세븐틴: DIAMOND EDGE: Jeonghan’s Heart Report part. 4

SOUNDCHECK

세븐틴: DIAMOND EDGE: Jeonghan’s Heart Report part. 4

 

 

-TAIPEI-

 

          After their concert in Singapore, they immediately went to Taipei to meet their precious Carats there. As usual, rehearsal, then eat, and rest.

 

          Before the concert, they had their meal early, and had their beauty rest before going to bed. Jeonghan was with Wonwoo that time. The wolf was currently on the shower, while Jeonghan was already in bed covered with his blanket from head to toe.

 

          As soon as Wonwoo went out of the bathroom, he saw a giant silk worm-like creature on the bed. The comforter were covering his hyung’s whole body, and he kept on tossing and turning on the bed.

 

          Wonwoo observed a little more before he spoke with a teasing tone.

 

Wonwoo:

Yoon Jeonghan…

What are you doing?

 

          The giant silk worm crawled towards Wonwoo’s voice and removed the blanket on his face. Just then, Wonwoo found him cute with the blanket covering his head leaving only his beautiful troubled face visible.

 

Wonwoo:

Don’t move!

 

          Instinctively, he got his phone, shoot him, and sent it to their group chat with a caption “I caught a troubled giant angel silk worm.”

 

Jeonghan:

Why do you have to take a picture of me?

(He whined)

 

Wonwoo:

What’s the problem? You’re cute.

I like it.

What’s bothering you, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t sleep Wonwoo ya.

 

          The daddy wolf smiled, went close to him and straddled with his feet tiptoeing as he kept his balance.

 

Wonwoo:

Poor Jeonghanie.

(He smirked)

 

          He smirked and immediately planted a sweet gentle kiss on the angel’s lips. The angel wasn’t surprised at all. Well, Wonwoo was surprised that he was not surprised. It was just a tiny change of expression, but you could say that he was- really was surprised by just a little extension of the opening of his eyes.

 

Wonwoo:

Jeonghan-ssi. You are not surprised at all?

 

Jeonghan:

Are you surprised?

(He teased)

 

Wonwoo:

A bit.

(He smiled and planted another kiss)

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, are you abusing me right now?

 

Wonwoo:

It just amazed me that you didn’t hit me.

 

Jeonghan:

You like to be hit?

(With his sarcastic voice)

 

Wonwoo:

Nope. I like being kissed on the lips, angel.

(He provoked)

 

Jeonghan:

Whmmmp! Shiro!

(Acting cutely)

 

Wonwoo:

(He smirked with his satisfied face)

Are you tempting me, baby Jeonghanie?

 

Jeonghan:

No.

 

Wonwoo:

I’m tempted.

(He plainly admit)

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

(He looked so troubled because he couldn’t sleep at all)

 

          Well, surprisingly, Wonwoo gave up and stood up. That action surprised Jeonghan. He thought, Wonwoo wanted to play with him, but he got disappointed because he didn’t want to. In return, he showed Wonwoo his surprised face.

 

Wonwoo:

(He noticed)

Why are you looking to me like that?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing.

 

Wonwoo:

(He smirked)

Should I give you more?

(Leaned towards Jeonghan with his threatening eyes)

You’re getting spoiled.

 

Jeonghan:

(He blushed)

Aniya!

 

Wonwoo:

(He laughed)

Go to bed now.

(Like a commanding general)

Sleep. We will have a tiring day tomorrow.

 

Jeonghan:

But I can’t sleep!

(He grunted)

 

Wonwoo:

Lie down properly. I will go there afterwards. I’ll just brush my teeth.

I’ll teach you some technique.

 

          Jeonghan was waiting patiently on his bed.

 

          Meanwhile, after brushing his teeth. Wonwoo went straight to Jeonghan’s bed and lie down facing his him.

 

Wonwoo:

Come close.

 

          Wonwoo wrapped his body around the troubled angel while giving him some sort of a trivia.

 

Wonwoo:

You know, as per research, people will get easily fall asleep when someone is hugging them at night.

 

          He pulled him close to him without leaving any space in between them.

 

Wonwoo:

Still comfortable with this, baby angel?

 

Jeonghan:

(Yawning)

Yeah.

 

Wonwoo:

Don’t tell me it’s that quick that you are already yawning, hyung?

 

 

Jeonghan:

I think so.

 

          Jeonghan was getting more comfortable as he felt sleepy with the warm embrace Wonwoo was giving him. His embrace was not that tight at all. He could breathe properly and it was really soothing.

 

          Wonwoo held him delicately and it was comforting for Jeonghan. After a while, the angel felt that his eyes were getting heavier each time.

 

Jeonghan:

Good night now.

 

Wonwoo:

Alright.

Good night.

