day nine: destiny - rome

Daily Daily

          A gust of wind blew, messing up your hair and you had to hold it down to keep it out of your face. A shiver rolled down your spine as the wind just made it colder than it already was. You gazed up to the dark sky, watching as snowflakes stated to fall. Curse your friend for having you wait for her in the cold. “Meet me outside the café at 8pm,” she had ordered you. You rolled your eyes as you thought about her bossy personality.

          You checked your phone for the time, seeing how it was 14 minutes past eight. She was late. You sighed in frustration and leaned back against the brick wall behind you. The screen to your phone lit up and you looked to see it was your friend texting you. From the preview on the screen you saw that she was apologizing, saying she couldn't make it. When you opened the text, she explained that she was forced to watch her baby niece at the last minute, disregarding that she already had plans with you. You tucked away your phone in your coat's pocket.

          Pushing yourself off the wall, you paused to see a man standing a ways from you. He was staring at you agape.

          “It’s you,” he stuttered out.

          It took you a minute, but then you remembered that you met this man before at this very café a few months back.

          You stepped to the side while you waited for order to be prepared. It was done quickly and you thanked the worker when they handed you your drink. You took a quick sip while scanning the room, looking for a place to sit. The place was pretty much packed and there were no free tables. So, you decided to sit with someone.

          You found a small table where just one person sat at. It was a young man, handsome at that.

          “Is it okay if I sit here?” You asked, pointing to the empty chair across from where he say.

          “Yeah, no problem.”

          Somehow, the two of you ended up talking and before you knew it, your friend showed up to meet you. This café was always the meeting place for you two.

          You stood up and smiled at the guy you sat with. Even through the conversation you had, you two had failed to properly introduce each other by stating your names.

          “Hey wait,” he stood up after you. “Can I see you again? I...I mean it was nice talking to you, and maybe we could talk more..?” He nervously scratched the back of his head, looking away from you as he ended his sentence.

          “Let's leave it fate to decide,” was all you said and you left.

          And fate decided for you two to meet for a second time and many more times after that.


finally i update this. 
been a while, huh? well, here's the rome request~
sorry it took so long. kind of forgot about this for a while lol