Welcome Home!

[ ☼ ] Bestly II: Saving The Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I don’t do this for the world.

I do this for my peace.

A peace I need to find within my soul, so I can finally begin to breath.

 

[typos may apply]

 

Today was the day I moved back in my apartment. Things were all over the place; between my mom leaving for Korea to attend my Father’s wedding and my packing, the only time I had to actually rest my still healing body was when I went to the bathroom to take a quick bladder relief; break. I was fortunate enough that Sehun was helping me pack, not to mention Chen who’d practically picked up every little thing I had. We were using both my and my mother’s car to commute back to take things to my place. “I can pick up a book Chen.” I huffed irritated while grabbing another, but he only took that as well. “You just go with Sehun to the apartment. There are only a few things left here.” He insisted. I was about to reply when my mother yelled from downstairs, “I’M LEAVING, GIVE ME HUGS AND KISSES!” The both of us exchanged exaggerated facial fights; my tongue sticking out expressing a fake hit to his shoulder while he nudged his head and sneered. I scoffed and spun on my heels, walking down the hall and stairs. “Call me when you arrive okay? And take pictures with Baek and Soo.” I wrapped around my mother’s arm before kissing her cheek. She smiled at me briefly before looking earnestly into my eyes. “You be careful, will you? I’m trusting that I won’t come back with another tragic news to tell your Father. You’re lucky he trusts me with you still. Things had been going fine and then…they go left again.” I frowned as she shook her head, aimlessly staring at me from head to toe. “Well, I will see you soon baby, make sure to lock up the house well. Bye Chen-Chen, Sehun~” She waved at the whilst she began to walk out the door. I walked with her until she got in the cab. “I promise I’ll be fine when you come home, mom. Love you.” I assured, blowing a kiss as she nodded; the driver speeding off once the door was shut.

 

I sighed, hugging myself with my head down. I honestly didn’t know if I could keep that promise anymore. I figured I could at least stay away from trouble to the best degree. When I came back inside Chen was sitting at the foot of the stairs, staring straight at me. “What?” I asked, my brows furrowing when he closed his eyes briefly. “Nothing,” he began standing to head back up stairs. “Hey, wait. Since my mom has me locking up, you should just go with Sehun instead. I’ll drive to my place afterwards, okay?” I decided lightly, walking into the living where my cousin laid belly down watching a drama. “Aren’t you supposed to be helping?” I folded my arms. Sehun stared up at me, his eyes squinted, his left almost closed. I never did address that healing black eye of his. “I was watching my wifee.” He simply looked back to the screen. I scoffed, following his gaze before my eyes slanted a bit. “That girl..” I couldn’t help but repeat as before. “Not that girl, the girl.” Sehun corrected with a somewhat dork-like snort. I ignored him, sitting by his side. As I viewed the show side by side him, quietly analyzing the women’s features. I knew then that I wasn’t or hadn’t seen things. “That’s Joonmyun’s ex-girlfriend..” I muttered aloud somehow amused. “Ex??” Sehun sat up, his face right next to mines. Gosh the boy’s reaction was priceless. “Yeah,” I say finding this funny to some degree. Joonmyun an art student was dating an actress. I smiled, becoming attuned to a melody playing in the drama. “I like this song, who sings it?” I asked, ignoring the pout on the blondie’s face. “It’s some group called 365, my turn to cry..” He answered. I nodded, bobbing to the mellow music until it ended revealing the previews for the drama next episode. “I almost cried, I must buy their album..” I stated simply in love with their voices at some point.

 

We got interrupted when Chen came through eyeing Sehun specifically. “Come on, Jongin called to say there’s traffic.” Sehun groaned, standing while he turned the TV off. I stood too, sighing. “So, Sehun my place is in shape, right? Nothing from my rules were broken?” I verified. I had never taken the chance to check on him when he had stayed there. “Yeah, but I had to clean a few pee stains… I was playing with Monggu a few days ago, and I may or may have not broken a real nice plate while eating.” Sehun rushed his sentence so fast that all I had time to do was scold him as he ran past Chen to pick a box up and go. “Do you not want us to wait for you? We can drive together.” Chen offered, I shook my head, “Nope, you guys go. I ne

Please log in to read the full chapter