 

          Wonwoo buried his face at the corner of Jeonghan’s jaw and kissed him, while his hands were slowly moving on one of Jeonghan’s fluffy cheeks.

 

          On the other hand, Jeonghan moved the naughty hands of the sneaky werewolf back to his back.

 

Jeonghan:

(Whispered)

No bitting, daddy werewolf.

(He threatened)

 

Wonwoo:

(Let out a sweet y giggle)

Okay. Araseo.

Sleep now.

(He caressed Jeonghan’s hair lightly.)

 

 

 

“This werewolf, really! Tsk!

(He smiled)

Thank you for being strong for me Wowoo ya. Every time you embrace me, I feel at ease. You happen to master the art of embracing, this punk! I love the way you hold me. It’s firm yet delicate. I feel protected too. I think you speak like this, young man.

You are better expressing yourself in action rather than words.

People don’t know that.

I feel honoured to know you, Werewolf.

But can you react a little more?

I’m worried about you. I don’t know if you are hurt or happy. At least… you know, put some effort to smile more often.

You are scary when I see you in the dark, did you know that?

Anyway, Wonwoo ya, I know you are doing your best for the team. Keep it up! You can do it! We can do it!

I’m just worried that people might misunderstand you and that it may hurt you, so learn how to talk to us with your feelings, alright?

 

I love the way you show me your love, but Wonwoo ya, don’t get yourself hurt because of me. I love you so much.”

 

 

          The next morning, Jeongan woke up from a very good and warm sleep with Wonwoo’s embrace therapy. On the other hand, Jeon Wonwoo was already washing his body to get ready. When he saw Jeonghan up with his lazy, heavy eyes wandering around the room, he pulled the blanket completely off his face and gave him a morning kiss on his lips. Jeonghan was –finally- surprised.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya!

Why did you do that?

(He touched his lips)

I haven’t wash my mouth yet!

(He became embarrassed)

 

Wonwoo:

(He smirked)

Get up and take a shower.

We’re having our breakfast downstairs.

Palli!
I’m hungry.

Go wash your mouth now. Just shower later when we get back.

 

          Jeonghan went to the shower grumpily because of the embarrassment he had with Wonwoo’s kiss. Not because of the kiss but he still had bad breath.

 

          When he came out wiping his mouth, Wonwoo came near. He pulled Jeonghan aggressively against his body.

 

Wonwoo:

(Looking at his lips)

Can I have a proper kiss now?

(With a hungry, teasing stare)

 

Jeonghan:

No!

(He said with frowning eyes, but he later smirked)

Daddy werewolf… my lips is not a breakfast.

 

 

          Wonwoo laughed and released his adorable y hyung.

 

Wonwoo:

How was your sleep?

 

Jeonghan:

Warm and relaxing.

Thank you.

 

Wonwoo was relieved with Jeonghan’s smile and energy. Immediately, they went downstairs to eat their breakfast.

 

Rehearsals again after a short break, they all went to the concert hall and started practicing. Hoshi was exceptionally kind for the past few days now. He gives generous breaks.

 

Joshua:

Hoshi ya, what’s with the breaks?

(Since it’s getting weirder and unusual)

 

Hoshi:

(Smiled fluffily)

Oh! Should we resume later?

 

Joshua:

I mean, it’s longer than before.

 

Jihoon:

Are you sick?

(He said coldly)

 

Hoshi:

No.

I just want us to rest properly.

We only need to master the formation each stage.

I know even when you close your eyes and in your dreams, you are still practicing the steps, soooo… I thought, longer breaks would give us a fresher mind.

(He laughed loudly)

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung, you are scaring me.

 

          Seungkwan went close to Hoshi and touched his forehead.

 

Seungkwan:

You are not sick, though.

 

Hoshi:

Ya.

(He let out a short giggle while speaking)

I’m not sick.

Just go and rest.

 

Wonwoo:

Guys!

(He called the boys)

Palli, find the lost screw in Hoshi’s head.

(He joked with a serious face.)

 

          The kids acted like they started finding Hoshi’s lost nuts. Hoshi just laughed, as well as the others.

 

          While he and Jeonghan were preparing for their make-up, Jeonghan glanced at Hoshi.

 

Jeonghan:

You okay?

 

Hoshi:

(With his eyes wide open)

Hmm?

Of course.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure?

Just tell me.

 

Hoshi:

(He smiled and got hold of Jeonghan’s hands)

I’m fine. This is nothing hyung. I’m just being generous.

You don’t like?

(He chuckled)

Besides… I better reserve my energy during the concert than wasting it to practice.

(He winked)

I’ll be hyper later.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

Being the performance leader must be a tough job.

(He smiled)
See me at the dressing room.

I wanna give you something.

 

Hoshi:

Food?

(He said excitedly)

 

Jeonghan:

So, you are hungry?

