Meeting An Artist.

[ ☼ ] Bestly II: Saving The Souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

It was late in the afternoon and I decided I’d do a little shopping for me and Sehun. He still needed a useful matrass that didn’t hurt his back after hours of dancing, so the thought of ordering him one for next day delivery crossed my mind. I looked outside my window, figuring it wasn’t too cold since the sun was out yet I put a black beanie over my head just to make sure my ears were warm for safe keeping. I then grabbed from my purse, exiting the car by a light slam of the door leaving me walking on. I hadn’t been in town in a while so I noticed a few stores had recently opened. I strolled along the sidewalk in amusement; gazing in the shopping windows until I spotted a local matrass store. I hadn’t been here in a while but it seemed as if I had come yesterday the way the woman greeted me. “Hello, long time no see!” The lady walked up to me with a warm smile. I bowed, responding to her warm spirit before skeptically replying, “You remember me?”  I asked not specifically recalling ever meeting her. But it would be rude to act like I did and be dumbfounded later on. The woman only laughed, “You used to come in here with your mother and father every time and order from here. It was a long time ago, you were so small but your features are very familiar-you look just like your father.”  This made me think but still nothing triggered. I was young so maybe it didn’t stick well.

 

 “Oh, well..” I offered an apologetic smile when she shook her head, dismissing those times. “What can I help you with?” I took my time and glanced at the beds on display. “I’m looking for a matrass that I can have delivered next day perhaps.” I said, catching sight of a nice sized bed not too far from my sight. It wasn’t too big but long enough for him since he was taller than me. I walked over to it, lying down for a brief moment before getting up with a nod. It was comfortable too. “This one is a very good. Only $466.” The lady said leaving me to nod once more. Sehun was worth it. I bit my lower lip wondering where I could place it. I had quite the space in a spare room I never used, but I knew there were a few things in there I placed when I first moved in. I couldn’t recall what was in the room but I’m sure it was big enough for a bed and Sehun alone. I had to be sure to look through it when I got home. I’ll take it.” I assured, making a decision at the spot. The woman was pleased nonetheless. I suppose she liked clients who could be decisive rather than mess with time figuring things out; unprepared to make a choice is best way said.

 

Twenty minutes later I was out of the store with a receipt in my purse. I quickly crossed the street, fixating my eyes on a familiar café. I headed inside thinking of having something to snack on. I hadn’t really eaten much since I left home. Walking in line, I tilted my head, my lips parting as I thought up the choices in a whisper. “Hello, how may I help you?” The person at the register asked. “Hi, a strawberry milkshake and a strawberry cream cheese bagel-toasted.” I requested with a smile. I hadn’t had a milkshake in forever. With being hospitalized, and my mom’s home cooking I really didn’t go out much. I was afraid it was going to be like last time, but I was proud of myself. To be honest, I missed my friends.   A figure managed to brush up against me then and I tensed before looking over my shoulder with a frown. “Make that two strawberry milkshakes and add a sugar donut.” The person behind the register eyed me but I didn’t say much. I was simply staring at this person with a mindless smile. “$14.35: cash or credit, sir?” I slowly moved away as Joonmyun gave. Finally in response to my immobility, he smiled down at me. “It’s nice to see you, Huan.” It took me a while to stop smiling before I blinked dully. I hadn’t seen him since he won at the art gallery.

 

We were seated by a window, simply slurping from our shakes. “So,” He placed his cup on the table, his hand entwining as he
Please log in to read the full chapter