Chapter 41

There is no Plan B, Plan A will definitely work.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Hana’s POV[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2] 

[CONTENTID3]

My head was pounding and my eyes hurt when I opened them up. I felt cold. My body was cold. My hands went down in search for the blanket but I haven’t got to its end. I lifted my head up and this was when I noticed that there were two people on either sides of me. Hyomin and Kai.

Both of them had their backs to me, Hyomin had dragged the entire blanket off to herself and left both me and Kai revealed to the cruelty of the morning’s cold greeting. As I slowly started searching through the events that happened yesterday I remembered the endless crying and wailing I put everyone through. My eyes moved to the part of the room where light was fighting its way through. The curtains that darkened the room were still pulled in and blocked the view to the next door house. I was glad they did that.

I laid my head back down on the pillow. Everyone’s breathing rate was calm until Kai turned around and saw that I was up. I felt his eyes demanding a response from me. I turned my head towards him. His eyes traced my face. ‘’She’s pretty greedy isn’t she?’’ he said eyeing the person on the other side. My lips broke into a smile and I nodded. I slowly sat up and so did he. I was glad that he didn’t start the day by asking me if I was okay, I’m sure I’d fall into that depression again. As he stood up to pull open the curtains I said ‘’Stop’’ out loud. He froze and Hyomin woke up.

I didn’t want to see him.

He knew why I said stop and stepped away from the curtains.

 ‘’Oh, you guys are up.’’ Hyomin also sat up and watched Kai take a seat at the edge of the bed again. There was a complete silence for a few seconds. ‘’We should go downstairs for breakfast’’ Hyomin said taking a look at my face. She smiled seeing no tears climbing down my cheeks and sang to herself ‘’Time to eat pancakes.’’ She jumped out of bed and ran out whilst rubbing her hands together.

It took me a while to also get moving after Kai left the room to also get ready. I dragged my feet against the floor and reached my bathroom. The moment I got in front of the mirror I saw the bruise still imprinted on my neck. I stared and stared at it. It was something that I couldn’t erase that easily. I traced my fingers on top of it and memories of that morning suddenly sprung up. I placed my hands down on the sink and breathed out. It was hard. I still couldn’t process the fact that we were over and that there was slight possibility to get back with him, I couldn’t do it. I had reached the end.

I spent some time to cover it up and came back exhaling loudly, I walked out and took the long journey down the stairs. Arriving in the kitchen I sat down in my seat in between Kai and Hyomin and wrapped my hands around the mug which had hot steaming tea still swirling around in circles. ‘’Good morning’’ I said with a quiet but steady voice. It went better than I expected it to come out. Everyone responded back, I could see that they were still unsure if I was okay to speak or not. There were short conversations but it was mostly silent.

‘’I want to apologise’’ I said.

Everyone turned their faces to me, stopped what they were doing and listened at the slightly timid voice. ‘’ I couldn’t cherish my good friend, was a nuisance on the trip, didn’t listen to advice and couldn’t properly congratulate my family on a certain matter.’’ I said. My hands released from the mug for a second to cool down and then stuck to the walls of the mug again. ‘’I feel bad for what happened yesterday as well, thank you for taking care of me.’’ I said and lifted my head up. They almost looked shocked at my words, at my current state and my response to the break-up with Zico. I knew they expected a more devastated form of Hana but I let it all out yesterday. I wasn’t going to spend my days miserable from now on.

Yes, I was still hurt but it wasn’t time to make everyone around me worry because I kept crying. It was a step to make myself smile and a step to heal faster. ‘’I want to thank Kai for being here for me, Hyomin for her support and to congratulate you guys on the big news’’ I said and smiled. It was a real smile this time, my first one. ‘’Well… thank you Hana’’ my uncle said placing his hand on top of So Ra’s. I saw a smile building up on Hyomin and Kai’s faces.