(He giggled)

 

Hoshi:

A little.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

I’ll ask someone to buy for us.

I’m a little hungry too.

 

-Dressing Room-

 

          Hoshi went inside the dressing room first, Jeonghan went next to him after getting a snack that he asked from the staff. The two were busy eating inside the dressing room.

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, what do you want to give me.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh!

Okay.

Wait!

 

          The angel pretended to get something from his bag, but he immediately went close to Hoshi and kiss his cheeks. Hoshi’s eyes widened, he touched his cheeks lightly, and finally formed a cute smiling face. He was indeed contented.

 

Jeonghan:

I just want to give you an extra battery.

Did I help?

 

          Hoshi stood up in animated manner and imagine his burning eyes with so much passion. Jeonghan behind him was surprised and expressed his heartily laugh.

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo!

 

          One moment, each member joined them, when he shouted.

 

Hoshi:

Alright!
Let’s practice!

 

Sebongs:

Mwo?!

 

Seungcheol:

Ya!

We already have our make up!

 

Wonwoo:

Ya, you stay still.

 

Jun:

What happened?

 

Jeonghan:

(Playing dumb while giggling)

I don’t know.

 

Hoshi:

I’m alive, guys!

Let’s get it on!

 

Mingyu:

Aigoo, shikuro! (Too noisy)

 

Dino:

Calm yourself, hyung!

 

          Hoshi retrieved his burning energy after Jeonghan gave him an extra battery for the show.

 

          Everything was wrapped up neatly and quietly and it’s time for them to prepare for their next flight, which is the Philippines.

 

 

-MANILA-

 

          Before their concert, they went to Batangas for their photoshoot. They spent their time leisurely there, well, of course while doing their agenda, which was their photoshoot for their album.

 

          It was a nice and calm day for all of them. The kids were running around the place. As usual, Jeonghan would just like to stay and view the nature beside the sea side. DK noticed him.

 

DK:

Hyung, what are you doing?

You tired already?

(With his smile)

 

Jeonghan:

You know me DK-ah.

(He giggled sweetly)

 

          Jeonghan rested his hands at the back and leaned his body slightly backwards.

 

Jeonghan:

Ah, it’s beautiful.

It’s relaxing.

 

DK:

Yokshi, hyung.

 

          DK sat beside Jeonghan.

 

DK:

I bet you wanna sleep?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

(He giggled)

 

DK:

Use my shoulders.

 

          Jeonghan leaned on DK’s shoulder but it kinda hurts a little because of DK’s bones. He has no fats and it felt uncomfortable.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, gain fat a little. I cannot lean comfortably.

 

DK:

Use my chest then.

(He leaned a little backwards)

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung!

Eyyyy… are you here to sleep?

(He interrupted)

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

(He giggled)

 

DK:

What do you expect?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m here to relax.

 

Seungkwan:

Eyy, jinjja?

C’mon, let’s go to a hammock over there and relax.

 

Jeonghan:

Carry me please.

 

Seungkwan:

Aigoo!

C’mon.

Stand up now, hyung.

 

          Jeonghan stood up abruptly, and as a result, his head went spinning again. His feet almost gave up, but DK caught him.

 

DK:

Hyung!

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ I got up too fast.

 

Seungkwan:

Ya, be careful. This hyung, really?!

Tsk!

Ja, hop on my back.

 

          DK assisted him to climb Seungkwan’s back. Unfortunately for Seungkwan, carrying his hyung wasn’t that easy on sand. It doubled his effort because his feet kept on going down. When they got to the hammock, Seungkwan felt that he lose a lot of weight. A kilo or two maybe.

 

Seungkwan:

Aigoo~ himduro. (So hard)

Hyung… time to get down.

 

DK:

He fell asleep.

 

Seungkwan:

Aigoo!

Call anyone. Get some pillow so can rest comfortably.

 

          Mingyu passed by and he was the one who was asked to help them carry Jeonghan  off Seungkwan’s back. Then, The8 and Jun went to get a pillow and a blanket.

 

          Mingyu carried Jeonghan on his arms without waking him up, then he gently put him on the hammock after putting the pillow and the blanket.

 

          The angel went sleeping the whole day until they already got into the bus the next day. Mingyu was struggling with the same thing Seungkwan experienced yesterday with the sand while carrying their angel, but lesser tiring he felt because of his strong and fit body. They were worried, but they had to trust their angel as well.

 

They acted normal.

 

          On their way back to Manila, Jeonghan was comfortably leaning on Coups’ arms. They arrived at their hotel with their sleeping beauty. After a while, they left Jeonghan with Doctor Eric and planned their angel’s surprise party, hoping that he would wake up soon.

