Bullying

The Identity I Never Knew

 

                  When Leeteuk-unnie came, we all started walking towards our room. I don't have any idea what's going on so I just silently followed. When we reached our room, Yesung gave me a piece of paper then left. I reached for my seat but I saw that there were graffitis on it.
 
                   'How dare you steal Kyuhyun-oppa?'
 
                   'Die! !'
 
                  *and the rest, you don't want to know.
 
                   I felt my eyes welling again. I clenched my fists tighter when I felt something in my hands. I read it.
 
                   'Try to survive for two days. Kyuhyun's out of town at the moment -Yesung'
 
                  Now I'm in deep trouble. I sat down on my chair and buried my face on my hands. I heard people whispering about me but I didn't care about that. How am I supposed to explain to Sungmin now? I sighed. 
 
                  The first half was uneventful since Leeteuk-unnie and Yesung-oppa (he's older than me, I should at least respect him right?) were always with me. Taking me to my classrooms. Lunchtime was different though. I was all alone, making me vulnerable to attacks. There were throwing of eggs, water balloons, garbage, water, flour and I even found myself locked in a cubicle. Actually I'm here right now. Since there is no way I'm getting out of here, I decided to eat my lunch. I'm still cold by the water they threw a few minutes ago but who cares? I just have to endure this for two days right? I sighed again.
 
                  I was packing up my lunch when I heard the door of the cubicle opening. I looked up and I saw Leeteuk-unnie along with the girls who trapped me in here. I guess she really has the authority. I went out immediately of the bathroom.
 
                  "Let's get you cleaned up" she said in a worried tone.
 
                  After a few minutes, we were in my classroom. Of course it was still uneventful. Except for a few glares and mumbling. But I decided to just ignore it. Then someone threw a paper at me. Seriously this person needs manners. I picked it up and read the content: '! What is the Stars to you? You're bodyguard? Just because you're Kyuhyun's girlfriend doesn't mean you can act like this' I sighed yet again and a lot of papers were thrown at me but I decided to just ignore it. This is definitely worse than when I first met Kyuhyun. 
 
                  I was looking forward to seeing Sungmin since I never got the chance to look for her earlier today. Class aready began but no sign of her yet. I guess she didn't come to school then. I sighed. I've been sighing a lot today. 
 
                  When school ended, I thought I was already safe. But, my thoughts were wrong. I was pulled at the back of the gym. There were about five girls in front of me. 
 
                 "Break up with him" one of them said. I sighed.
 
                 "I'll break up with him if he's my boyfriend. Sadly, he isn't" I told them earning myself a slap.
 
                 "Don't lie to us" another one said.
 
                 "I wouldn't lie about my relationship with him. I'd even be happy and shout it to the world if that ever happens" I said with pure sarcasm. This time, I got punched in my stomach. I should've kept my mouth shut. Darn. 
 
                 They kept telling me something which I don"t quite understand since I feel too weak from all the beating. After what seemed like an eternity, they left amused with their work. If ever things work out between Kyuhyun and Sungmin, I hope she'll be safe. 
 
                  I tried getting up but it was pointless. I took out my phone and dialled Hyukjae's number. I don't know anyone else except for Hyukjae, Sungmin and Kyuhyun. I can't call Sungmin, She won't talk to me. Kyuhyun is definitely out of the question. So my last option is Hyukjae.
 
                  "Hello? Donghae, what's up?" He asked me.
 
                  "Where are you right now?" I tried to keep my voice stable, not hinting into what kind of pain I'm feeling right now.
 
                  "The school gate. I'm about to go home. Why?"
 
                  "Can you pick me up? I'm at the back of the gym" 
 
                  "Sure. But what are you doing there anyway?"
 
                  "Just... come" I hang up. He might ask further questions.
 
                  He came 5 minutes later. He gasped when he saw me.
 
                  "Who did this to you?" he asked through gritted teeth. Is he mad? Why should he?
 
