Good Morning

ChickenKing Has Logged On

According to Jinki morning hadn't come fast enough, though Minho believed that it had been too fast. Turning over to bury his face against the pillows as he did the best to ignore the pain in his hip from sleeping on the floor. He wanted to sleep longer, wanted to slip back into dreamland and forget his worry, knowing that Kibum was going to bounce down the stairs any moment and annoy them both to come up and eat breakfast. If there was anything he didn't want it was for his new friend to meet his annoying brother. 

There was also the problem of getting Jinki upstairs, he didn't want to force the male to go out and around the house. It would be a waste of time, plus it was cold out. "Come on," the older male grunted as he leaned over to shove Minho gently, "It's time to get up, now." 

He couldn't help but laugh at the whining tone he heard from the other, sighing after a long moment before slowly sitting up and stretching his arms up high above his head. Turning to look at Jinki who was propped up on his elbow, hair a mess, touseled and sticking up at odd angles, his eyes hooded, likely still heavy with sleep, pink lips pulled into a faint smile. His heart skipped a beat, causing him to clear his throat rather aggressively before looking away, Jinki was cute. Very cute. 

"Yeah, I'm up so be quiet," he mumbled, though there was no malice in his voice as he ran his fingers through his hair to smooth it down, knowing it had the habit of puffing up throughout the night. It was irritating but he had long since learned how to tame it in the morning, "How long have you been up?" He asked as he slowly stood up to turn off the TV that had been on all night, blinking a few times to rid his eyes of the lingering sleep. 

Jinki kept quiet for another moment before replying, playing with the edge of the blanket. "Just about twenty minutes," he mumbled as shifted until he was sitting up, smiling as Minho began to gather the blankets to make a little nest for himself, too tired to function properly. "You know you snore weird?" He added, causing the other's cheeks to flush a bright pink color as he shrugged, finally sitting down with the blankets surrounding him. 

"A lot of people snore, so what," Minho huffed as he pressed his face against one of them to hide his cheeks as Jinki smiled innocently. "Anyway, I just thought I'd warn you that my brother will probably be down here to annoy us soon, he likes to eat breakfast with me and he knows you're here so he'll be more annoying..." He trailed off before offering an apologetic smile to which Jinki waved his hand. Rather excited to meet Minho's brother, he had heard a lot about him after all and was wondering if he was really as annoying as the younger male said he was. "He's pretty big about eating at the table upstairs though so I don't know how..." Once again he trailed off as Jinki realized what was being hinted at. 

He glanced down at his legs once before pursing his lips, "I could just go around again?" He suggested, honestly hating how much of a bother he was, usually if he needed to go up or down stairs his father would carry him, which was humiliating enough as it was, he would not ever ask Minho to carry him. The simple thought had his heart pounding in his chest. 

"No! It's too cold out for that," Minho said sternly before groaning when he heard the door to the basement slam against the wall and Kibum's voice calling out his name. "Please, do your best to ignore him," He whispered before glancing at the stairs when Kibum finally reached the floor, the male already fully dressed and ready for the day that Jinki and Minho had barely started yet. How the man did it was a mystery that he was sure he would never solve. "Morning," he muttered as he looked to Jinki who had cocked a brow at the sight of Kibum. 

"Hey, aren't you in my homeroom?" Jinki asked, Kibum perking up at the statement and nodding as he walked over to the two males, nudging the blankets aside with his foot before crouching down to shake their guests hand as it was their first time actually meeting one another in a proper way, sure they had brushed past one another or worked together in small groups in classes over the years, but they had never spoken one on one. 

The sight made Minho smile for a moment, after all, Jinki was making a friend, but he didn't let them talk for long as he stood up and nodded to Jinkis wheelchair, "Kibum can you bring that upstairs for Jinki? I'm gonna carry him up," he declared, he had thought of it the night before but for some reason, he had to suggest it at that moment. He wanted all of Jinki's attention again, even if it was only stolen for a moment. 

He took note of his friend's pink cheeks and quiet refusal but didn't pay them mind as Kibum nodded and grabbed the chair, which was surprisingly light, and trotted upstairs with it, leaving the two alone again. "You really don't have to carry me, I can go around the house," Jinki said as he looked down, Minho shaking his head and moving the pillows aside so that he would have easier access to the stairs. 

"It's no problem, it means I get my pancakes faster," he said with a smile as he tilted his head, "So, on my back or would you rather be carried bridal style?" He teased, enjoying the darkening of Jinki's already pink cheeks, chuckling and dodging the pillow that was tossed at his head. 

"On your back!" Jinki huffed, reaching up to grab Minho's shoulders once the man turned around, hefting himself up and puffing his cheeks when Minho grabbed his thighs to heft the male up just a bit more to help him grab on. Feeling Jinki's arms wrap around him loosely around his neck caused him to smile, the chest pressed against his back felt right, and warm which was much appreciated as Minho walked upstairs carefully, being sure not to bump Jinki into anything. 

Thankfully it didn't take long for them to reach the first floor of the house, Kibum having set the chair by the door, allowing Minho to set Jinki into it, something that seemed to make the man happy as he sighed. Being that close to Minho had been trying, they were friends, he didn't want any crushes developing, or well, getting any worse than it already was. "Thank you," He mumbled, appreciating the smile and no problem he received before being guided to the dining room. 

Even Minho had to admit that the food smelled amazing and was for once grateful that his brother had cooked as there were plenty of options on the table, not quite sure what Jinki liked to eat for breakfast. "You made bacon!" He cheered, leaning over the table to grab a piece as Jinki slid into the spot that Kibum made for him. Tossing the extra chair into the corner of the room so that the wheelchair could move about easily. 

"It smells amazing," Jinki said with a hum as he slowly took a pancake and set it on his plate, feeling rather awkward in front of Kibum. Minho he had grown comfortable with already, but Kibum was someone new, and despite how accepting the male seemed to be it still made him feel awkward. "Thank you so much for the food," he added as he grabbed another pancake and some eggs as well, Minho loading his plate a ridiculous amount. 

Kibum only nodded before leaning over the table and grinning, Minho too absorbed in the food to notice until his brother began to talk, "So, you're pretty cute, why are you friends with that?" He asked, jerking his thumb in Minho's direction as the male looked up and glared. "I mean, sure, he has nice hair but he's so boring!" He huffed, chuckling as Minho tried to hit his arm. 

Jinki only snorted, looking at the two with a fond smile, "I mean, his hair is nice but I find him fun to talk to and nice to look at," he joked, though the compliment was true he was thankful that the lighthearted manner of conversation allowed it to be brushed off instead of taken to heart, Kibum placing a hand on his chest as he let out a small sigh. 

"I am much better looking!" He said in defense as Minho rolled his eyes and sat down, smiling at Jinki who had just called him attractive. Holy , Jinki found him attractive. 

He tried his best not to react but a stupid smile spread on his face as he leaned back and shoveled more food into his mouth, glad that his friend had supported him. Also glad that Kibum didn't treat Jinki any different because he was in a wheelchair, Jinki was smiling and radiating pure energy and it made Minho's heart swell. He just had to convince himself that what he was feeling was nothing more than friendship. 



ah
I hope you guys like it!
Next chapter will have some fun developments~
Thank you for reading!