[11]

Something Borrowed

 

                Minho thought of talking to Soojung that night after they arrived home. He again traveled through the tree that was between their windows. As he neared her window, he saw Soojung doing something in her room then suddenly Krystal entered her room. He hid himself. He wasn’t planning on eavesdropping but then he heard Krystal ask Soojung about how her day went. He doesn’t know why but he was curious about Soojung’s answer. He was hoping that she had fun since his day got better because of her.

                Hearing that she had a ‘happy day’, he was relieved that he made her happy too. But then he heard Krystal say things he wasn’t supposed to hear. You’re the one who has been there for him. You were the one who stayed beside him... He must know that it was you all along. He can’t believe what he just heard. He was confused. He went back to his room after the twins went downstairs. He laid down on his bed still thinking of the sisters’ conversation. He kept on thinking about the times that he was blind and when he got his sight again until he just fell asleep.

 

________________________

 

                Was it just a dream? Was it just my imagination? If yes, why would I imagine about things like that? Minho still was thinking about what he heard. The more he thinks about it, the more it gets complicated for him.

                “Yah! Choi Minho!” He was alarmed by Krystal’s voice. He doesn’t know how to act around her. Should I ask her? He contemplated.

                “What?” He nonchalantly said.

                “I said, there’s something you have to know.” Minho just nodded his head at her. She took it as a signal to go on. “First, I’m just going to tell you this because this is what I think is the right thing to do.” Again, he just gave her a nod. “I don’t know how to sugar coat words so I’ll just tell it to you straight...” She waited for him to look her in the eyes. “...I’m not the one who was with you all the time that you were blind. That was my sister, Soojung. She was the one who was there for you. She was the one who supported you.” As soon as she stopped talking, Minho didn’t say anything. He just looked at Krystal with his expressionless face. After awhile, he got up from his seat.

                “I’m going out for awhile.” He said before turning his back on her.

                “Minho, wait! Let me explain.” Krystal stopped him by grabbing his arm. Minho calmly looked at her.

                “You don’t have to.” Then he advert his gaze away from Krystal and tried to walk away.

                “Minho, please don’t get angry at my sister. Don’t hate her. I know you have the right to since she lied to you but I hope that you can forgive her. It was not in her intentions to make you look like a fool. It’s just that she wants to support you and make you happy. She loves you.” That made Minho look back to Krystal. “Very much.” She added then she released her hold on him. He then went out.

                “What happened?” Sulli asked Krystal when she saw Minho walked out.

                “I told him the truth.”

                “And..?”

                “He didn’t say anything. His face was just blank then he said he’ll just go out for awhile. What are we going to do now?”

                “This was your plan. Why are you asking me?”

                “Jinri~”

                “Yah! Don’t call me that along with aegyo. It gives me chills.” Sulli shuddered.

                “Choi Jinri~”

                “YAH!” Sulli glared at Krystal. “Stop that. Let’s just give him time to think first.”

 

________________________

 

                The moment Krystal said that she had something to tell him, Minho felt that he already knew what he was about to hear. And he was right. The truth was revealed to him. His mind was more confused that he badly needed to be alone. That’s why he wanted to go out and think. His feet brought him to a park near their house. He sat on a bench and kept silent.

                It was her. He thought. It surprised him that he didn’t feel any anger towards Soojung. Yes, it was wrong to fool him but he didn’t feel mad about it. Still he was confused.

         She loves you very much. It replayed again and again into his mind. Somehow that statement overpowers that anger that he should be feeling against Soojung. There’s something in his heart that he cannot understand.

 

_________________________

 

                Days passed, Minho kept quiet. He was walking on the streets when he bumped into a man. He apologized and was about to continue walking when the man called his attention. “You. You can see now?” The unknown man said.

                “Uhmm...yes. I’m sorry but I don’t think I know you.” He tried to politely say to the man. “Did we meet somewhere?”

                “Ah, you probably don’t remember me since you didn’t see my face. I’m one of the coordinators in the blind soccer team organization. You do remember that you played soccer once when you were blind, right?”

                “Yes, I do. I’m sorry if I don’t remember you.”

                “It’s okay. Anyway, where’s that girlfriend of yours?”

                “...” Minho knew he was pertaining to Soojung.

                “I hope she’s still your girlfriend ‘cause I can tell she loves you a lot. She was willing to do anything so that you can play with the members of the organization. And when you were playing, you should have seen how proud she was of you.” Minho gave the man a small smile. “Oh, well, I’ll go now. If ever you want to play with us again, you can just go back to where you played before. And bring your girlfriend with you, I think with her being there, you get better at playing.” The man bowed at him and walked on the opposite direction as his. Minho contemplated, he recalled that in all his games, Soojung was there to watch and support him. He had always thought that it was just because she was accompanying Sulli but he remembered that there were times where she was just alone.

                He stopped walking when he reached Onew’s chicken chain. He decided to go in and pay him a visit. “Minho! You’re here.” Onew greeted as he entered the chicken chain. “Soojung’s not here. She’s on a day off.”

                “I haven’t said anything yet.”

                “The only time you go here is when you want to see her and talk to her. I don’t even know why you always go here when she’s working to think that you’re literally her next door neighbor.”

