A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin Pt.26

A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin

 

A black and white picture of Taemin to suit the mood =x

 

Large gray raindrops hit against the clear window panes, striking a melodic sad music in the dimly lit room.  I touched the glass surface, feeling the iciness against my contact.

This feeling resemble the state of my heart – numb, cold and tired.

A girl’s face stared lifelessly at me from the window’s reflection, it was my own face; worn-out from all the heartache.

 There were no tears now – the raining sky has cried it all out for me.

I gave a bitter laugh. It has been a week since then….

 

A soft click noise interrupted my thoughts and I turned around to see Alex at the door.

“Hey…” I gave off a weak smile; it was all that I could muster.

He raised the two steaming mugs in his hands. “Hot chocolate?”

“Thanks…” I whispered and took a mug from him, feeling a new warmth in my hold. “Shouldn’t you be at home?” I placed the mug on the window ledge. I was in no mood to drink or eat anything. I just want to keep on feeling this empty sensation within me.

He glanced at my mug. “It’s okay. I told my parents that I’m held up at work.”

“Oh.” I glanced back to the window, watching at the dull gloom hovering over the city landscape. “I want to go back to school, Alex.”

“You can’t.” He bluntly replied. “We’re not allowed to take that risk once we’re exposed.”

“I know.” I turned around and gave him a pleading look. “Just let me go back there one last time for the graduation…to close things off. After that, I will disappear from the area. Please…?”

Alex frowned in disapproval, but he eventually gave a sigh and relented. “Really…Seo-Yun, you’re the one person I couldn’t go up against.” He walked up to me hesitantly, raised his hands and swiftly brushed a stray lock of hair away from my face.

“I know.” I gave him a sincere smile and gazed into his dark eyes that were raging with conflict. “I’m sorry for putting you through this trouble.”

“Glad that you know…” he murmured. His voice was dark and his face startled me – his expression was torn and almost pained.

 

I stared at him in confusion. Why was he looking like this? Is it because of me? I felt the anger and frustration welling inside me; I was thoroughly mad at myself since I was the one who had caused him this misery because of my own pathetic state.

I shook off the feelings. “Let’s go.” I said.

******

Minho hyung stole a worried glance at his maknae as they sat inside the company car; they were going to make a quick stop at Taemin’s school to grab his graduation certificate before rushing out to the Star King show.

Taemin was making a call on his handphone again.

He frowned. It didn’t take a genius to guess who he’s calling. The apprehensive expression on his maknae’s face says it all.

He watched intently as his maknae’s face lit up for a split second before disappointment hits his face and he simply muttered something in the phone before hanging up.

“It’s the voice message again?” Minho hyung couldn’t help but asked out of concern.

Taemin’s eyes stared out of the window, watching the scenery that was passing by in a blur. He shut his eyes tight as his fingers moved up to massage the bridge of his nose, trying to release the tension of his brows.

“Yeah…” he muttered. Has it been one week since that incident? It felt like decades to him. He sighed. He had already lost count the number of voice message he had left in her phone.

 

Why wasn’t she picking up?

She wants to avoid you…a little voice popped up in his head.

No…he refused to believe it.

She has already left you….the little voice continued on. You won’t see her ever again…

He banged his fist against the car window to silence that voice.

“Omo Taemin…? You’re alright?” Onew hyung spoke out in surprise.

 

Taemin simply mumbled an apology and looked out to the moving scenery again.

His Shinee hyungs exchanged worried glances with each other, the secret message was evident between them – All of them are concerned for their precious maknae. Yet they knew deep down that there was no actions or words that would solve the trouble in their maknae’s heart. The best thing was to leave him alone and let time heal the wounds.

 

“We’re here.” Manager hyung broke the silence by pulling up at the school’s gate.

“I’ll be back soon.” Taemin muttered, putting on a cap over his head and slide open the door.

 

The school was almost empty of students since the graduation’s ceremony was long over. However a couple of persistent female students were still waiting at the gate for him, screaming and dashing towards him.

He paused in his steps and flashed out his fake bright smile, calmly took out his pen, signed a few autographs and gathered the fan gifts thrown at him. No matter what he was feeling at the moment, years of SM training has allowed him to switch on the ‘idol’ mode automatically. It was annoying, but nonetheless, useful at times like these.

After muttering a few sorry’s, he squeezed out of the group, kept his head low and made quick steps towards the staff office.

******

“Here’s your certificate.” His class teacher handed the official document to him. “It’s a pity you’re going to leave this school eh? You’re going to break a lot of female hearts.” The older man winked at him.

Taemin returned an awkward smile. He just wants to get this over and done with. This place held too many memories that were dear yet sad to him…

“Aish!” A female voice cuts through the office loudly. “I forgot to pass Seo-Yun’s her grade slips.” Taemin’s head shot up at the mention of her name.

“Maybe you can catch up to her?” His teacher replied back to the troubled female teacher. “She’s just here a while ago.”

 

A while ago…

A while ago…

The words replayed over and over his head.

A smile curved up at the corners of his lips. In a heartbeat, he was already dashing out of the office and up the stairs.

If she was just here and yet he didn’t pass by her…

His smile got wider at the thought.

It means she’s there….!

He reached the end of the stairs; a familiar sign – RESTRICTED ACCESS – greeted him once again. He was reminded of the first time he came here and as his hand rested on the doorknob, his heart pound nervously at the gamble he was taking.

Will she be there? Will she?

He took a deep breath, turned the knob and pushed open the door. Immediately, he was greeted by a familiar breeze and in his vision, he saw something that filled him with an indescribable happiness.

 

“Seo-Yun…” he breathed out.

 


#Author's note - For about 5 minutes, I accidentally uploaded the wrong chapter to the story. That's right...I'm a genius for this type of mistakes. Like Seo-Yun, I''m bad with numbers (>_<)

Just a random thought - What do you think of Alex? You hate him for being the extra person in the story line or you love him to bits for always being there for Seo-Yun?

I'm just curious about the idea with Alex~~~ Hee hee =x

Please subscribe and comment!