 

          Finally, before 10pm, Jeonghan woke up with his dextrose in his arms again. The first thing he took was his phone, to look at the date. It was October three. That means he slept for almost two days. Doctor Eric went out to talk to the boys. He told them that he was already awake. So, the boys invited him out for their late dinner together. The whole group went out and pig out somewhere. By the time they went back to their rooms, they acted like nothing. While Jeonghan was fixing his things after shower.

 

          Midnight strike, and they decided to have Vlive because it’s Jeonghan’s birthday; though, it was never in Jeonghan’s mind that it was already his birthday that very minute. He did a very normal greeting with a cute face. Just then, DK entered his room bringing a cake with a candle to greet him a happy birthday. The members greeted him as well, and it was obvious that he was totally surprise. At first he was clueless, but when they greeted him happy birthday, he remembered and laughed.

 

 

Jeonghan:

Omo!

I almost forgot!

 

Seungkwan:

How can you forget your own birthday, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

Ani… ani… I just thought-

(He became speechless and continued laughing)

 

          They make him blow the candle and kissed him anywhere reachable for a good night kiss. DK was left with Jeonghan for their Vlive. He tried to be jolly and enthusiastic as ever, but too bad for DK, he’s all worn out from their practice and became sleepy. On the other hand, Jeonghan was full of energy as he just woke up. They successfully finished their Vlive that night with DK sleeping beside him, while leaning on the head board.

 

“Dokyeomie~ my Dokyeomie~

Thank you for your smile and thank you for everything you’ve done for me.

Thank you for staying beside me always. I know you put a lot of effort to keep us happy too.

Don’t forget that you don’t have to force yourself to be happy if you are not, okay? We understand. Talk to us about your frustration and stuffs, we will listen. You don’t have to hesitate about telling us what’s troubling you. We are always here for you.

And Dike-ii~

Don’t you know that despite your jolliness and naughtiness, of course you are adorable too, I am feeling relieved whenever I see you smiling? I feel like I’m new again.

Thank you so much.

I know you have the softest heart among us. You cry a lot.

(He giggled)

But that’s fine… better express yourself of how you really feel.

Seok Min-ah, did you noticed that I always sleep or lean on you? Maybe you don’t.

(He smiled)

Coz I think, I can feel comfortable the most with you.

Sorry if I bully you… I didn’t mean to be mean… but you know me.

(He laughed)

My dearest SeokMin, I love you so much. I hope you stay as you are and we stay as we are.

You are so talented and kind and pure and caring and soft.

Thank you for existing.

I love you.”

 

 

The next day, they had to be in the concert dome again for their practice.

 

          The boys couldn’t imagine that it was already their last performance for their world tour. They were so sad, but of course, their performance won’t end there.

 

          Night came, the whole Arena was slowly being filled with their precious Carats. They sang loudly, together with the songs and music videos on the bring screen while waiting excitedly on their seats.

 

          Hoshi was again heating up. He’s burning! It’s gonna be their last performance on their world tour, but they made sure that they would never fail their fans. They were tired- It was given, but they never thought to slack in their last concert of the year. Manila was their last stop and as promised, they must still give their best performance as ever!

 

          Jeonghan, on the other hand, wasn’t feeling very well. He felt exhausted. His body just can’t let him do his best in their last performance. He sat on the corner of the couch near the mirror, resting his body. The8 noticed him and approached him immediately, carrying a tissue to wipe the perspiring angel.

 

The8:

Why, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled faintly)

Minghao ya, can you give me water?

(He asked with a weak voice)

 

The8:

(While wiping his sweat)

Anything else?

Want me to get some food for you?

 

          Then, he noticed that Jeonghan’s lipstick faded away- as in completely wiped out and assumed that he washed it out because he vomited again.

 

The8:

Did you happen to throw up again?

 

Jeonghan:

(With restless breathing)

Ummm. Yeah.

(He admitted it because he was already caught, no chance to cover up.)

 

The8:

Alright. I’ll bring food.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

          The8 asked for food immediately and ran speedily in order for him to rescue their angel. He gave him water and a sandwich just to fill his stomach for the meantime. The8 was still wiping his sweat.

 

The8:

How are you feeling?

 

Jeonghan:

I feel tired.

 

          He knew that The8 was mature enough to handle things. He won’t panic. He believed in Minghao that time because he needed help.

 

The8:

I know you want to perform, but make sure if you cannot do it anymore, back out. Is that clear?

(He instructed)

 

          Jeonghan nodded while drinking his water. The8 was the one who fed him, taking small pieces of the sandwich, so that his angel won’t find it hard to swallow.

 

          Slowly, Jeonghan chewed his food with water beside him, to help the food slide down through his throat.

 

The8:

Tell me when you can’t eat anymore.

It’s not good when you force yourself.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine.

(He smiled)

Thank you.

 

 

“Minghao ya~ My fairy~ I can never treat you like a dongsaeng. You are manly. You are considerate and responsible too.

