17

30 day OTP challenge (EXO)

 

Uhm yeah... This song fits it kinda well : XX  ^^

 

Day 17

 

Baekyeol

 

Context: Baekhyun is a free time at the age of 17, and when he’s not under some old greasy man, he’s smoking blunts with his soul mate and lifelong best friend Chanyeol.

 

Spooning~

 

There is one thing about Baekhyun I never quite got to understand.

I’ve never understood how he could just… surrender himself like that. He had hooked up with almost every single man in the entire town, even a few non-gay ones, but yet he never seemed to give a about anyone.

He never felt things.

And he never let feelings come close to him.

One time when we were younger, even before he started to… make money of being gay, there was one girl who really liked him. She always wore really short skirts, and whenever Baekhyun was around she’d be sure to flash all she had in a useless hope for attention. Baekhyun got friendly with her, but the second she told him that there was more than friendly feelings between them, he got lost.

The only person he ever stuck to, was me.

 

I know I said he never stuck around people who had feelings for him… but I guess I’m better at hiding it, and if it ever comes out, we’re probably both high and neither will remember.

I like Baekhyun.

I love Baekhyun.

Baekhyun is my everything and I’d love to let him know… but I can’t lose him, he’d be lost in his own hole, the hole he’s been digging for so many years.

 

“Ya Chanyeol?” Baekhyun slammed his fist into my shoulder, making me whine in pain.

“YA, what?”

“Come!”

He took my hand and pulled me along into a building that we were just about to pass.

“What is this place?”

“It’s an old skate hall” Baekhyun stood still and stared at the room, his eyes bulging to get every detail.

“Why are we here?” I kept asking him questions that were obviously irrelevant to him. His expression turned a bit… nostalgic, and a bit sad.

“Because… we’ve know each other for so many ears Chan… and I’ve never told you that this was the first place I got my heart torn out”

I was utterly lost, while Baekhyun was standing and smiling a bit sadly at the ceiling that had several holes and a few pigeons were flying around here and there.

“What.. but you..”

“Remember the first time I handed you a blunt?” His face turned towards mine and he still had that smile on, like he was hiding that he was sad.

“Well… not really”

“That’s what I thought… I brought you here” he took my hand and started pulling me along further onto the skate rink.  

It was a bill building, lots of doors beside the gigantic mane room with the many rinks. Baekhyun stopped talking for a while and pulled me along for a while.

“The first time we went here… I told you that I loved you…”

“I_”

“Don’t interrupt!” he hissed playfully, maintaining his façade with a smile.

“I told you… I confessed my all to you, even if you don’t remember. We were nothing but 13, and it was only natural that you thought it was weird, some punk like me crushing on you… but I did, I do” he stopped and looked at me, taking both my hands.

“You know what you told me?” I could see his tears, and as confused as I was, it was clear that I had given him the wrong answer.

“You said…” He sniffed and tried not to cry, doing his best to smile, even if it was obvious that he didn’t want to.

“You said you could never be with a second rank like me” He cracked as he finished his sentence, grabbing onto the edge of my hoodie to keep himself from falling to the ground. I tried to take a hold of his hand, but as I did he pulled away with a great force.

“Baekhyun I_”

“No, no no, it’s okay Channie” he was smiling, he kept smiling like he didn’t want me to know that he was crying his heart out, like it was disguising the tears flooding  down his cheeks.

“BAEKHYUN!” He was a few meters from me, and now I finally got his attention. He looked up with a surprised expression.

 

Hours later.

 

The grass is kind of wet, and it’s a bit cold lying here. But the stars are pretty, and I know Baekhyun likes them, his eyes are fully focused on them.

I never knew I told him such awful things, and I sure took some time to calm him down, but I had to, otherwise I could’ve never convinced him that things changed.

I love him.

We’re in the middle of the park, lying on the grass, closely pressed together. Baekhyun’s fingers are childishly playing with mine, across the skin, while I notice him smiling slightly. It’s cute because I never knew it, but Baekhyun was as made to fit into my arms, and oh how I love having him here.

Feeling his hair brushing against my neck and his fingers against mine.

“I love you Baekhyun” I whispered even though we were the only people within miles, but his low chuckle was worth it, even if it made more tears flow from his eyes.

It was the happy kind.

 

AN: This is a bit... different... but i really like it.