Pet Names

The Identity I Never Knew

 

It has been a month now and people considers Eunhyuk as the most popular guy in school. They call him the "Dancing Machine" because, boy that guy can really dance. We never talked after his introduction but I couldn't care less. I still try to contact Hyukjae from time to time but still I never got a reply. I am now starting to wonder what really happened to him. Well, that's just a part of the big problem I am currently having right now. Sungmin and Kyuhyun's break up turned up for the worst since that Seohyun girl kept clinging onto Kyuhyun in which the latter kept up an i-don't-care face. Sungmin, on the other hand, kept crying herself to sleep. Then there's Gyuri. This girl really gets to my nerves. I don't really know why she hates me but heck, she should just stop. I also see her as one of Eunhyuk's fangirls. 
 
"Hey Kyuhyun. How's life?" I asked. I'm still intrigued about this whole break up thing. 
 
"Boring" he answered, not even sparing me a glance. I sighed heavily. I forcefully grabbed the PSP from his hands and threw it harshly across the room. Everyone in the room looked at me. Kyuhyun glared at me. "WHY'D YOU DO THAT FOR?!" he stood up abruptly, anger visible in his eyes. I pulled him out of the classroom and head towars an abandoned room. I slapped him hard. 
 
"Cho Kyuhyun, what the hell is wrong with you?!" 
 
"Why are you asking me that question? You're the one who slapped me without a definite reason!" he yelled, obviously agitated.
 
"Oh come on Kyuhyun! We both know what I'm talking about!" he took a step forward with eyes that could kill. I took a step backward as he steps forward towards me till I feel  my back against the wall. I silently cursed, not breaking my gaze away from him. He placed his hands on both side of my head, trapping me. 
 
"You have no idea what I'm going through right now noona. Those game consoles are just distractions because my brain isn't functioning well right now" he hissed making me flinch. I saw tears roll down his cheeks. I wiped them off and pulled him into a hug. 
 
"Then why didn't you tell me about it?" I asked him in a calm tone. 
 
"You wouldn't understand" I figured he's trying to suppress his tears.
 
I pulled away and looked at him straight in the eyes "Aren't I supposed to be your big sister?" He nodded. "Then tell me what's bothering you. That's what a big sister is supposed to do right?" He hugged me and nuzzled his face on my neck. "Everything's gonna be ok Kyuhyun. I'm here"
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Little did they know that they were being watched. They were being recorded as a matter of fact. They broke their hug and stared at each other for a long time. 
 
The eavesdropper left them with an evil smile plastered on her face. "You are so dead Lee Donghae" with that she clicked send.
 
"So what is it?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun shrugged. "How about proposing to her?" 
 
"Before you even brought that up, I was already planning on how I'm gonna do it. I want it to be romantic at the same time simple. She likes simple things. That's one thing I love about her" 
 
"How about inviting her to your parent's party tomorrow?" Donghae asked.
 
"Party? Oh right. My parents will throw a party tomorrow. How did you know that?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
"Heechul and her family were invited. They asked me to tag along too" Donghae replied. 
 
"So you're coming?" He inquired. Donghae nodded. "Help me out then" 
 
"That's what I was planning on doing anyway" she said with a smile. "Let's head back to class. We're already late you know" Donghae held out a hand in which Kyuhyun hesitantly aaccepted. He kissed Donghae on her cheek and muttered a 'Thanks' before leaving the room.
 
Upon entering the room, the two apologized almost immediately for being late. The teacher doesn't mind though for they are her best students. "Just go back to your seats" Oblivious of the malicious stares of their classmates, they both headed to their seats. 
 
~LUNCH TIME~
 
"DOnghae!" Sungmin slammed her hands on the table "What's with the rumor that you and Kyuhyun had in an abandoned classroom?" Donghae spilled the milk that she was currently drinking on Sungmin's face. She frowned while wiping her face clean.
 
"What are you talking about?" she muttered a thanks to Yesung who handed her a tissue. 
 
"There's a video!" Sungmin yelled. Donghae tilted her head in confusion. 'What video?' she asked herself.
 
