A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin Pt.20

A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin

Before I realized it, you’re already all that I think about  – Seo-Yun

 

The exams results were released.

Not excellent grades, but they were decent enough for me.

And of course, these put me in a great mood.

 

I sat on the ledge of the rooftop, feeling the coldness of the December draft blowing all over me.

It’s the last day of school….I thought.  Yet, a melodic sadness was rising within me. Was it because I won’t get to see him anymore?

I didn’t like this feeling; I want it to be washed away, from my body, from my soul, from my entire entity. I want to release this bitter sorrow within me.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I shouted to the open air. A strong breeze returned my response, blowing all my troubles, my worries and my sadness along with it.

Then out of the blue, like a motion picture being slowed down, I felt a force pulled me backwards and sent me spiral behind into a warm hold. A familiar scent washed over me and shrouded me in comfort.

 

“Aishh!”  I heard that delightful voice talked in frustration. “What are you trying to do again?”

That pair of arms wrapped around me tightly yet gently like an iron protective cage. I looked up in a moment, confused by the abrupt turn of events and found myself loss in a pair of dark chocolate orbs.

“Taemin?” My lips spoke out automatically at the face I adored.

The young idol frowned at me, with eyes sparking out fits of anger. “What are you trying to do by sitting at that ledge? Are you trying to kill yourself?”

The words took a while to register and another moment to understand his sudden anger towards me.

I gave a short laugh at the misunderstanding.

“I’m not trying to kill myself.” I gently peeled myself off his embrace. Any longer in his hold and my heart will probably thrash around in maddening beats. “I was just….enjoying the breeze and releasing my stress.”

He looked at me in exasperation. “That’s not the way to do that.”

I chuckled and turned back to the rooftop scenery. “That just reminds me of the first time I met you. It’s the same as today.” The memories came flooding back to me.

“Today is the last day that I will be here, on this rooftop.” I continued and stared at the reddish orange horizon – the sun was already setting.

“That’s right.” He finally spoke out. “It’s going to be the last day in this school for us. We’ll be graduating from this school soon.”

His words struck a chord in my heart – I didn’t like the truth in those words. Not one bit.

“Yeah.” That was all I could force myself to say.

 

Is this farewell for the both of us?

 

“But that doesn’t mean we can’t meet up.” I turned and faced his grinning face. “We still got each other’s contacts.”

“We can still meet up?” I could barely contain the excitement upon his words.

“Well…” he brushed his soft brown hair with his hair awkwardly. “I was thinking about spending Christmas together, after my Music Bank performance. I mean as friends…we can do gift exchange right?” He glanced at me with an expectant look of a child.

He probably had no idea how happy he has made me at this very second.

“Yes…” I breathed. I couldn’t contain the bright smile on my lips. But I couldn’t care less at the moment.

He wants to meet me…

He wants to meet me…

“So it’s a promise? We meet by the playground and won’t leave till we see each other?” He raised his little pinkie to me.

“It’s a promise.” I answered by hooking my pinkie with his; our thumbs meeting each other to seal the pact. “We won’t leave till we see each other.”

We both looked into each other’s eyes and smile. The soft reddish sunlight cast a wonderful glow on him. I’m mesmerized….

Really…I’m like an idiot in love.

******

“Hello? Earth to Seo-Yun?” I was interrupted a hand waving right in front of my face.

I snapped back to reality and looked at a slightly bothered Alex. It was already night time and as usual, I was doing the seemly never-ending ‘night patrols’ with Alex.

“What were you thinking so deeply about? I’ve been trying to get your attention for the past few minutes.” He asked, puzzled.

I gave a slight cough at being caught day-dreaming.
“Nothing, I didn’t hear you. I was listening to music. See?” I raised my ear plugs as a defense to my outright lie. “Anyway, what you want to talk to me about?”

“Oh…” he looked at the road ahead of us. “I was thinking….would you want to join me for Christmas at home with my family? It’s been ages since you came over to my house.” He gave a grin. “My mum and dad miss you.”

“I can’t.” I threw Alex an apologetic look. “I made a promise with someone.”

“Is it with that guy? Lee Taemin?”  He cast a glance at my surprised expression. “Guess as much.” He mumbled. He kicked a random little stone in his path. “Why him?”

My face blushed. “I don’t know.” I answered truthfully and gazed into the distance. “By the time I realized it, my head was already filled with him. His words, his expressions, his laughs…”

I sighed, wondering whether I was answering to Alex’s question or to my own heart.

“It’s a strange thing…being in love.”

 

He remained silent to my revelation. I gave a side-glance at his poker face, and for the first time, I couldn’t read what was on his mind.

“Are you angry?” I propped, worried if I had done anything wrong.

“No…” he replied tiredly. “It’s just that Seo-Yun…I…”

“Wait!” I cut him off. Something in the wind was screaming at me.

A strong wave of blood scent hit me right in the face and bombarded my entire senses. A black figure materialize itself from the darkness, its mouth was dripping an ominous red liquid.

I grimaced. “It’s here.”

 


#Author's note - In a blink, it has been 20 chapters. That's really fast (o.o);;

I hope you like the story so far. By the way, I'm also awaiting for the release of my exam results. (>_<)!

Sorry for the short note, its only 7a.m now. Hohohohoho~

Please subscribe and comment! :D