Jeon Jungkook

Mr. MVP

                I was at the athlete’s quarter when I read the letter. I called Hanah and told her about it. I have training in in three hours and I was anxious. Hanah came to the quarters to talk to me about the letter.

“Go, if you don’t come back in time, we’ll cover for you.” Suga, our captain told me when he saw me anxious with Hanah.

“But…” I wasn’t able to finish my words.

“Go, here are my keys, take my car. We’ll take care of it.” Namjoon another one of my team mates said.

“Thank you so much.” I said before holding on to Hanah’s hand and together we ran. I drove as fast as I can to Erica’s dormitory.

“Please be there.” Hanah kept on repeating. I wanted to assure her that she will be there but I can’t.

                Now that I know that Erica is not just my ex-girlfriend but also Hanah’s best friend, I became more thankful to her. I know now how much Erica has sacrificed for me. Erica is an orphan, she grew up with her aunt, and when we graduated high school, she left her aunt and went to live in a small studio unit not too far away from EAU. She left all because she wanted to be with me. And now she is leaving again because she wants me and Hanah to be happy.

                I parked my car in front of the apartment buiding and knocked on her door.

“Erica, open the door, please.” Hanah and I kept on knocking until we gave up.

                Hanah sat tiredly on the floor with tears, and I hit the door strongly one more time before giving up and resting my arms on the door and and my forehead on my arms. I just kept on standing there.

“She’s gone, I can’t believe she left me without a proper good bye.”Hanah said. Just then, the land lady came.

“Are you Hanah and Jungkook, Erica’s friends?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“She wanted me to give you this.” She handed me a letter and I read it.

Hey guys,

                I knew you’re going to go here. There is a key inside this envelope, you can visit my studio unit anytime within this coming month. I left right after I got the notice that I am being offered a transfer. I didn’t want to let you know especially Hanah because I knew I’d give in to her if she tells me to stay. I also don’t have the courage to tell Jungkook because I am not part of his present anymore.

                I know you two are reading this. Don’t worry about me. From now on, I’ll be strong, I’ll smile. This is me now, don’t even hesitate on your feelings for one another, I am so happy for you.  

                I won’t hang on to my past, I'll begin with my present, I hope you two do the same. I wish you all the best. I’ll be watching your final game two days from now. I hope you take back the crown. Do your best and God will do the rest.

                Oh, and I almost forgot, a couple of months from now a novel I wrote will be published, it's called "The End" I hope you like it, that novel is dedicated to you two.

                Don’t forget to smile. You became my family when I was alone, I love you both.

Forever and always,

Erica

                I drove back just in time for training. My team mates looked at me and I managed to show them a small but genuine smile telling them I’m fine and I’ll be alright. I returned the car keys to Namjoon and thanked them all.               

                For the first time in a long time, I was genuinely happy, I don’t feel the weight pressing me down. I don’t feel pressured. I am ready, and just like Erica, I’ll be strong, I’ll be stronger than I was before. Not just for my school, but also for my team, my family, and for Hanah.