                “Uhuh. I don’t even think he really likes the food here. He just eats here because of Soojung.” Luna butted in.

                “What are you two saying? Of course, I like the food here.” Minho defended.

                “Don’t deny it. Since the day she started to work here, you became a frequent customer. When you lost your sight, I thought you wouldn’t be able to go here but no, you’ve prove me wrong. You did make your way here. Again, just so you can talk to her.”

 

________________________

 

                “Hey, you want some.” Sulli offered. She was eating bungeoppang when Minho arrived. Minho grabbed one and started to take off the head and the tail parts. He only ate the body part of the carp bread. Sulli observed what he was doing and got curious about it. “What are you doing? Why are you only eating the body part? Who’s going to eat those you’ve left?”

                “Soojung.” He automatically answered. “She likes those parts.” He casually added as he continued eating. Sulli didn’t say anything else and just smiled knowingly.

                After eating, Minho went up to his room. As he entered his room, his eyes went to Soojung’s room. The lights were open. He thought of bringing her, her part of the bungeoppang. Also, he thought of talking to her. He travelled through the tree and noticed that she was sleeping on her desk. He smiled seeing her peacefully sleeping. He placed the bungeoppang beside her. And when he was about to go back, he heard her call his name. He looked back just to see a still sleeping Soojung. She’s having a dream.

                “Minho, I’m sorry.” She said in her sleep.

                He smiled and reached for the stray hair on her face. He swept that hair away, revealing the beautiful face of Soojung. He carefully touched her face. “You don’t have to. I’ve already forgiven you. I think I’ve forgiven you way before I knew about everything. Maybe, I’ve always had this inkling that it was you all along.” His smile got wider. He was happy to see her in that state. “Sleep well. Good night. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

 

________________________

 

                The next day, Minho found himself being dragged by Krystal to ride a taxi. “To the airport, please.” Krystal told the driver.

                “Wait. Why are we going there?”

                “Because you love Soojung and you don’t want her to go.”

                “What?”

              “I’ve given you days to think already and yet you haven’t realized that you love Soojung back? Look, if you don’t know yet, you do love Soojung, okay? If you haven’t noticed, it’s always Soojung that you go to whenever you need help. It’s always Soojung that you go to when you’re happy or sad. She’s the first person you’ve told about that operation for your eyes. You’re always looking for her. It’s like your day wouldn’t be complete without you talking to her. Yes, I know that you do go to her room. You’re most comfortable with her than any other girl out there. You care for her. Do I need to still elaborate?” Krystal impatiently asked.

                “I’ve realized that already. What I want to know is where is she going?”

                “She’s going to live with our mom in the U.S. She called our mom secretly and she only told me today.”

                “What?! Why?”

                “I don’t know. Don’t ask. Just focus on stopping her from going there.”

                “Please, drive faster.” He asked the taxi driver.

                The moment the taxi stopped in front of the entrance of the airport, Minho bolted out. He went inside and tried his best to look for Soojung inside the huge airport. He was losing hope when he spotted a familiar form sitting on one of the seats in a corner where there are just a number of people. It was a quiet part of the airport since not a lot people are there because that place was far from everything else. He approached her slowly. She was reading a book and was oblivious to everything around her.

                “1001 nights?” He uttered.

                She just nodded her head, not caring who was talking to her. She doesn’t want to be rude but she just doesn’t talk to strangers and she’s more interested in reading her book than having a chat with somebody.

                “You know, a certain girl used to read that to me every day. I never liked any book before but because of her that book became my favorite. It’s a pity I haven’t finished it yet. She wasn’t able to finish reading it to me.”

                The voice sounded familiar to her. The story reminded her of what she used to do with Minho. She looked up to the owner of the voice and was taken aback by who she saw. She hurriedly stood up and went away from him. She already knew that Krystal told Minho everything. How can she face him? She walked as fast as she can. With his long strides, he was able to catch up. He encircled his arms on her waist from behind. She stiffened at his action.

                “Stay.” He uttered pleadingly. “Please, stay. You said that you’ll always be here by my side.”

                “Minho, you must be mistaken. I’m not Krystal. I’m Soojung.” She was trying to break free from his hold but the more she tries the more his hold tightens. He was shaking his head.

                “Yes, you are Soojung but no. No, I’m not mistaken.” He turned her around and cupped her face. Her tears started to fall. He wiped it with his thumb. “It was you. It has always been you.”

                “I’m sorry. I should have not done that. I would understand if you’re mad at me. What I did was wrong...”

                “Thank you.” That stopped her continuous blabber. She looked at him and saw nothing but sincerity in his eyes. “Thank you for everything. Thank you being with me. Thank you for loving me. Please, stay and give me a chance to show you that I love you too.” A new set of tears flowed from her eyes. It’s now the tears of happiness. She slowly smiled and nodded her head. He smiled back at her and hugged her tight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry for any mistakes...

sorry if it took me some time to update...sorry if this ending was not good enough.

 

ayasiaga ~i really like that version of Jessica that's why i tried to include it in here...XD

 

 

 

for all readers...those who wrote comments...those who subscribed...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

감사합니다!!!

 

 

 

THANK YOU, again. BYE.