I thought you are such a cute baby when you first came to our group, but how come you grow so fast! What kind of magic is that?!

(He smiled)

You are the first one, a man (!), who asked for my hand bravely- and to think that you actually have plans of marrying me despite our status. You’re cute at the same time. I think you’re gonna be the best husband if I happen to marry you- if fate allows. Maybe if not this time, in our next lives maybe. 

I hope we’d meet.

Though, it’d be problematic, when we all cross paths again like what’s happening at this moment. Maybe I need to have extra 12 lives for that.

(He giggled)

Minghao ya~

Of all our dates, you always make me feel like I’m a woman. Can you not do that?

(He teased)

I might have more confusion with my gender and personality; though, I already doubted it at first because of all of you! Tsk!

Anyway! At least now I know what I really feel… though, I’m still confused.

The8… you’re sweetness is endless.

Moreover… You’re cool and cute at the same time. What a charm?

Sometimes, you are bold. Sometimes you are shy. But at least I know and I can feel your love and respect for me is really high based on how you treat me; based on how you waited for me to accept everything that’s happening in our lives before you move.

I really respect your love and dedication and of course, everything about you.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Saranghae~ ”

 

 

The8:

We still have time, hyung.

You can rest on my shoulders.

(He smiled gently)

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks!

I owe you a lot.

 

          Seungcheol went in as he finished his make-up and had to dress up.

 

Seungcheol:

Is there something?

 

Jeonghan:

Hey, calm down. I’m just resting.

 

Seungcheol:

If anything happens, just call me alright?

(He said in a calm tone)

 

          Jeonghan was surprised hearing those calm words from them. He didn’t know how to react. Were they used to it? Were they acting? He was totally confused, but he might have to think of it afterwards because he needed some rest at the moment before their show.

 

***

 

 

          Finally! Open curtains for the fans.

 

They could hear the strong shout and cheer of their fans and it gave them more energy. Jeonghan was asking his body to work for some miracle one more time.

 

          They successfully executed their first part until each unit had to perform their own songs. As he stepped his foot in the dark- on the back stage- his poor legs almost gave up. He was having trouble breathing and currently in the verge of fainting. Jeonghan made hold of the wood beside him, so he could walk steadily, or at least he had a support.

 

The8 saw how weak their angel was.

 

The8:

Hyung, let me carry you.

 

Joshua:

(Heard it from his back)

You okay?

 

Jeonghan:

(He felt really disappointed of his body and gently asked the people around him a favour)

Please, ignore me.

I don’t want to see you worry.

 

The8:

I told you, don’t push yourself, hyung.

 

          Jeonghan couldn’t help but to cry because of his frustration and disappointment in himself.

 

Jeonghan:

I want to perform.

(He cried badly)

 

Jihoon:

Then don’t force yourself into something your body cannot bear.

 

Hoshi:

(He held Jeonghan’s cheeks)

Okay. We understand.

Let’s just make an adlib for our next song.

 

DK:

Can you stand on our part, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

(He nodded)

Yeah.

Thanks.

 

Joshua:

Stop crying now.

(He wiped Jeonghan’s tears gently)

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

 

          They were at their dressing room, changing their designated outfits per song. The vocal unit went first as they wanted to give Jeonghan a good rest after. Their angel managed to pull off their performance.

 

 

While returning back to their room, some staff- a lost staff, actually a Filipino bouncer holding a copy of their faces went looking after him. When he confirmed that he was already in front of the right guy by looking at his copy, he gave a box wrapped on a nice birthday gift wrapper to him and relayed a message.

 

Bouncer:

He said Happy Birthday.

 

          Jeonghan was confused. The gift was on his hand, but when he was about to ask of whom the items came from, he was called by Jihoon to get back to their waiting area, so he could rest, and all he could ever tell the bouncer was ‘Thank you’.

 

          He opened the mysterious present, and he was stunned by it. He saw some expensive accessory set containing bracelet, ring, and necklace. The design was simple, but the stones speak on how expensive they were.

 

          By that time, he was really bothered by the present that was given to him mysteriously. It started from their concert in America. At first, he thought that it was just from a fan, but the more he received it the same way he received each every time, he believed that it was coming from one person. Not that a fan would follow him all the way to Asia just to watch their concert over and over again. Nonetheless, as long as he’s not harmed, it’s okay; though, he needed to take precaution because he thought, he knew who it was.

 

 

On the other hand, it was time for the performance team to join the stage. After that it was Hiphop team’s turn.

 

While changing, Jeonghan collapsed. Hoshi and Jun immediately rescued him and put him on a sofa, busy fanning him.

 

          Although he still had consciousness, his body felt weak. An oxygen was given to him immediately by Doctor Eric while checking his body. His pulse was not in good condition. Joshua was holding his hand and all of them became worried.

