Wicked son

The secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School break is finally over. This time around me and my family didn’t go anywhere because they were busy with Yerim – well, they still are. My sister will go to college this year after graduation, so they’re looking for university. Yerim already has one in her mind, but it’s too far. Mama and Mommy are both against it. They’re so reluctant to let Yerim leave house and stay in the dorm.

Our mothers are too much sometimes. People will think we’re still a baby, but I’m not. Yerim isn’t a baby either. Oh yeah, I’m a grown man now. ? Check. Watching ? Check. Change of my voice? Coming soon, I guess? I mean, I feel my voice slightly changes just a little bit, but it could be just another flu.

“Hi, Squirt!” That’s my ‘Ty Wannie greets me at the school parking lot.

“Morning, ‘Ty Wannie! You drives the twins now? Where’s ‘Ty Joy?”

“Aunty Joy is down with a really bad cold and flu.” She sighs, “And unfortunately Destiny got sick too.”

“Oh no, my baby…” Mama approaches Desire. “Are you okay?”

“I’m good, Aunty Hyun. I have super blood. I rarely get sick.” Desire answered smugly.

“Actually no, Desire.” My Aunty said. “You eventually will get sick too if your twin sister is sick.” She stares at my Mama, “That’s why I want to ask if my boy can stay at your house for a couple days until Sooyoung and Destiny are well. What do you think, Joohyun?”

I look at Mama, “Please say yes!” I ask, knowing this means Desire will have sleepover with me.

Mama hums and stares at me intensely. I just grin and try to charm her. “It’s still school day, so you’re not allowed to stay up late. Don’t play that reservoir game at home, and don’t gang up at your sister.”

“I never gang up on Yerim!” I protest.

“Does this mean I can stay at Squirt’s house?” Desire asks.

“Didn’t you two hear what I just said before?” Mama asks back.

We high-five and say in unison, “Yes! Got it!”

‘Ty Wannie chuckles, “Thank you and I’m sorry, Joohyun.”

“Don’t mention it.” Mama says. “Do you need anything?”

“Nah, I’m good. I’ll take them to hospital if their fever not getting any better. Sooyoung can be such pain in my when she’s sick.”

“I remember,” Mama Chuckles. “She’s a big baby.”

“You know it.”

“Alright, be a good boy, you two.” Mama fixes my messy hair. “I will pick you up again later. Have fun at classes, okay?”

Desire and I bid goodbye to the adults, and then we walk pass the school gate. We meet Nick and he approaches us. He give a light punch on Desire’s stomach, “How do you feel, big guy?”

“Ouch, what do you mean?” He rubs his stomach.

“Your first shot!” Nick whispers so that only we can hear him.

“You know?” I ask.

“Of course, Renjun told us about how you ruined his blanket!” He laughed. “What about you, Mirae?”

“I – uh… I got .” I tell him truthfully.

“Yeah? You’ll get there soon.” Nick says. He doesn’t mock me or whatever. “Speaking of, do you want to come with me at first period?”

“Where?” Desire asks.

“Old storeroom,”

“What will you do there? Do you even have the key to get inside?” I ask him.

“Jim and Dan have the key.” Nick says. “They say they will show us something spicy.”

“A food?” I ask but Nick laughs.

“No, I mean something y.” He moves his brows suggestively. “You know, video…”

“Ah…” I chuckle. “Do we have to pay?”

“No, wait,” Desire interrupts, “Don’t you need laptop for that?”

“Jim sneaks up his phone.” Nick shrugs.

“He has a phone?!” I ask in surprise.

“We all have.” He says. “We just careful, but Jim has a way.” We part when we get to our class and Nick needs to walk further to his class, “First period, okay?”

 We go to our class and study the subjects. I know Desire just the same as me, our mind already flying everywhere. We don’t pay attention to the teacher and just wait for the bell rings. Usually we have snacks at first period and now we’re about to watch instead, and it will happen in school! Wow, we’re really a grown man now.

I doodle six heads in my book; me, Desire, Renjun, Nick, Jim, and Dan. It’s a caricature but I say I’m pretty good at it. Desire nudges my elbow when the teacher looks at our direction. I force myself to concentrate at the subject – science isn’t that bad though.

We have geography after science and I’m great with this subject, because the teacher often asks me to draw map on the whiteboard and I get point plus for it. Honestly it’s easier for me to learn when there’s a visualization of the subject. For example; when the geography teacher asks us to learn about one country, I will doodle the map, head figure of its leader, currency symbols, etcetera, and I will memorize it better that way.

The bell of first period finally rings loudly. The teacher ends his class and dismiss us. Our classmates scatter around the class, some will stay, and some will go to cafeteria. Desire meets my gaze and we both grin. I grab my lunch box, thinking maybe they want to eat snacks too. I don’t mind sharing.

We head out from class and walk to old storeroom direction. We meet Dan on the way there. He asks where we’re going and we tell him. We end up walking together to the storeroom. Dan knocks on the door when we arrive, “It’s me.” He says. “I’m with Mirae and Desire.”

Nick opens the door and lets us in. “You skipped class?” I ask.

“No, we just asked for bathroom break ten minutes before the bell.” Nick chuckles.

“That’s smart.” Desire comments.

“Jim taught me and he learned from Renjun.” He says. Of course, I feel like Renjun is a cool guy. He seems like to know everything and he’s okay to share it with us.

“Nice,” I say.

“Oh, but you can go together with Desire since you’re at the same class. That’s why I stay behind while Jim went ahead.” Dan tells us.

“Ah… okay, got it.” I nod. “So, what are we exactly doing here?”

Jim smirks, “You see… when we’re with Renjun it’s always straight to the , and this one got spicy first.”

My eyes spark with curiosity and so is Desire, “? What is it?”

“It’s like when coach asks us to do some stretching before we practice.” Nick explains.

“Ah, okay.”

Jim scrolls through his phone to find the video he’s looking for, and when he finds it, he plays it and then places his phone on some unused table so we all can see the video. It starts with some music

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter