A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin Pt.24

A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin

 

I never meant to lie to you – Seo-Yun

 

As I watched the car charging towards Taemin, memories of Appa and umma burst through my thoughts, reminding me of those past pains that had struck my heart numb.

No…not him too!

Never in my life had I so badly wished for time to give me a few more milliseconds. Seconds fade into vastness of time as I reached out my hand desperately towards him.

I grasped hold of his arm, wanting to pull him away, only to find a lack of strength to do so.

I cursed silently in my head as I stare at the closing distance between us and the car. By now, even I could feel the stiffness in Taemin’s body as his instinct finally kicked in at the onslaught of the impending danger.

 

I took a sharp breath, wrapped my arms around him and swept off with a strong breeze.

We landed on the spot a few feet behind the suddenly stopped vehicle. My chest was heaving up and down furiously, my hands continued to grip on him tightly as I swallowed the burning lump in my dry throat.

I wanted to see the expression on Taemin’s face, to check if he was alright. But I wasn’t even allowed a full second as my appalled gaze locked onto the skidding car, grating and squealing as it twisted around and changed its course. It was coming for us again – like we were the magnet attracting it towards us.

 

As I rushed towards the oncoming car, I was fully aware of the mistake I was making right in front of Taemin. How much of my secret has he seen?

Yet knowing it was not a choice for me to stop.

 I couldn’t let anyone die because of me again.

I raised one opened palm towards the car and forced a strong gust of wind from it. Like a cushion, the wind shoved back the approaching car, slowing it down.

But the force was depleting me more than I had expected. My body felt like an empty water bag being rigged dry.

Yet I persisted, watching as the car finally slowed to a stop.  My knees trembled and buckled under my weight and I slumped to the ground, my hands were the only support that was stopping me from lying completely down on the tar floor.

 

I heard a shuffle of footsteps hurrying towards me and I shot my head around.

“Don’t come any closer!” I shouted out, almost breathlessly. “Go check out your hyungs instead.”

I turned my head back and faced the Shadow instead, trying to ignore the stunned expression displayed on Taemin’s face.

It can’t be helped. I bit my lips angrily. If he were to come any closer, he might be unconscious from the Shadows’ presence like any ordinary human and even I, may not be able to protect him properly then.

I made myself to stand up, trying to ignore the strains in my entire body. My legs wobbled in protest but I steadied myself.

I couldn’t let the creature before me have the pleasure of observing my weakened state.

With another strong breeze blowing by, I charged right at it.

 

What the hell is going on?!

Taemin’s mind was filled with frantic thoughts. Just a few seconds ago, he was waving at the company car to welcome back his Shinee hyungs and then realized the car was charging straight at him. Before he could even blink his eyes, Seo-Yun grabbed him and they magically appeared right behind the vehicle. Then she stood right up to the oncoming vehicle once again and strong winds came out from nowhere and slowed down the car before his very eyes.

Once he came round to his senses, the first thing that greeted his sight was a paled-face and exhausted Seo-Yun, kneeling weakly on the road. Panic rose within him and he found his legs hurrying towards her.

“Don’t come any closer!” her hostile voice struck painfully in his heart. “Go check out your hyungs instead.” She warned.

 

My hyungs!

His eyes widened and he rushed towards the vehicle, slid opened the door hurriedly and found each of them completely safe and unharmed.

“Hyungs, wake up!” He tried to shake his unconscious hyungs. But they were too deeply asleep to be woken up.

His eye switched back frantically to Seo-Yun’s direction.

He was at loss about what he saw, what to do and what to believe. Nothing was making sense anymore….

But his heart stopped when he saw Seo-Yun. That monster (he didn’t know what to call it other than that) wrapped a clawed hand around her neck, lifting her high up above the ground.

“Seo-Yun!” Taemin shouted and rushed to her.

******

“Seo-Yun!” I heard his voice ring out.

I don’t have the will to fight against this Shadow as longer, but the very sound of his voice strike a nerve in me. If I don’t stop this demon right now, who will protect the rest of the people in the area?

Damn it! Damn it!

I channeled my frustration like a battery to my drained sprit; feeling a jolt of adrenaline throughout my body. With a burst of strength, I kicked my foot up to the Shadow’s arm. The blow caused it to loosen its hold. 

This opening was than enough. I curled my fist and struck the air, sending barraging wind waves right at its throat. It went right through and left a large empty hole in return.

The Shadow howled in pain and dissipates into the air.

Finally…it’s really over.

 

Almost immediately, I collapsed to the floor like a cut-off marionette, expecting the sheer impact of the hard floor to greet me.

But something warm and soft embraced me before any harm comes to me instead.

I looked up and saw a fluff of light-honeyed hair swaying in the breeze.

“Alex?”

Your partner threw you an anxious look. “I can’t believe….oh god….I thought I was too late.” He picked me up and hugged me tightly. “I’m so sorry for letting that Shadow to reach you. It was too fast for me to catch on.” He blamed himself.

I shook my head. “It’s fine. It wasn’t your fault.” I said half-heartedly; the focal point of my world now lies onto the Taemin that was standing right before me. His expression betrayed nothing of the shock and disbelief that he has.

 

His liquid chocolate eyes were penetrating – trying desperately, I assumed, to understand this side of me that he never knew I had.

I disliked that look in his eyes; it was as if, he was looking at a stranger with fear.

I didn’t want him to look at me that way. I couldn’t bear to know what he was thinking of at this very instant.

A wave of dizziness hit me but luckily Alex’s arms were still around me to support my tired body. I felt something warm, wet and sticky running down my nose.

“Seo-Yun!” He breathed out in horror. “Your nose is bleeding.”

Before I completely gave into the darkness that was framing my vision, I whispered into Alex’s ears.

“Take me home….”

My heart throbbed in pain as I closed my eyes and feel tears streaming out from the lids. “Take me away from him…”

 


#Author's note - Here's the new chapter! How is everyone enjoying their Christmas? For me, it's to stay at home and review the chapters =x 

I don't really feel the Christmas Spirit this year....omo~ (T^T) But the comments and subscribers are making me happy!

Thanks to my loyal readers and my loyal commentors - JemKyu, kprincess1995, wintersnow, dreamer_KKLG, jelly143 and new commentors - SHINeeGeppyy, MaeLee, TowHuu, shugiimonster and Jublianthearts

If I missed anyone out, I'm terribly sorry....I'm bad at tracking stuffs (its seriously one of my weakness! Aigooo...)

Please subscribe and comment! :D