 

          However, no matter what happens, the show must go on. They still performed with their members complete; though, they had to do some revisions in their performance. Hoshi asked the members to just enjoy the stage for their last performance, so that Jeonghan could rest a little. They couldn’t leave Jeonghan behind the backstage because they knew he would feel terrible- terrible than his disease would cause him.

 

          And so, the concert ended well. As soon as they stepped out of the stage, Wonwoo carried Jeonghan and asked for a wheel chair.

 

Jeonghan:

No need for that. I can walk.

 

Doctor Eric:

You can’t.

Your blood pressure is really low. We need to get back to your hotel.

I’ll be asking you to do your exercise again.

Your blood is not circulating well, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Understood, Doctor.

(He leaned on Wonwoo with a heavy heart, thinking that he failed their fans and his team this time.)

Thank you Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo:

This is nothing.

You did well, hyung.

(He smiled)

 

***

 

 

          While Jeonghan was sleeping, Doctor Eric talked to Joshua.

 

Joshua:

Doctor, how’s he?

 

Doctor:

Well, I need to tell this to you too.

I’ve already said this to his parents.

To be honest…

He’s not getting any better.

(He sighed)

 

Joshua:

(He was astounded)

So… what will happen to him?

 

Doctor Eric:

His body starts betraying him.

It will be a huge impact on his mind and confidence.

 

Joshua:

(His heart breaks)

What should I do?

 

Doctor Eric:

I can say nothing more but to stay right beside him.

His headaches are not those of the ordinary ones that are tolerable with a pain killer.

It will be really painful.

Those pains can shut his brain and he might end up in coma again.

It will be hard to wake him up, if that happens.

 

          Joshua almost fell on his knees. He felt weak and helpless. That time, he went back to his room with Vernon. He looked pale. He looked unstable. Joshua then asked all of them to gather there and discuss about their angel’s condition.

 

The8:

We can’t just give up!

 

          He said angrily when he saw them all in sadness after hearing Jeonghan’s condition.

 

 

The8:

Ya!

Hyung is bravely fighting. We should be strong too!

Don’t get discouraged!

We’re not weak! You know that!

 

Seungcheol:

(He sighed after slapping his own face)

Okay!

(He shouted)

Fighting!

 

Sebongs:

Fighting!!!

 

          When Jeonghan woke up the next day, he saw all s inside their room. He was surprised, but he felt so glad.

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning!

(He smiled)

 

Seungcheol:

Get up now. Go to the bathroom and wash.

We need to hurry!

Palli! Palli!

 

 

Joshua:

(He smiled)

Time to go back in Korea, lazy angel.

 

Jeonghan:

Araseo.

 

Jun:

But!

We need to bathe you.

 

Jeonghan:

What?!

 

Wonwoo:

We will be the one to bathe you, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

I can do it myself.

 

Hoshi:

There’s no time. And besides, you are prohibited to walk.

As if you can.

Hmph!

 

Jeonghan:

Well, I think I can?

 

Jihoon:

I don’t think so.

Jun, carry him right away.

 

Jun:

Araseo!

 

Jeonghan:

Wait!

 

          Jun carried him right away.

 

DK:

(Got his bathing stuffs including his towel and beauty care)

Alright!

Let us handle you, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya!

This is embarrassing!

 

Mingyu:

Bear with it.

(He shouted)

Coups hyung!

I already have the lotion! What are you doing? You’re messing up with Jeonghan hyung’s luggage again!

 

The8:

boobooo~ the breakfast!

 

Seungkwan:

Wait!

I’m reheating it!

Vernon-ah. The coffee?

 

Vernon:

Ask chan.

 

Seungkwan:

Dino ya! The coffee?

 

Dino:

I put it beside Vernon hyung!

(Busy getting a warm water for Jeonghan and for all of them.)

 

Seungkwan:

Ya, Vernon-ah! How come you didn’t see?

 

Vernon:

Why did you not see too? It’s just in between us?

 

Seungkwan:

I’m busy reheating.

 

Vernon:

I’m busy preparing the utensils too.

 

          Then, both of them giggled after a love-hate quarrel.

 

          Everyone moved fast. They all prepared their instant breakfast on the floor while waiting for their angel to wake up. Too bad if Jeonghan didn’t wake up that time, they won’t have their breakfast as well.

 

-Breakfast Table on the Floor-

 

Seungcheol:

Okay guys…

(He raised his hot coffee)

Cheers for our success!

 

Seungkwan:

Seriously, Seungcheol-ssi? A cheers for a hot coffee.

 

Jihoon:

(He laughed)

Let him be.

Cheers!

(He raised his hot paper mug)

Aw! Atteu! (Hot)

 

Mingyu:

Well, we gotta do this quick!

Palli!

