Cotton Candy Reminisce.

[ ☼ ] Bestly II: Saving The Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Evidently, three of us were dangling over a 275ft Ferris wheel car. My mom and I were one side while Sehun sat across from us. I looked out the window with a settle smile on my face as I gazed down at the pedestrians walking under us from below. My eyes glanced over to see the shack that had the honor of giving the three of us fatal tattoos. I was amused to find that my mom was willing; even getting two, a heart and star along her wrist. Sehun got a style that looked like some form of wind formation on his shoulder while I got a few letters spelled B u n n y H o n e y. I figured it was would be a cute little name and it was placed just above my collarbone. It wasn’t too big and you could only notice it if I lifted my neck high enough.

Well, quite pleased by that nice memory intact with my brain, I turned my head and faced Sehun who’d just snapped a picture of me without my consent. Gosh, everybody did that. “Wait, let me pose next time.” I grumbled as Sehun snickered at the shot of my mouth gaped and head turned in a way; defied as an airhead-dumb looking person. “Okay.” He nodded, saving and probably forwarding the picture to his friends or something. I leaned my head on my mother’s unoccupied shoulder and she smiled softly. “I miss this you two.” She stated for the fifth time since the cotton candy stand. I didn’t know how much my mother missed Sehun or probably the younger version of him. Yet, she wasn’t saying she didn’t like the man he grew up to be now. I’m sure after everything with his parents and her divorce, time parted from them. My mother and Sehun were really close and Sehun-again I say could’ve been known as my brother if not for our surnames. Therefore, moments like these were important to her and I loved to share it with her. She hadn’t been this content since she found out I was finally a woman at the age of thirteen.

 

“1,2,3 -snap- one more~ 1,2,3 –snap-“ I finished off the last shot with a kiss to my mom’s cheek as she made a funny face. Sehun couldn’t help but chuckle at us. “Auntie, I really missed you now that I’ve gotten a chance to relax a little bit more from school and dance.” He confessed his lips as his gaze fell slightly. The look on my mom’s face brightened and she softly nudged me, “Yah- move so I can cuddle with my baby parrot.” I almost scoffed but by the time I had exchanged seats with Sehun, I was hiding a smile. The two hugged each other and my mother patted his head with care. “My gosh, we may need to call the hair protective program on your hair if you add any more colors to it. I don’t want my nephew going bald.” I helplessly laughed at the thought of a bald Sehun. Oh, that would be humorous. “Yeahh.. I’m planning on washing it out in a few days. I really hate it.” Sehun reluctantly patted the sides of his head with a frown. “But, I may keep one color. Blonde? Maybe green...” He thought aloud to himself. I grimaced. Sehun with green hair? “Eww, no. You are not having Grinch hair.” I concluded his thoughts with a dismissive shake of my head. “Leave him, Huan. If the boy loses his hair, you have enough to make a wig for him.” She teased. I gasped. ‘No she didn’t.’

 

Sehun cracked a smile, showing me a small ‘merrong’ expression. I glared his way briefly before taking a part of my hair with my hand as I combed it. “Hahaha.” I said sarcastically as I peered out the ride that seemed to be near to ending. My mom smirked, “I’m not making fun of your hair, after all, where do you think you got it from?” She referred to the long pony tail she possessed that contained graceful and healthy hair come down to her waist. I was blessed with thick, brown long hair that’s been at my shoulders for about five years since I decided I would go Mulan and cut the weave that coated all of my back around the age of fifteen. I could be mistaken as the brunette Rapunzel some times. The thought of those times made me laugh. “Oh, right! We used to play that too. I’d be the prince and you’d be Rapunzel PFFT!” Sehun nearly hollered at the fond memory. I frowned, “Yeah, I also remember you convincing me to actually do it off the stair’s banister. You nearly pulled all my hair out.” I halfheartedly reached over to slap the laughing prince’s leg with a small smile. “Ah, that’s right. I seriously thought I could climb it, it was so thick and now… it’s short and normal looking.” Sehun pouted affectionately as he combed his fingers through my hair. I rolled my eyes, “That’s because I wasn’t trying to drag a freaking blanket everywhere I went. Besides, it was a hassle doing it.” I added, when he played with a few strands. My mother watched us interact before a thought came to mind. “Come here kids.” He arms reached mainly for me since I was the only one on the other side. I obliged, switching my spot as they scooted, giving me space to sit beside her on the left side.

 

“What’s up? I asked with interest. “I’m going to sing you both a song. Sing along with me when you remember, okay?” She informed before clearing shortly prepping herself. Sehun’s head peeked out so that he could see me on the other end. He and I both knew what was coming so it was best to say we were going to sing right when she said the first lyric.

“hui yi zhe chu ci xiang yu zuo zai ni shen pang shi shui ceng jing shuo tai xing fu hui que yang~ ai qing yi zhong zai xin li zi you de sheng zhang tong hua li de lang man xu yao yong xin qu pei yang~” She softly sang and I nodded immediately to get used to the sporadic melody I’d hear so many times prior. I bit my lip, waiting to sing my part with anticipation. It wasn’t long until I gained recollection of the song, so I followed after her. “xiang dai ni yi qi liu lang mu yu yang guang~ qu wan cheng wen nuan de xiang xiang~” I sang quietly but it was audibl

Please log in to read the full chapter