[8]

Something Borrowed

 

                “And that’s the end of this chapter.” Soojung said after reading two chapters of 1001 nights to Minho. She started reading him two to three chapters every day since the day he asked what she was reading.

                “Krystal, you’re going with me to the hospital tomorrow, right?” Minho asked. His eye operation will already be done tomorrow.

                “Of course.” He smiled at her answer.

                “Do you think it will be successful? What if after the operation, I still can’t see?”

                “It will be successful. After the operation, you’ll be able to see again. If ever you still can’t see, don’t worry, I’ll be here to help you. Let’s think positive, okay? I know you’ll be able to see again.”

                “Thank you. And Krystal...”

                “Hmm...”

                “When I get my eyesight back, can I ask you to be my girlfriend, officially?”

                Soojung was shocked by his question. She didn’t know what to say or how to react. She’s not the real Krystal.

 

________________________

                “What happened to your hair?” Krystal asked Soojung. Soojung went home with her original hair back. The long straight hair she had once was back. “I thought you said you like the wavy hair? Why did you change it back?”

                “I realized it only fits you and it doesn’t really fit me.”

                “Silly. We share almost the same face. People who see us for the first time can’t tell who’s who between us. How can it fit me and not fit you?”

                “Maybe, I just love my old hair more than the wavy one.” Krystal just nodded. “Krystal, can I talk to you, privately?”

                “Sure.” The twins went to Krystal’s room so that their conversation won’t be overheard by their father. “What do you want to talk about?”

                “Minho.”

                “Minho? What about him?”

                “Please be with him again. Just like before, go on dates with him. He had his surgery already. His eyesight would be back.”

                “What? I already told you I don’t like him that way. Those dates before were just friendly outings for me and I made it clear to him. Why are you asking me this?”

                “Krystal, please. It’s you who he needs. It has to be you. I’ve done everything already. All that’s left to do is for him to see you.”

                “What?...wait...don’t tell me all this time you’ve been...” Krystal was shocked when she realized what Soojung was saying. “That’s the reason why you’ve changed your hair. No, I can’t.”

                “Please, Krystal, I can’t be with him anymore. I’ve been lying to him. I don’t deserve to be with him.”

                “And you think that this thing you’re asking me to do is not lying? No. I won’t do this. You were the one who has been with him. How can I take credit for the things that you’ve done?”

                Soojung dropped on her knees in front of Krystal. “Unnie, please. Please. I beg you please. It just has to be you.” Save me from this.

                Krystal can’t take the look on Soojung’s face. She can’t believe that Soojung would kneel and beg. She held onto Soojung’s shoulders and helped her stand up. She hugged her tight. “Fine, I’ll do it but remember I’m doing this just because of you.”

 

________________________

                It's the day of taking the bandages off of Minho’s head. His father and Sulli were there. Also, Soojung along with Krystal were present. After taking off the bandage, Minho adjusted his eyes to the light. His vision was blurry at first but it started to get clear as minutes passed. Everyone in the room was so happy knowing that the surgery was a success and his eyesight was back. Tears flowed as it dawned into him that he really can see again. He was so happy to be able to see everyone who was inside the room especially Krystal. “Long time no see, guys.” He joked.

                “What’s this?” Sulli asked Soojung when they were already out of everyone’s earshot. She dragged Soojung out of the room.

                “What do you mean?”

                “So this is what you planned? This is how you’re going to end everything. You’re just making it more complicated. You even dragged your sister into this.”

                “He doesn’t know anything. If this will continue to be like this, everything will be just fine. It’s like nothing had happened. Let’s just keep this as a secret, okay?”

                “Sooner or later, he will find out about this. This is wrong. You’re just making things worse, Soojung.”

                “He won’t if no one would tell him.”

                “And what about your sister? She doesn’t really like Minho if I remember correctly.”

                “The more time they spend together, the more she will know him. Minho’s a great guy. She’ll learn to love him. Then everything will end into a happy ending.”

                “Yeah, right. Happy ending.” Sulli uttered with sarcasm. “I’m tired of all this already. I don’t know what to do to you anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

sorry for any mistakes...

sorry if it's shorter than the usual...

thank you for reading..

 

 

i've realized that i haven't greeted the subscribers of this story yet ---sorry for that.

                                                                                                      HELLO to you all..