Qualifying Competition PT. 1

JenLisa (BlackPink) (JenniexLisa) (RoJisoo)

Lisa lazily flutters her eyes open, she looks around her room and notices rays of the morning  sun seeping through her blinds. With hazy eyes she groans, wishing it was still dark out. She pushes herself on her side to grab her phone then suddenly panics, she pushes herself out of bed realizing it’s competition day.

 

-oh .. It’s competition day! I mean I’m used to performing with my dance crew, but this is different! Ah. This is my first time rapping live, let alone participating in an acapella group. Oh my god. I’m so excited. And nervous, mostly excited, ahhh!-

 

-----------------------------------------

 

A yellow school bus comes to a stop outside of a modern built concert hall, members of the Queens acapella group begin to make their entrance one by one by stepping outside.

The other competing groups tried their best to ignore their entrance, but they can’t seem to stop themselves knowing that they’ve added two new extremely talented members.

Waves of whispers start to ignite as Rose and Lisa we’re the last two to step off the bus.

 

“Oh my god.. they must the two girls in the snapchat videos” “hmm.. are you sure?” “yes! Looks at them!” “Isn’t that Lisa from Queen dance crew OMG?!” “oh my god they’re perfect too” “! They’re practically models” “damn it” “stop paying attention to them! we need to practice right now” “I wonder if they’ll beat the Royals this year..?”

 

(The group was dressed in black skinny jeans with a flannel tied around their waists, they completed their look with an oversized vintage band tee and hi top vans. (Basically what Lisa & Rose wore on weekly idol)

 

Rose and Lisa glance at each other in confusion, they decide to ignore the stares and chatter they were receiving and continued to walk over to practice with their group outside in the courtyard.

 

Their captain decides to speak up and says:

 

“Alright guys, I’m proud of you all. Even though today is only the qualifying rounds before the semi finals, I don’t expect anything less from you. Rose and Lisa, with this being your first competition. Don’t let anyone get into your head alright? You two have been doing amazing, I’m excited to show you guys off because this is the first time we’re having two newcomers lead a show. Alright, let’s practice.”

 

The group of 11 dispersed into their formations and quietly rehearsed. Just as they got through their piece a couple of times, they heard other surrounding acapella groups start to gradually squeal.

 

Just as Lisa was about to ask what was going on, her other members had already trailed off behind a mass of other students surrounding the courtyard entrance.

 

Because Lisa couldn’t see what was going on, she grabbed Rose’s arm and pushed through the crowd to try and get a visual of what was occurring. Rose continued to furrow her eyebrows as she looked over to Lisa, but Lisa shrugged her shoulders not knowing what to say.

 

Lisa and Rose decided to follow the eyes of the crowd and they watched one more smaller sized bus enter in front of the concert hall.

 

Rose: Who are they freaking out about?

*as she stands on her tippie toes to try and peek over the crowd*

Lisa shrugs and responds: I have no idea..

*wiggling back and forth the find and open space to see*

 

Rose then quickly reads the black painted letters on the side of the bus, her eyes widen, and she tugs on Lisa’s arm to bring Lisa’s ear towards her and says:

Oh! My! God! It’s Royals high school Lisa! Jennie and Jisoo are here!!

 

Lisa furrows her eyebrows and pretends to act like she’s just as excited as Rose, but in reality, Lisa has no idea who the Royals are. Lisa had been too busy with her dance crew these past three years to even keep up with the huge acapella scene.

 

The smaller bus screeches to a stop, and the tinted doors open.

Members dressed in black and white urban street attire started to make their way out of the bus, each member had their own type of undeniable swag. Each of them began to wave to their fanboys and fan girls as they entered the building.

 

Just before Lisa thought that was it, she noticed everyone else preparing their cameras and phones as if some celebrities were about to exit the bus.

Just as Lisa was about to leave, she stopped and watched as Jisoo’s shoes step onto the pavement. Lisa checked Jisoo out and was heavily impressed by how pretty Jisoo was.