I took a sip from the tea and then placed the mug back down. A knock on the door made everyone silent again. I got up. ‘’I got it’’ I said telling them to sit back down. I walked to the front door and had to listen to desperate knocking. Once I opened the door I saw the delivery man. ‘’Hello’’ I said smiling. My second smile today. He held up a brown box in his hand and a device in the other. ‘’Good morning, this is for you.’’ he handed the parcel over and the device so I could sign it off. ‘’Thanks, have a great day’’ he said. ‘’You too’’ I responded as he walked off to continue his job.

I closed the door with my back and looked at the sticker on it. It was for Hyomin. Knowing that she always buys shoes I yelled out: ‘’Hyomin your shoes are here!’’ She came rushing out slipping all over the floor. ‘’Give it to me!’’ she demanded. Before I handed it over to her she snatched it away. ‘’Do you know how long I waited for these?’’ she screamed.

I scratched the back of my head. Could she get any more aggressive than that? I looked up at the kitchen door and saw both my uncle and Kai poking their heads out. ‘’Girls stuff’’ I said and they went back.

Another knock on the door made me jump as I was right next to it. Hyomin stopped ripping the box apart and stared at the door. It took me to spin around on the heels of my feet to open the door up again. I stepped out of the door's way as I opened it and looked outside. The delivery guy again. ‘’Umm sorry to interrupt but there is someone lying in the middle of the street blocking the traffic and said that if you didn’t come out he wouldn’t move out of the way’’ he said apologetically for being a bother.

My heart reacted. Was it him?

‘’What?’’ someone asked behind me. I stepped out bare footed and walked out in the street, I saw that there really was a person lying there indeed but couldn’t exactly make out whom.

I walked forwards and reached by his side. ‘’What on earth are you doing here?’’ I asked frowning. ‘’Waiting for you’’ he said with a grin. He suddenly stood up and quickly got in front of me. ‘’Are you crazy, you can get yourself killed!’’ I exclaimed and saw a few neighbours opening their front doors.

He bent down, slipped his arms behind me and as he picked me up and he started running.

‘’What are you doing, put me down!’’ I started thrashing in every direction. ‘’Sunggyu bring her back here!’’ I heard Kai shout behind me. ‘’No freaking way, I was next in line.’’ he said, Kai didn’t hear it but I did.

When Sunggyu ran off with me from my house Kai had already started chasing after us. ‘’Kai, he’s crazy!’’ I screamed but couldn’t control my laughter at all; the situation was funny because I was still in pyjamas and Sunggyu had kidnapped me in full view. ‘’Kai!’’ I screamed again but this time couldn’t finish my sentence because he ran as far as the train station and I just shut up, there were so many people there. Sunggyu ran inside the train station and jumped over the barriers you had to pay for at the entrance. I squealed and held onto him. He was definitely crazy. ‘’Sunggyu! I’m being serious, stop!’’ I tried to get him to listen but he had a one mind track.

What was going on?

‘’Hey! You! Stop right there!’’ a security guard screamed and I heard Sunggyu laugh. Is he out of his mind? ‘’Sunggyu I’m warning you!’’ Kai’s voice said that he was barely keeping up with us, he sounded out of breath. I thought that he was going to catch up to Sunggyu but I was wrong, Sunggyu had stamina for two. He stopped the trains’ doors and managed to get in and shut the doors in Kai’s face. He had released me down on the floor but held onto me while he turned towards Kai.

Sunggyu’s chest was moving up and down on my back from all of the running. I pressed my hand against the glass in front of Kai and looked him in the eyes. Kai then looked at Sunggyu and mouthed out ‘’It’s on’’.

I looked at Sunggyu and saw the huge grin on his face. ‘’He’s going to lose.’’ he whispered. He looked down at me and smiled. ‘’ What are you thinking?’’ I asked trying to hang onto something as the train moved forward.

There was nothing around me and he just grabbed me and pulled me closer. ‘’I’m thinking of sitting down.’’ he said and grabbed my hand. ‘’Stop being funny and answer my question’’ I said trying to get him to talk. I got my sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter