Mission accomplished - sort of

The secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We almost smoothly escaped from the trouble until the most unwanted person magically appeared out of nowhere from a thin air as if she was a witch. Well actually, Desire and I are convinced she is a witch and that she has three headed black cat as a pet. Yep, you already know who she is.

Oh, you don’t know? Fine, let me spill it for you.

We. Met. Mrs. Miller.

Remember those security guys and the boss man? They are happy now, because Mrs. Miller sings like a bird, giving away all information about us. Yes, you could guess they called our parents, so here we are now listening a long lecture from witch lady in some conference room in the hotel.

“You’re a lawyer, you know more about the law than me, Mrs. Kang,” The vice principal says. “What Mirae and Desire did before is a crime, correct? It could get them send to the Juvie, and because of that, I think the school has the right to expel them.”

“What?” / “Huh? That’s not fair!” Desire and I talk at the same time. Mommy raises her hand, silently asking us to keep quiet. Mama on the other hand, she looks upset, and that’s the last thing I want right now. And oh, only ‘Ty Joy is here for Desire because ‘Ty Wannie is still with Destiny.

“Let’s run down the problem one by one, shall we?” Mommy asks calmly – too calm for my taste and that’s giving me chill. I just see this side of my birthmother, and I can’t decide if I like it or not. I just have to see more, I guess?

Mama quietly moves closer to me and then the next thing I know, she’s already hugging me from behind, combing my hair gently. Oh, shoot, this is not good. This usually happens when Mommy’s mad and Mama takes the role to comfort me. My Aunty Joy does the same, she ruffles Desire’s hair and then gives him a side-hug.

“It’s true that making or causing a false fire alarm could be charged with the crime of disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace because it can cause panic, trampling, injuries and property damage. This offense is at least a $100 fine but no more than $500, and/or imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for up to one year.” Mommy says and I hear that pretty bad for my side. I can go to jail for this?!

“However,” Mommy continues, “This statute doesn’t apply to minors at an elementary school. If a child causes a false fire alarm, therefore, he or she most likely will not face criminal charges.” She calmly says. “But of course, Sir, I will take full responsibility for my son and my godson wrong doing.” She says to the boss man. “Let’s discuss how much damage they caused you and I will pay for the cost as long as it’s reasonable and you don’t take advantage of this unpleasant event – and trust me, you don’t want to mess with me. We can call your appraisal and legal team to avoid misunderstanding.” She smiles but I can see her smile doesn’t reach her eyes and I found it creepy.

It’s not my Mommy. Who is she?! What she did to my Mommy?!

“And as for you, Mrs. Miller…” She continues, “Hmm, how do I put this in words?” She hums softly. “Let’s say I understand where you come from. I know you must be ashamed and getting secondhand embarrassment because Mirae and Desire. You scared their action will cause stain for the school. I understand, I do.” She takes a deep breath, “But let me ask these gentlemen here,” Mommy takes a quick glances around the men. “Answer me, where did you hear the school name from? The kids or this lady?”

“The lady, Ma’am,” The boss man replies to my Mommy. “She told us about your kids’ information and that’s including their school. She said she’s the vice principal in their school.”

“So you heard about the school from her and not from the kids, correct?”

“Yes, Ma’am,”

“I can confidently say that Mirae and Desire didn’t ruin their school reputation since this incident happened far from school no one knows before where they study until you came along and spilled it. I think it would be so ridiculous if you expel them from something that you caused. But worry not, Mrs. Miller, Mirae will get punishment he deserves.”

Holy cow! I mean, wow! Mommy’s genius! But again, Mommy should just let the school expel me, I will be happy. Mommy defeated that witch! Mrs. Miller doesn’t even say another word. I grin secretly, obviously don’t want to get caught.

“I think we’re done here. Now if you guys can excuse us, I need to talk privately with the kids.” Mommy says. “Here’s my card,” She hands her business card to the boss man, “Call me to discuss our problem and I’ll be there.” She says, “And here’s also my card, put tabs on me for using this conference room.” She hands them her black card.

Mrs. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter