Park Erica

Mr. MVP

                After posting the entrée, I bagged my laptop and had one last look around the studio unit I lived in for my whole college life. I released a deep breath and then proceeded to carrying my luggage in the taxi I called earlier. I started carrying the bags one by one loading it in the compartment of the taxi and with one last look, I rode the taxi and left.

                The place became smaller and smaller in my eyes and soon I can’t even see it anymore. I’ve come a long way, I’ll be continuing and finishing my last days in college on the second branch of EAU five hours away from the first branch where I began studying.

                I can proudly smile now, the pain that once haunted me is gone. I might have moved on but I’ll never forget the memories we shared. It felt nice to be able to move on. After a long time of hurting and crying myself to sleep I have finally stopped and now my heart and mind is in peace knowing the both of them will be fine.

                I couldn’t tell them my goodbyes in person, I can’t approach Jungkook, It’s hard to do so. And I can’t tell Hanah, I don’t want to see her cry and tell me to stay because I know I’d give in to her. I became selfish once again and left them without seeing them in person first. I kept a picture of both Hanah and Jungkook inside my wallet, a reminder that whatever happens in my past became a contribution of who I became now, and these people are part of it.

                I left right away when I received the transfer letter from the university, I packed my bags and didn’t tell even my classmates where I was going. After I leave I know a lot of people will know who I am, especially my classmates and teachers because I am the only girl that goes missing without a proper goodbye just in time that the third entrée was posted. I am going to be strong, I will move on completely. After graduation will be the last time that I’ll ever be hearing from Hanah and Jungkook but I wish them all the best.

                I’m already prepared to leave all the people I know and start again somewhere far away where I know nobody, I’m prepared to leave the place I used to call home. Now, I have a new place to call home, a new place where I will begin another chapter of my life. I will not regret my decision and I hope this time around I will be ready to face the reality that nothing will ever be the same as it used to be.