                  "I don't know. Some random group of girls" I told him.
 
                  "Can you walk?" he face palmed himself "Of course she can't that's why she called you" I laughed at him but winced when I felt a pang of pain in my stomach.
 
                  "Get on my back" I did as I was told. 
 
                  "Let's go to the shop first. I have to work"
 
                  "No. You need to rest" 
 
                  "But, I really have to go. I need the money" 
 
                  He sighed. "If you need money I can always lend you some. Please, just for today, listen to me and rest". By now, we were out of the school gates. I can already see the headlines tomorrow. 'Lee Donghae is a two-timer' I sighed.
 
                  We continued walking in silence until I finally realized we're already in front of my house. He set me down on the porch.
 
                  "Thanks for helping me" I told him as I was turning the knob.
 
                  "Are you gonna be alright? I can stay with you for the night to mend your bruises" he suggested.
 
                  "I would definitely love to have you as my company and to tend my wounds but I don't want another rumor spreading. I'm sorry Hyukjae, I really am"
 
                  "Nah, it's alright. Go to bed and sleep early ok?" I nodded and I entered my house. I limped my way to the couch and instantly fell asleep there. 
 
                  "Donghae. Donghae" I opened my eyes and saw my mother with a worried expression flashed across her face.
 
                  "Oh, hi mom! What time is it? Did I really fell asleep here?" I asked her, still half-asleep. I tried getting up but I winced when I realized that my body was very sore from all the beating. She helped me sit up and tended my wounds. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was midnight. 
 
                  "Mom, go to sleep. You must be tired. I'll take care of my wounds myself" I told her. Though deep inside I would like her to stay.
 
                  "It's alright. I'm fine. It's the least I can do since I haven't been much of a mother to you"
 
                  "Don't say that mom. I know you're very busy so I understand" She bit her lip. After that she worked in silence. I was happy. Though we're not communicating, it felt like heaven. I silently wished I was always bullied. 
 
                  It was a quarter past one when she finished tending my bruises. 
 
                 "Get some sleep. I'll be here when you need me ok?" she said. I wonder if that'll be true. She hasn't been home for the past week.
 
                  I walked to my bedroom with my mother following suit. I climbed onto my bed slowly since I'm still in pain. Surprisingly, my mom tucked me in, brushed my bangs off my face and kissed on my forehead. I forgot how that feels. She reached for the door and said "Goodnight Donghae" 
 
                  I was so happy that I texted both Hyukjae and Sungmin. I told them that my mom tucked me in again after such a long time. When I sent the message, I was surprised because I also included Sungmin. I forgot that she hates me.
 
                  After a few minutes, Hyukjae replied.
 
                 'That's good to know. By the way, why are you still awake? I told you to sleep early'
 
                 'Mom woke me up, she tended my wounds remember?'
 
                 'Oh right!'
 
                 'Why are you still awake?'
 
                 'Im still watching over something'
 
                 'Okay. I'll be sleeping then. Take care and good night!'
 
                 'Sweetdreams' I blushed.
 
                 I woke up 5 hours later. I heard my door opened and I saw my mom holding a tray of food. She placed it down in front of me. She cooked my favorite foods!
 
                "Mom! You didn't have to" I told her.
 
                "Take this as an apology" she smiled. I ate happily while my mom watched me. This is pure bliss!
 
                 I left home later than usual. I don't want to leave because I don't want her gone when I come back. I sighed again when I reached the school grounds. I immediately walked towards my classroom. I saw Sungmin in her chair chatting with Hyukjae. When our gaze met, she immediately looked away. I felt my heart dropped and broken into a million pieces.
 
                 I sat down on my chair and buried my face again on my hands. I heard the door opening harshly but didn't bother looking up.
 
                "LEE DONGHAE!"
 
 
I really need some comments here. I want to know what you think. Subscribe if you want but please do leave a comment? Please???
Thank you!!