students and they can have you kicked out in an instant. That is one of the reasons why I rarely interact with them. I have been in the same school as them since forever. I don't think they notice me though. Oh well! 
 
           Ok, enough with the monolouge! Too much introductions will certainly make your brain melt or something. (Genius or whatever, I can be dumb sometimes you know)
     
           As always, I head to school early. Since my mom always leave the house before sun rises and goes home late at night, I at least want to meet her once in a while. Even though I have to wake up at 4 AM. But still, we would only talk for like five minutes then she'll leave. I don't blame her. She has to save up for my college (her reason/excuse for working herself up). I arrived in school at about 6 AM. I have an hour and a half to kill, so I went to my usual spot, at the back of the school. There's this little garden that I tend to for a year now. I guess I have a green thumb because the flowers are blooming nicely. There's also a pond nearby and an apple tree which becomes my shade during  lunch time. I went to the shed and grabbed a watering can and poured water on my babies. 
 
           "Grow well my young ones. Open up to the world and let them see your beauty. You are beautiful no matter what they say" i said to the white roses. I think I'm convincing myself more than reassuring them. Hmm. 
 
           "Well, they are most definitely beautiful to me" said a voice from behind that made me jump. I think I dropped my heart somewhere. Sigh! Me and my imagination. I slowly turned around and my eyes were literally bulging out when I saw the owner of the voice. It was the angel, Leeteuk. 
 
           "I've been visiting this place for a while now" she said as she walks towards me. She knelt down and kissed one of the white roses. "I always wondered who takes care of them. I'm really surprised to know it's you" she looked at me then smiled. I stared at her, dumbfounded. Her long wavy locks flows right behind her. She's wearing a white hair pin that really match her bracelets. Her earrings were wings, making me sure that she really is an angel in disguise. Her eyes were dazzling and beautiful. Those long eyelashes makes an illusion that she's wearing a mascarra. (I've always admired her from afar, that's why I know when she's wearing a thick make up or not) That smile that makes any gloomy day bright. And lastly, her deep dimples that compliments her bright smile.
           
            I didn't realize that I was staring too long when she waved her hand in front of my face. 
 
            "Are you ok?" she asked worriedly.
 
            "Y-yeah. I'm fine. S-sorry for s-staring" i said. Damn, I must be blushing now. 
 
            "It's alright Donghae-sshi, a lot of people tend to stare at me most of the time" she chuckled. 
 
            "You know me?" i asked her, surprised to hear my name. I guess I wasn't unknown after all.
 
            "Of course! Everyone in Stars know you silly. We've been schoolmates since I can remember" she laughed. Oh, so you do know me. I blushed again. 
 
            "I have to go now Donghae-sshi. I have to meet with Heechul or else she'll kill me" she winked at me then continued "It's nice talking to you again!" before walking away. I don't know if it is just my imagination or something but I think she's glowing. She really is an angel and I've proven it! (Not scientifically though) 
 
            I heared cursing from behind me and it snapped me out of my reverie. 
 
            "Uhm, excuse me, miss can you please help me? I'm kind of lost" a nerdy guy asked me. Seriously, this guy should remove those glasses of his. 
 
            "Are you new here?" I asked the obvious. 
 
            "Yeah! I asked other students on my way but their direction lead me here" he said shyly. I sighed. So he's the new pet huh?
            I put down the watering can and extended my hand "Let me see your schedule". But before he could give it to me, a teacher dragged him away. I looked at my watch and saw that it is already 7:15. Oh dear! I returned the watering can and ran towards my classroom. This school is big so anyone can get lost here. Sadly, my building at the moment is at the other side so I really need to run. I reached my classroom just as the bell rang so I am still saved. I head directly to my seat and looked out the window.
 
             "Ok class" our homeroom teacher said as he entered the room "You have a new classmate". The door opened and it revealed the nerdy guy I talked to a while ago. 
 
            "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Donghae, please be nice to me and I hope everyone will be my friend" he introduce then shyly smiled. I heard people scoffing, while others were looking at him darkly. I better stay away from this boy if I want to survive from this school.
 
             "Thank you Mr. Lee. You can sit at any of the empty seats" he nodded than looked around the room. He smiled then walked towards me. I glanced to my side and found it empty. So he'll be my seatmate. I'm doomed!
 
             "Is this sit taken?" he asked. I shook my head and he took his seat. The teacher kept on blabbling something that I barely understood.
 
             "Hi. My name is Lee Hyukjae. Can we be friends?" he asked while extending is hand. I can't say no now right? That would be rude. Screw the bullying!
 
            "Lee Donghae" I said as I shook his hand. He smiled showing his gums which made me smile too. Weird. Is smiling now contagious? I thought it's only the laugh and the yawn.
 
             Then the door opened. It was Cho Kyuhyun. Everyone glanced at him including the teacher. Some girls giggled and winked at him. Yuck! I stared at him as he made his way towards me. He smirked as he walked past me then took his seat behind Hyukjae.
 
             I remembered Leeteuk-unnie's words earlier, "Everyone in Stars know you silly."
 
             "Everyone in Stars know you silly."
 
             "Everyone in Stars know you silly."
 
             "Everyone in Stars know you silly."
 
             I shivered at that thought. I don't know if I should be happy by that fact or not.