(He raised his own cup too)

 

          Then, the boys had no choice but to suffer with them. They were just too out of their mind when they toasted it and some spilled on their skin. The room was filled with painful groans and laughter.

 

          They enjoyed their victory breakfast with their hot coffee toast. They went back to Korea merrily and decided to take their rest before starting another journey of their lives. They were planning a great comeback for their fans in order to tell them that they are keeping their promise and thank them.

 

          Unfortunately, people visited their dorm to congratulate them for their success in their concert as soon as they heard that the boys were back. Their superiors, their staffs, their friends. Well, as of their bosses, they gave a new set of rings for the boys- as a sign of success and entering a new stage of their lives.

 

          One day, someone knocked on the door.

 

A very enthusiastic knock disturbed the boys from their peaceful rest.

 

When they opened it, they sighed as they saw none other than Mr. Jackson Wang! Sebongs sighed repeatedly thinking of the trouble Jackson would give them that day, but of course, he’s their friend and accepted him warmly.

 

Jackson:

Jeong-Honey!

 

          He was surprised seeing him in wheel chair and dextrose watching TV with the boys.

 

Jackson:

Omo!

You okay?

 

Dino:

Hyung, keep this a secret.

Please.

 

Jackson:

(With a serious face)

Rest assured.

 

          He immediately went to Jeonghan and touched his face. His heart was filled with worry and pain seeing his Honey weak.

 

Jeonghan:

Hi, hyung!

Don’t worry, I’m just doing fine.

(He greeted him with his gentlest smile)

 

Jackson:

How have you been feeling Jeonghan?

 

Jeonghan:

Getting better.

 

Jackson:

Alright. I’ll be quick so you can rest well.

 

Jeonghan:

Are you okay now, hyung?

(From the last time they saw each other)

 

Jackson:

Yeah… after seeing you.

 

Jihoon:

Still not okay?

 

Jackson:

Eiii… I said I’m fine.

 

Jihoon:

After seeing Jeonghan hyung as I recalled.

 

Joshua:

Why?

 

Jackson:

I just got a little problem but I will fix it soon.

 

Jihoon:

So, you’re not yet okay.

(He murmured)

 

Jackson:

(Ignored Jihoon’s speculations)

How about all of you?

Are you all doing fine?

Ah- by the way, I bought many snacks for you to share.

(He smiled sincerely and gave them the bag that he brought with him.)

 

Seungcheol:

Thank you, hyung.

 

Jackson:

What’s going on, Hanie?

 

Jeonghan:

Ummm… I’m just sick.

 

Wonwoo:

Don’t hide it anymore, hyung. He saw you at the practice last time. He knows almost everything.

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

But I don’t want thi-

 

Jackson:

(Kissed Jeonghan’s hands with tenderness)

Tell me.

I promise not to tell anyone, because

I love you.

(With his Don Romantic acting again)

 

Dino:

Aigoo!

(With a troubled face)

 

          The boys were used to it and somehow ignored his foolishness.

 

          Jeonghan explained some, not in details, but Jackson understood Jeonghan’s and Seventeen’s privacy. He just hoped that everything would be fine.

         

          Then, one moment, Jeonghan’s phone rang in the middle of their lunch. It was his precious puppy calling him.

 

Jeonghan:

Hello?

(He giggled sweetly)

 

TaeHyung:

Hello, my love?

(He said sweetly)

 

Rap Mon:

(At the background)

This kid!

(Slammed his palm on Taehyung’s poor cute face)

Ya! Don’t disturb them!

Let them rest!

 

TaeHyung:

(Casually bit NamJoon’s hand so he would back off, and a scream was heard in the background)

Hello, my love!

When are you available?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry Teahyung, but I think we’ll be busy because we are preparing for our comeback.

 

TaeHyung:

I understand.

Ummm… I just want to say that… I’ll be seeing you tomorrow for… ummm… the premier.

 

Jeonghan:

Omo!

Oh yeah.

See you!

 

TaeHyung:

Rest well, my beauty.

See you tomorrow.

I love you~

(He said with a sweet chuckling voice)

 

Jeonghan:

I love you too~

 

          Then the boys were alerted.

 

Seungcheol:

Who’s that?

(With a frowning, investigating face)

 

Jeonghan:

V.

(He smiled)

 

          On the other line, Jin stole the phone.

 

Jin:

See you tomorrow, princess.

I’m so excited for tomorrow. Actually we’re all gonna sleep now for our beauty rest.

(He said cutely)

 

Jeonghan:

See you.

 

NamJoon:

(At the background)

Seriously?

Go ahead and sleep.

It’s still noon, you know.

(Then he shouted)

Jeonghan-ah, hang up the phone now.

 

Jimin:

(At the background)

Let me talk.

(He said shyly as he stole the phone)

Hi!

Fighting for tomorrow.

