Erica

Mr. MVP

                I wrote another entree. I saw him tearing up right after the game, I knew he was frustrated so two days after the first entree, I wrote another one just to cheer him up. I heard so many people insulting him after the game, but he is still human after all, he still has his days. I didn’t think his girlfriend minded about the posts on the blog. Why? Because she even sent me a private message thanking me for trying to cheer Jungkook up.

                Hanah and I became friends since second year in college and she knew about me and Jungkook. She never told him about her friendship with me simply because I begged her not to. When he started courting her, she even asked for my permission.

“It’s fine, just take care of him and love him, make him forget the pain I inflicted on him when I left him hanging.” I told her.

                Hanah is the most considerate girl I’ve ever met, she followed my advice, she gave him all the love she can without forgetting herself in the process, she made him forget his past with me, she made the Jungkook I once knew come back. The bright, outgoing, noisy, and rowdy Jungkook, and I couldn’t ask for more.

                Secretly, Hanah and I meet up once in a while. She asks for my advice, and sometimes asks for a shoulder to cry on when they had a fight. They have been in a relationship for a little more than a year now, and I couldn’t ask for someone better for the two people that means a lot to my life.

                It’s time for me to concentrate on my studies now. No one said I need to forget in order to move on. I won’t forget, because who I am now, is also because of him, if I forget, it’s like neglecting six years worth of self-improvement, wasting six years worth of my life, so I wouldn’t forget, but I’ll move on, the pain I once felt inside will be forgotten and instead memories of my sweet first love will be remembered. Maybe someday, it will be my turn to find someone new. Maybe one of these days, I will have someone to love me more than he loved me before.

                A couple of years from now, I will be working. I am planning on working in an international company, maybe settle somewhere far away, and have my own family. I don’t really know, but all I know is that I already took one step in the process of moving on, and I have a lot more steps to take.

“Someday Hanah, I want you two to get married, and when you do, don’t forget to invite me.”

“People say it’s a mistake for letting him go, but you never told me anything as to why you did.”

“Because I wanted him to be who he is today, if I didn’t do what I did back then, he wouldn’t be who he is now, he wouldn’t be with you. I don’t regret anything Hanah, I am ashamed of lying, but it was the only thing I knew.”

                So maybe we wouldn’t end up together like in the movies, maybe we aren’t meant to be together in the first place. So now it’s time for me to find out who I am, after all, it will never be too late.

                Besides dancing, I also loved writing. I started writing my first book a couple of months ago, It’s entitled “The End”, it is a teen fiction short novel about the beginnings and endings of every chapter of life. On the front part is a dedication to Hanah and Jungkook, the story is after all inspired by our story so somehow a part of it is true to life.

                I saw Jungkook again when I passed by the gym a day after I posted the entree. He was concentrated on training, but he was smiling, he looked better than he did compared to the time after game 2. Hanah was also there, she saw me but I placed my index finger in my lips, telling her to keep quiet. I watched for a couple of minutes, and when the players took a water break and Hanah gave Jungkook his water bottle I smiled before turning around and leaving.