Chenwu, how did you get here?

[ ☼ ] Bestly II: Saving The Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

The minute I felt well enough, I parked in a gas station. I took out about $20 before getting out and locking the car behind me. When I walked inside of the station, I huffed. I still felt a little woozy, so I looked around for a bottled water before walking to the cashier to buy gas and the bottle. "$2.30." The cashier said bluntly. I gave the bill and eyed the cashier unevenly, "Use the rest for pump 7 please." I said worried for my health. I couldn't wait any longer. I hastily unscrewed my bottle cap and drank from the bottle. I closed my eyes briefly and being unfortunate as I am, I felt no different. My brows furrowed, growing highly anxious. "Would you like a recipient?" I bit my lower lip, gently lifting my hand up, my body turning to leave out the store. My feet dragged with each step and I frowned. Why was I reacting like this?! I hardly ever got sick and this didn't feel like being sick. It was as if the car shop took the ability of fighting away from my body, not my mind. All the physical energy was beginning to erupt and it didn't feel good. Could this be for the atmosphere of the witch haven? I could've sworn it hadn't been like this on my last visit. Could something have happened? I reached for the gas pump and unscrewed the tank before gassing up.

 

Once I finished the gas, I retreated inside my car. I felt uneasy about something and was led to call Chen. He answered, I sighed slightly, "Chen?"-"Huan, is anything wrong?" I tried to ponder more before replying. There's just one question I needed to ask. "Honestly, you said that Linfei had drawn one of those witch markings right? Could it be possible that it can create an affect on persons who walk into the spell grounds?" I asked confused after asking the question. Chen was silent. "Huan, you sound horrible. You didn't read the letters did you??" He was concerned and angered. I weakly smiled. "No, I promised you I wouldn't but something happened- is happening." I revealed. He sighed, his background becoming louder. I pouted feeling sorry for bothering him. "I've read some things about something similar but no, I don't think that's possible unless the spirit is trying to communicate or harm you." He answered. "What happened?" He asked. I whined, even more anxious. I had a feeling that this was some sort of spiritual attack, which I knew nothing about; how it worked, etc. "I went to the car shop to see if Linfei would be there and she wasn't. Her father was, but while being there, I became nauseous. Like I wanted to throw up and everything. He told me to leave and made some comments about me helping enough and how Linfei wouldn't be his daughter anymore." I recalled. My mouth gaped with wide pupils, "Oh, I don't feel too good Chen, what's, oh my gosh!!" I yelped, screaming my lungs out.

 

Through my rear view mirror, I could see a young woman, she was that one from the picture. Her features weren't as radiant as from the dated photograph. Her face was masked with dirt and dried blood that I could smell within the car. Her gaze was low, body rigid and shaky. "Huan!" I could barely hear Chen with my hand trembling the phone. I hadn't even made a move before the connection dropped. I released the phone. I had no strength to focus on the sickness overcoming me. I was scared, terrified even. This was nothing like Luhan. This was a real ghost and I could feel them so profoundly that I was mimicking her rigid position. I tried to say something but this woman would not let me. Don't tell me this is really happening! I cried, my tears fading into sobs as my body temperature rose. "P

Please log in to read the full chapter