A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin Pt.8

A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin

Taemin didn’t appear in this chapter so I shall compensate by offering this cool image of him ;)

 

A strong breeze blew over and the creatures momentarily shielded their faces with their arms. But this was no ordinary breeze. Like sharp knives, the wind instantly through their chests and they howled in pain before disappearing into thin air. The breeze died down and I took a deep breath. My senses suddenly heighted and I rolled to a side, barely dodging a sneak attack meant for me. I swirled around and saw one I didn’t finish. It looked different from the earlier ones. It looked less human than the rest and has a more shadowy figure instead.

Years of experiences told me this creature was the stronger one and probably the reasons why the other creatures had gathered. Another strong breeze picked up and I appeared right behind it. Realizing the wind had no effect on it; I grimaced and realized I had to use a stronger attack. I placed both my hands forward and a shot of tornado blast from my opened palms and straight through the creature’s body. Like the rest, it gave a howl and disappeared into thin air. I double-checked the area to make sure the coast is clear before letting down my guard. I approached to the two human hostages who were unconscious and checked their pulses. Assured that they were still alive, I left the area and decided to walk my way back. I finally spotted a bus stop in the distance and made my way to rest there. I was drained of energy and getting pale from all these tedious activities.

Tonight’s work had been especially tiring since I had handled five of them at a go. While waiting for any random bus to arrive, my mind trailed to numerous thoughts.

Anyone reading about my life-story would find the super-natural things within it ridiculous. Of course they are not to blame. Too many of us had been living life under completely normal conditions that we couldn’t bring ourselves to believe the paranormals. We never seemed to question much about un-naturals deaths reported in news or anything like that. Perhaps it also has to do with how those creatures work. As soon as they approached someone, the person would lost consciousness and not realized what has happened whilst those creatures laid out their vicious attacks on them.

I looked up at the night sky – there wasn’t any star again. I sighed and watched the vapor that escaped from my lips. I am definitely un-normal. I frowned at the thought of it. With the ability to summon, control and travel like the wind; I stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd of humanity. From as long as I could remember, I had this ability and had practiced them over the years. I was enlisted to work for the government secretly and helped them handle these paranormal activities that couldn’t be solved with current weaponry. There were a couple of us in Korea. Min Jee is considered as our manager who sorts out our tasks. And unlike those on television shows, the government actually gave us rather much freedom and normality to our lives. In fact, it was Min Jee who assigned me to go to school. Perhaps she saw school as a way for me to have some normality in my crazy life. And that was the place where I met Taemin. I smiled at the irony of the situation.

Taemin probably thought his idol life was not so normal as compared to the rest. But compared to me, I smiled in disbelief; he probably had enjoyed a lot more normal life than he thought he has. Of course he wouldn’t know that. It has to be kept from a secret from him – least he freaked out from the real truth about this world. Maybe it’s good he didn’t know too much about me, I shouldn’t be that close to him and let him discovered a side of me that will probably shattered his version of reality.  I closed my eyes and psyched the thoughts into my mind.

The bus’s arrival broke my thoughts and I got up to flag for the bus. My sudden movements made me stumbled for a bit and I realized how weak I was. I guessed I need a couple of days’ break to regain my health again.


#Author's note - In a blink of an eye, it has been eight chapters hasn't it? That's 7,700 words I have written and 7,700 words you have read if you have been reading since chapter 1. Gosh...that's quite a mouthful isn't it? Really thank you for sticking with me this far. *bows* Thanks to my subscribers and people who have commented on my story. Its nice to know there are people out there who acknowledge my writing skills to a certain extent. But I know there are rooms for improvements so I will work hard!

And finally, (I hope) everyone know Seo-Yun's secret by now right? I know its a bit weird to mash supernatural stuffs in a fanfiction but ahhhh, I can't resist (>_<) Nowadays, my head is filled with thoughts about Seo-Yun. After all, Seo-Yun can be said to be a part, not all, but a part of me. When I think about Seo-Yun and her troubles, I get slightly distressed. I guess it has to do with my slightly depressing personality in the end. 

Hahahahahaha~ forgive my long rantings. It must have been the effects of exams (~_~)