 

-ohh. I see..I get it now. She’s quite pretty-

 

Jisoo’s dorky smile appeared on her face, and she continued to stop and take photos with multiple acapella groups. While Jisoo continued to greet their fans, it was then Jennie’s turn to exit the bus.

The screams from the crowd were loud before, but now it’s was just obnoxious.

 

Lisa tore her eyes away from Jisoo and tried to look over to watch Jennie’s grand entrance, but sadly she only saw parts of Jennie’s tiny figure due to the crowdedness.

 

(Jennie was dressed in torn black baggy boyfriend jeans, white doc marten boots, pitch black rounded sunglasses, a black hat, and a black urban hoodie to hide the rest of her performance attire.)

 

Lisa tried her best to get a better glimpse of the hometown celebrities, but Jennie had covered her face with a hat, sunglasses, and of course had to have her hood on to hide herself from the constant chaos.

 

Lisa continued to only catch glimpses of Jennie as she watched her gently wave to her fans and then disappeared the concert hall.

 

Lisa watched Rose continue to fangirl over the pair of hometown celebrities, so Lisa playfully rolled her eyes not knowing the impact Jisoo and Jennie have made in the acapella world. The crowed finally settled down and proceed back to their previous locations in the courtyard.

 

---------------------------------------

Jennie’s POV

 

Jennie followed her other members into their private suite inside the concert hall, the suite had food, drinks, a speaker playing some energetic music, and basically everything the group requested. You receive this kind of service if your a capella group previously won the final competition title, and that's what the Royals did. They’ve won the title for three years in a row.

 

As Jennie made her way to the edge of the suite, she placed her delicate hands along the railing. She took of her sunglasses and sighed as she watched over six hundred students, teachers, parents and acapella fans enter the large concert hall to take their seat.

 

On the other hand, Jisoo continued to be her relaxed self and kept entertaining her other members by tossing skittles in the air and attempting to catch them with . She then stops and notices Jennie quietly analyzing the crowed by herself, Jisoo decides to stop entertaining and grabs a water bottle for Jennie. The rest of the members continue to have a great time while tossing skittles in the air and fooling around.

 

Jisoo slowly walks over to Jennie and places a hand on Jennie’s shoulder,

 

Jisoo: Hey... Jendeuk. I got you a water.. is.. everything alright?

*Jennie glances over at Jisoo and offers her a thankful smile.*

Jennie: Ah.. yes unnie, everything is great.. I’m just... sad.. knowing that this is our last qualifying round we’ll ever do.. Then it’ll be our last semi final competition… then our last final competition and then.. all of this;

*she gestures at the the room, then at her and Jisoo*

Is over.. Then we graduate, move on with our lives and this.. this will all turn into a memory of our teenage youth, you know? Everything I’ve put my blood sweat and tears into is turning into it’s last chapter, ahh I don't know, nevermind..

*Jennie slowly turns back to watch the current acapella group on stage *

*Jisoo sympathetically looks at Jennie, understanding every word she said.*

 

Jisoo: I feel the same way Jennie..

*Jennie gives Jisoo a questioning look*

Jisoo giggles and says: I really do Jennie, I know I’m always so goofy and upbeat, and I’ve always complained about school.. But I’m going to miss this too Jenduke. You and I have dedicated our entire high school careers to build our acapella dream that we’ve had since we were little kids. But just so you know Jennie.. Once this chapter closes, another one will open.. And I mean look in a freakin mirror for once! You’re Jennie Kim! Hah, you’re gonna be a kpop star anyway hahaha.  

*Jennie smiles at Jisoo and playfully pushes her arm*

Jennie: oh shut up.. you know what, you’re not that lame .. sometimes.

*Jisoo pinches Jennie’s cheeks*

Jisoo: Oh you adore me Jennie.. Anyways, I’m hungry bye!

*Jisoo smiles and quickly turns back to the rest of the members*

 

*Jennie rolls her eyes, smiles and sighs once again*