Friends Again

The Identity I Never Knew

 

Kyuhyun walked in and pulled Sungmin by her arm. He then cupped her face and gave her a kiss. Hyukjae, Donghae and Manager Hara all had their mouths hanging wide open. When Kyuhyun pulled away, he smirked then hugged Sungmin.
 
"I didn't know you were stupid. Why would I date someone who I see as my sister?" He confessed.
 
"Wow! I wish I was as brave as him" Hyukjae thought then stole a glance at Donghae whose mouth was still hanging open.  He chuckled. "She looks like a fish" he mumbled.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
We all sat down in one table. The cafe is now closed. Manager Hara left us alone so we could talk. "So" Sungmin started, then looked at me "I just want to apologize" I smiled at her.
 
"There's no need to apologize. But I sure hope those words you told me were all because you were angry"
 
"I'm really sorry about that. I really didn't mean it" she confessed. I chuckled.
 
"Cho Kyuhyun" I called his attention seriously. "Where the hell have you been? You got me worried you know? Plus you gave me one heck of a headache" he chuckled "Seriously, you're the only person in this room who'll think this is funny" I sighed.
 
"Noona, please don't be too serious. It doesn't suit you!" he laughed. Everyone laughed as well. Tension has been lifted. Nice going Kyuhyun.
 
"So does this mean the bullying will stop now?" Hyukjae asked in deep concern. Everyone eyed him and there was silence. No one spoke for a few moments.
 
"You are so gonna join the Taekwondo club with me" Sungmin said. Everyone nodded in agreement. "You need to learn self defense. God I can't believe I left you alone because of this stupid jealousy" she face palmed herself. I laughed at her.
 
"It's not your fault that I'm hot" he said cockily. I hit his head. "Noona! That hurts!"
 
"You deserved that Kyu" Sungmin cooed.
 
"Kyu?!" Hyukjae and I asked.
 
"He's my boyfriend now. Might as well give him a petname" and they drew closer together and started kissing. Then out of the blue they started having a hot make out session. I blushed furiously and looked around. Hyukjae gave an awkward cough. "Get a room" he looked around the cafe awkwardly.
 
"You two should just date you know" I feel myself blushing harder. This guy can really make any situation awkward. Damnit!!!
 
"What about the Queen?" i asked after a long moment of silence.
 
"Hmm~? What about her?" he asked as he took a sip in his coffee.
"She's mad at me. She thinks I'm two timing you. I don't know where those rumor came from"
 
"We do" they all said in unison.
 
"You do?!" I asked. They all nodded "Seriously?!" Then they all took out their phones and shoved it in my face. I took Hyukjae's since he's the closest to me. My jaw dropped. It was when Kyuhyun wiped my tears. Geez these people!
 
"Here's another one" Kyuhyun said and gave me his phone. I sighed when I saw the other picture. It was me and Hyukjae. I was being carried since I couldn't walk.
 
"Why were you being carried by this wimp?" Kyuhyun asked. 
 
"Hey! I'm not a wimp!" he countered.
 
"Bullies" I said nonchalantly as I took a sip from my own coffee. Kyuhyun and Sungmin's jaw dropped. "Anyway, it's getting kinda late. I need to close down the shop" I said as I picked up their cups one by one.
 
"We'll help you" We worked in unison. After a few minutes, the shop is closed. We all rode Kyuhyun's car because he said it's faster that way. When we reached my house, I saw that the lights were off. I sighed. I guess mom's not home again.
 
"Do you live alone?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
"No. I live with my mom. But she's rarely home" I told them. 
 
"I see" Kyuhyun said. He then stopped the engine and everyone hopped out. Wait, where are they going?
 
"Where are you going?" I asked.
 
"Sungmin will spend the night with you. Kyuhyun and I will check the area if there are possible entry way for robbers and what not" Hyukjae stated. This nerd keeps on surprising me. He really does look like a wimp but he acts tough. 
 
"Where's your room?" Sungmin asked excitedly.
 
"Uhm. Upstairs. Second door to the right" I instructed. She ran towards the stairs. I sighed as I head towards the kitchen. I saw a note on the refrigerator. 
 
'I wanted to wait for you but I really have to go. Take care of yourself honey and call me when you need me ok? I love you -Mom'
 
I smiled. This is the first time she left me a note. Usually, she just leave without saying anything.
 
"You're mom's nice. I saw food in the microwave" Hyukjae stated that made me jump. "Don't do that! I almost had a heart attack! Geez!!"
 
"Sorry" he then caressed my cheek. I feel my face heat up. "You seem sad, what's wrong?" he asked. I feel like I'm melting with the way he's staring at me. He held my right hand with his other hand and I feel warmer. Or maybe because I'm blushing. He squeezedd my hand gently, waiting for my response. 
 
I shook my head then smile the most genuine smile I can give. "I'm fine. I'm happy actually" I told him. He smiled and put down the hand that's caressing my cheek but kept holding my hand. 
 
"If you're sure then" he said then squeezed my hand again. I can already hear my heartbeat. Someone! Save me from this embarassment!!
 
As if on cue, "Donghae!" Sungmin shouted from the living room. Hyukjae immediately released my hand. I turned around to get myself a glass of water.
 
"The house looks safe enough to me" Kyuhyun said as he entered the backdoor. "Have you seen Hyukjae?" he asked.
 
I looked around but Hyukjae isn't in the kitchen anymore. "I think he's in the living room" I took another glass. I gave him one and he took it in one gulp.
 
"Where's Min?" he asked again. I raised my eyebrow. Who the hell is Min? "It's Sungmin. Where's she?" 
 
"Ah! In the living room too. I think she's searching for me" We both went to the living room and found Hyukjae. "Where's Sungmin?" 
 
"Upstairs" he replied. "I need to go now. It's getting late" 
 
"I'll take you home. I'll just say goodbye to Min" Kyuhyun said "SUNGMIN!!" he shouted. Sungmin came rushing downstairs. "I'm going home with Hyukjae-hyung. Will you be alright here?" Sungmin nodded. "Ok then. Goodnight" He pecked her on the lips and left with Hyukjae.
 
"Let's go to sleep now! School starts at 7:30!" I pulled her upstairs because she's still dazed from Kyuhyun's kiss. Seriously. 
 
~THE NEXT DAY~
 
There were still glares and murmurs but no one dared go near me and that is thanks to Sungmin. Sungmin is the captain of the taekwondo club and a member of the archery club. A lot of people respect her because of her achievements. I feel safe with her around. We head straight to our class and waited for Kyuhyun and Hyukjae. Sungmin talked non-stop like nothing happened and I just smile at her. Our attention was caught when a loud scratchy sound filled the room. It was the morning announcement. 
 
'Good morning everyone. This is not the student council president or the school's director. This is Cho Kyuhyun. A member of Stars' Everyone gasped. Sungmin and I looked at each other curiously.
 
'I believe that in the two days that I was gone a rumor has spread. In that said rumor, it was stated that I'm dating Lee Donghae. Everyone wants the truth right? Then check your phones right now'
 
Sungmin and I took out our phones. There was a message. When i opened it, my jaw dropped. It was a picture of Kyuhyun and Sungmin kissing in the cafe. I looked at Sungmin. She was beet red. Cho Kyuhyun, you really know how to make a statement. 
 
'I only consider Lee Donghae as my older sister. If you hurt her again, you'll have a piece of me. I can't say the same with Sungmin though. Minnie-ah!! I love you!!! Thank you for listening' 
 
That was the end of the broadcast. Everyone was staring at me and and the blushing Sungmin. I chuckled because she looked like a bunny. 
 
Hyukjae and Kyuhyun entered the room at the same time. Kyuhyun was playing, as usual, his PSP while Hyukjae seemed dazed. They sat down their respective seats. Kyuhyun pecked Sungmin's lips making her blush even more. I rolled my eyes at them and stared out the sky.
 
~LUNCHTIME~
 
I'm eating my lunch at my usual spot again. My flowers were now destroyed because of the bullies. I sighed. I have to plant another one again tomorrow. 
 
"Donghae" I looked up and saw Hyukjae. I felt my heart beat faster than usual. Oh dear! "Mind if I eat lunch with you?"
 
"No, not at all" I patted the grass beside me "Aren't you supposed to be in class right noW?" I took a bite from my bread. He, on the other hand, took a sip on his strawberry milk.
 
"It's boring. Plus, they're too noisy. I'd prefer to be here" I adjusted my glasses to hide my blush. Yes, I have glasses and I also look like a nerd. I guess we fit each other then? I smiled at the thought. "You always eat lunch alone?" 
 
"Yeah. I don't like crowded places"
 
"I see" 
 
No one said another word. There was silence. Not the awkward one but the peaceful one. I'm loving this kind of silence. I just hope it doesn't end soon.
 
"Aren't these your flowers?" he asked. I nodded. "Why is it destroyed? Bullies?" I nodded again. He sighed. "can't they appreciate nature's beauty for once?" That was a rhetorical question I hope. "Anyway, would you like to go somewhere with me later?" he asked after a brief silence. Omo! Is he asking me out on a date? But I have to visit my dad's grave. 
 
"Sorry, I have to visit my father later" 
 
"Oh" he sounds disappointed "Mind if I tag along with you then?" 
 
"Yeah sure. I'm sure he wouldn't mind" he smiled. We stared at each other's eyes then he looked away, still smiling. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hyukjae and Donghae walked towards the cemetery. Donghae was holding a bouquet of flowers while Hyukjae was humming to himself. The silence was peaceful for the both of them. 
 
"Hey" Hyukjae said, trying to start a conversation. Donghae looked up at him "Why are we heading to the cemetery?" he asked.
 
"My father is buried there" she answered nonchalantly.
 
"Sorry" he said. She patts his shoulder as if telling him 'It's alright'
 
'So it was her father that she visits every week' Hyukjae thought to himself. He usually follows Donghae wherever she goes but he never enters the cemetery because he thinks that the dead wants some privacy too.
 
They kept walking in silence. When they reached the topmost grave, Donghae placed the flowers she bought in front of her father's grave.
 
"Hi Dad. I'm here again. I brought my friend here. This is Lee Hyukjae. The guy I told you about. Hyukjae, this is my father"
 
"Good afternoon sr. My name is Lee Hyukjae. If I may say so myself, you've taken care of a wonderful daughter. She's very nice although I can see she's lonely. I guess that's because she misses you? But nonetheless, I know that no matter where you are, you're watching still watching over her. For that, I'm thankful"
 
Donghae couldn't help her tears from falling. She couldn't stop herself. She then felt a warm feeling wrapping around her. She looked up and found Hyukjae hugging her.
 
"Shh. Your father wouldn't be happy if he sees you crying he'll be sad" He cooed her. She nodded. Hyukjae wiped away her tears as a cool breeze blew.
 
'Thanks Hyukjae'
 
Might as well add another chapter. hahahaha.. I started Kyumin!!!!!!! Hyukhae still doesn't improve as much but I'm taking it at a slower pace. hope you don't mind though! love you all.. even though you don't subscribe or even comment. hahaha!
 
I'm too happy today, I wonder why?