(He chuckled sweetly)

Have a good rest.

 

Jeonghan:

I will. Thank you. You too.

(With a sweet tone)

 

Jin:

(Went on Jimin’s ears where the phone was and shouted)

I love you~ (In English)

 

          In return, Jin received a slap on his stomach by the –now- deaf Jimin.

 

Jeonghan:

I love you too hyung~

(He said in reply with a cute chuckle)

Aigoo~ gwiyeowo.

 

Jackson:

I love you too, yeobo~

(As if he was the one Jeonghan was talking too)

 

 

 Jackson went in front of Jeonghan and leaned as near as possible because he’s planning to plant a kiss on Jeonghan’s precious lips; however, The8’s hand was pulling his shirt at his back, so he won’t reach Jeonghan at all. Of course, a cotton shirt could be stretchable, so Jackson was slowly (struggling) reaching Jeonghan’s face, but the kiss was impossible as Mingyu placed his hand to cover Jakcson’s mouth.

 

 

Jeonghan:

I love you too, hyung.

(Then winked)

 

          With those words and wink, Jackson was reported dead on the spot. He fainted (over acting) and he kept still on the floor.

 

Jihoon:

(Looked at Jackson as a large weird non-living thing existed on earth)

Should we clean the big mess?

(He teased)

 

Wonwoo:

(Looked at their hyung the same way Jihoon did)

Sure.

Joshua hyung, we need a big trash bag.

 

Jun:

(Instead of Joshua handing him a big trash black bag, Jun actually got the hidden message and reached that thing immediately.)

Here.

 

Vernon:

Start cleaning.

(With a cold voice)

 

          Jackson was still lying on the floor wanted to play with the sebongs, but he didn’t expect that they were serious about wrapping him up in a trash bag- actually two big trash bags.

 

He was dumb founded.

 

Jackson:

Wait!

You don’t mean you are serious right?

 

Joshua:

(He was wearing a serious face but he couldn’t help but laugh)

We are hyung.

 

Hoshi:

(Looked outside, checking something)

Okay guys. Time to carry the garbage… no one’s looking outside.

 

Jackson:

Ya!

You didn’t mean to murder me, do you?

 

Seungcheol:

(He removed the plastic bag over his head, while looking at Jackson with a psycho smile)

Shhhh!

(He’s in character)

Be quiet. No one will know.

(He smirked)

 

          Jackson finally came to his senses and stood up.

 

          He got scared.

 

Jackson:

You are scaring me.

 

Joshua:

Well, hyung… you have entered a highly secured area, with 12 strong knights.

(He giggled)

 

Wonwoo:

Don’t let your guard down.

(He threatened with his smirk)

 

Jackson:

Ya, you’re giving me chills.

Alright. Alright. I’ll behave.

 

          He sat properly, but he insisted to seat beside Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

So cute!

 

Jackson:

They almost kill me Jeonghanie…

(With a troubled face)

Jeonghan, tomorrow… after your premier… I will propose to you with all my love.

(Acted foolish again and looked at Jeonghan. Well, he tried his best not to hold Jeonghan because eyes were looking at him.)

In the national television.

 

Jeonghan:

But you proposed to me in running man, hyung?

(He giggled)

 

Jackason:

That’s a failure.

A lot of people disturbed our ceremony.

 

Seungcheol:

There’s a whole lot more tomorrow, hyung. Don’t expect you will have a peaceful proposal on TV.

         

 

And then, they heard another knock.

 

Mingyuk:

Jeonghan!

It’s Minhyuk!

 

Mingyu:

(Face palm)

Aigoo!

 

          Minhyuk were carrying flowers, snacks and cola for Jeonghan. He too was excited about the movie premier and he thought of paying a visit.

 

          In his surprise, Mingyu was the one who opened the door and received his gifts.

 

Mingyu:

(With a wide smile)

Thank you hyung!

 

Minhyuk:

Can I enter?

 

          He saw Mingyu a big hindrance at the door.

 

Mingyu:

Sure.

(But he won’t move a single step.)

 

Minhyuk:

I promise I will not stay long.

 

          And so, he was permitted to enter.

 

          Same with Jackson’s expression. Minhyuk’s eyes, as well as heart, were filled with worry when he saw Jeonghan. Well, he knew well what was going on, and he understood that he needed to shut his mouth and go out immediately.

 

          When he bid goodbye, he dragged Jackson along with him forcibly.

 

Jackson:

I will go later.

 

Minhyuk:

Jeonghan needs to rest.

C’mon!

 

          So, they went out and bid goodbye to their beloved angel. Jeonghan giggled and felt a little better.

 

          On the other hand, the boys were extremely worried because of tomorrow’s event which was the Premier. They were excited, but there’ something… something- maybe surprising or something that would kill them the next day because they somehow felt uneasy.