Her

Mr. MVP

                My name is Park Erica, I wrote this letter online and passed it to our school blog as an anonymous sender, only the administrator of our school blog knows who I am. My ex-boyfriend is the current star player of our school, East Asia University (EAU). His name is Jeon Jungkook. We have a league every year called Universiade, it is being broadcasted on live TV. I see him there all the time, and sometimes I even buy tickets to the game and see him.

                My friends told me how much of a fool I am to let him go. But am I really? I don’t think so, if I didn’t do that he’ll keep on neglecting his team and his training to the point where he wouldn’t be able to play.

“If I didn’t he’ll be regretting not being able to fulfill his dreams while he is still young.” I told my friends.

                Besides, if I didn’t let him go, he wouldn’t have found that girl, he looks at her the same way he used to look at me. Those eyes I knew so well is once again bright and smiling only to a different girl. It hurts to see him be able to love once again and move on from me when I can’t even let him disappear from my thoughts. I love him, and I still do but because I love him, I am going to hide these feelings and pretend like I already moved on. I told him I found someone new, I know I lied, but it was the only way I knew.

                So after almost two years I wrote the letter hoping it will be the last piece of thought I’ll have of him because now I am going to move on, I am going to let him go, I am going to live my life and fulfill my dreams now that he fulfilled his.

                After breaking up with him, I shifted courses, from Mechanical Engineering, to Computer Science. Most of the subjects I've taken up as an ME student were credited so I didn't have much trouble. I am now on my last year in college, and I just finished my on the job training (OJT). Now I have research papers, and projects to work at but before that, we have our semestral break that’s two weeks long.

                The pace of moving on may be slow, but I am willing to take every step of it. And what more can a girl ask but a nice make over and a little work out. On the first day of our semestral break, I went to the salon, I told them that I want an ombre hair that starts from black at the roots to brown, down to blonde at the bottom. I preferred to keep it long and just had it dyed, my next step is my wardrobe. I realized I didn’t have much clothes because he always told me that no matter what I wear, I was always beautiful to him. I had my best friend help me with everything and she willingly agreed. They even had me have spa treatments, facials and massage, she told me a girl needs time for recuperation. Next is our work out. I have always loved dancing, so at first we went to dance studios and worked out through dancing, on the fourth day of semestral break, she took me to an actual gym, applied me for membership and then have work out sessions with experts. Thrice a week, I go to the gym. On the last two days of semestral break, I prepared everything I needed for school, I bought school supplies and everything else I need, and most of all, I prepared myself to go to school as a new me.

                On this year’s Universiade, EAU and Stardale University, both with twice to beat advantage will be competing for the gold. The first to win two out of three rounds will win. On the first final’s game, EAU won, but on the second, SU won by landslide. Frustrating isn’t it? Especially because Mr. MVP didn’t even score a point except for free throw points.