As if reading her mind, Yesung spoke "The one where you two were hugging each other and what-not. Honestly, I don't really care about this relationship issues but I do know that by the time I got to their room, I saw a PSP lying on the floor shattered into a million pieces. In which I assume to be Kyuhyun's" he pats the turtle's head then smiled.
 
"Kyuhyun's PSP is shattered to a million pieces? Who's dumb enough to do that?" Sungmin asked as she sat down, crossing her arms. Yesung glanced at Donghae who was blushing furiously at the comment. Sungmin noticed this. "W-wait. You broke it?" Donghae nodded. "Why?"
 
Donghae was already on the verge of tears. She didn't look up because she doesn't want to make eye contact with Sungmin. "I was angry at him" she said almost in a whisper.
 
"Why?" Sungmin asked but before she could get an answer Kyuhyun arrived and sat down beside Sungmin. "What are you doing here?" 
 
"This is a public area for your information and you do not own this place" Kyuhyun deadpanned. Yesung chuckled while Donghae shook her head. Sungmin glared at him. "Oh and by the way, have you guys seen this?" he showed them the video of him and Donghae hugging. 
 
"Oh! Was that the video you were tallking about earlier?" Donghae asked innocently. Yesung nodded.
 
"I find this really funny. But seriously, having in an abandoned classroom? I'm not that ually-deprived. If it said that we were making out I would've believed it. Unfortunately, none of those mentioned are true" He looked at Sungmin but she looked away, blushing. "Anyway" he continued "Yesung-hyung, what the hell are you doing here?" Kyuhyun ratted.
 
"I spotted a lonely fish eating alone here. I might as well be her company right?" Yesung answered. 
 
"Yo, Dog!" Heechul greeted as she steps in the scene "I asked the chef to cook me a dish that requires turtles. Can I borrow Ddangkoma for a moment?" she teased. Yesung hugged Ddangkoma possessively while glaring at the laughing Heechul. Everyone was staring at the group. 
 
"That was not funny cat!" Yesung pouted. Donghae patted his shoulder, biting back a smile. 
 
Just then, Eunhyuk walked in the cafeteria making girls squeal. It's rare to see him in a crowded area. He was walking with his hands on his pockets. 
 
"Eunhyuk-hyung!!" Kyuhyun shouted. Eunhyuk turned to their table and raised an eyebrow. "Come sit with us" Eunhyuk stared at him for a moment then walked towards the table followed by his fangirls, Gyuri's there of course.
 
"The offer is exclusively for Eunhyuk only. So get lost!" Heechul screeched. The girls mumbled in disappointment but nobody dares defy the Queen so they did as they were told.
 
Eunhyuk sat down beside Donghae makiing the latter blush. Everyone noticed but let it slip as they don't want to embarass her. "So, why'd you call me?" he started.
 
"There'll be a party at my place tomorrow. I'm inviting eveyone on this table. Teuki-umma and Kangin-appa are also invited by the way. I already informed them. It's a formal get together so I'm expecting you to be there" Kyuhyun said, playing with an imaginary PSP. 
 
"I'll pass. I hate going to get together's especially formal ones" Eunhyuk said with a hand in the air. 
 
"Oh come on hyung! I even went out of my way to invite you. Come with us please?" 
 
"Fish, what happened to that suitor of yours by the way?" Heechul asked out of the blue. The latter tilted her head in confusion. "That hunk model. What's his name again? Si-.."
 
"Siwon?" Donghae completed.
 
"That's the guy! I haven't seen him since the nerd disappeared" Kyuhyun chuckled, knowing why Heechul started this conversation. 
 
"Oh, he's been busy with the modelling stuff. He still gives me flowers and chocolates everyday though" Donghae replied after she took a sip from her chocolate milk. 
 
"Are you two dating now or something? I bet he's also invited in that party right?" Yesung joined in the conversation, glancing at the chuckling Kyuhyun with a knowing look.
 
"We're not dating and you know that. But it'd be cool to see him on your party." Donghae answered, oblivious of the glances the three are throwing at each other.
 
"So hyung, are you coming?" Kyuhyun asked Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk nodded in agreement
 
"Since I'm gonna get bored and I was not planning on doing anything anyway, might as well tag along" Sungmin, on the other hand, is contemplating whether to go or not. 
 
"Hey Kyu" Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at Donghae "Did you, by any chance, uuhm.." she was blushing madly now and everyone was staring at her, urging her to continue "invite Hyukjae too?" Eunhyuk's eyes widened upon hearing his real name. 
 
"Yeah, I invited him" Kyuhyun said cooly. Eunhyuk shoot him a confused look "but sadly, he refused. He said he's busy with something right now" 
 
"Oh" Donghae was obviously disappointed. 
 
"Do you like that nerd, Fishy?" Heechul inquired.
 
"Oh, no. It's just that I haven't got a clue as to where he is right now. He just simply..." Donghae paused, trying to find the right word.
 
"Disappeared" Sungmin continued "I was a bit surprised too when I found out that he left the school without even telling us. Especially Donghae, since they're practically like a couple" Eunhyuk and Donghae blushed. The former looked away trying to hide his now red face. "I wish he'd at least call us and tell us that everything's fine" she took a sip from Donghae's chocolate drink, oblivious of the reaction of the two.
 
"Sungmin, are you coming to the party?" Donghae asked trying to change the topic. Kyuhyun waited expectantly for her answer. 
 
"Nope" she replied. Kyuhyun was down because of her reply. Donghae panicked eyeing Heechul for help. 
 
"Fishy, do you have something to wear for tomorrow?" Heechul asked. Donghae shook her head. "My clothes won't fit you because I'm way skinnier than you"
 
Donghae widened her eyes "Rella! Help me!!!" she begged.
 
"No can do baby" Heechul said as she checked herself out on her mirror "I have things to do tonight. Maybe Leeteuk can accompany you, but I doubt that because she'll be busy with that raccoon" 
 
"But but..." her eyes landed on Sungmin and she grabbed the latter's hand "Help me Sungmin! Please? You're my friend right?" Everyone burst out laughing at the sight.
 
"Ok ok, I'll help you. If you didn't look like a fish out of water I would've thought otherwise" Sungmin said chuckling. 
 
Donghae clapped her hands, ignoring the fish comment. "Yay! I'll be on the garden. I think I have to tend my flowers. Who'll come with me?" 
 
"Me!" Yesung stood up "Ddangkoma needs to play in the pond" 
 
"You might as well drown that stupid turtle. Or rather, give her to me and I'll ask the cooks to serve me turtles for lunch. Now that would be beneficial for the both of us" Heechul said casually.
 
"That's just vulgar" Yesung said as he hugged his turtle "I thought cats loves to eat fishes" Yesung countered.
 
"Stop it dog or I'll consume that turtle" Heechul backfired. Everyone shook their heads at the comment "Besides, my fishy wouldn't taste so good. I think she-"
 
Kyuhyun clamped a hand on "Ok, noona, hyung, I think it's best you go now. Run along" Yesung pulled the ever confused fish out of the cafeteria.
 
"You are ruining her innocence you know that" Sungmin said arbitrarily. Eunhyuk nodded in agreement.
 
"You don't have a say on this Monkey" Heechul snapped before walking off, like a Queen as usual.
 
"Monkey? Since when did I become a monkey? Wait, why am I a monkey on the first place?" Eunhyuk asked in confusion.
 
"Don't mindd her Eunhyuk. She just likes to name animals on other people" Sungmin said.
 
"And you're?"
 
"A bunny. And this guy right here is a lazy-assed wolf" she answered as she stood up and left the cafeteria. Eunhyuk laughed loudly at Kyuhyun's pet name. 
 
"Tch. At least I'm not a monkey" Kyuhyun scoffed as he punched lightly the laughing Monkey. 
 
"Hey! Do not degrade monkeys. They are a great work of art!" Eunhyuk countered as they both head out the cafeteria.
 
"Whatever hyung" he replied off-handedly. The other students were left there with their mouths hanging open.
 
A/N: And I'm back!! haha.. I find this chapter really funny. Hope you guys think so too. Writing earlier really has its perks. I can update sooner and faster. Anyway, enjoy reading!! ^^