day six: turf - sungjong

Daily Daily

(quick author's note: idk if this even has to do with ~turf~ but w/e close enough. sungjongie's probably soooooooo ooc T_T;;;; curse me for having a lack of ability to be able to keep people in character)

 

            Your father looked down at the both of you, his stern eyes switching from your form to Sungjong’s. You shifted in your seat, your legs starting to feel numb from sitting on your calves for a long period of time.

            You glance from your father over to your boyfriend that sat to your left. A look of determination was plastered on Sungjong’s face as he kept a solid stare up towards your father. His fists were clenched over his thighs, you noticed, so you moved one of your hands that were gripping onto your knees in nervousness and placed it on top of the back of his right hand. You squeezed it to try to reassure him that everything would be alright, but Sungjong continued to stand his ground, not even moving an inch. You kept your hand there to reassure yourself for the same reason.

            “So get on with it,” your father said harshly down at Sungjong. He was never fond of your boyfriend and didn’t like the fact that you two were going out.

            Sungjong shook of your hand off of his, set down his hands on the floor in front of him, and leaned forward to the extent where his forehead met with the carpet. “Please let me marry your daughter! I promise to continue taking good care of her and protect her!”

            You watched your father cross his arms in thought. Sungjong never moved from his position. Your father’s eyes closed as he thought hard about it. You bit your bottom lip, waiting for his answer.

            Seconds felt like hours to you as you waited for your father to accept or deny Sungjong’s proposal. You mentally prepared yourself when you saw your father finally open his mouth to say something.

            “Fine.” Your father’s eyes opened.

            Sungjong’s head shot up like a bullet once he heard the word come from your father’s mouth. You couldn’t believe it. The man who was so against your relationship in the first place was going to allow you to marry Sungjong?

            Relief, happiness, excitement, and so many emotions overwhelmed you and tears began to form in the corners of your eyes. You tried to blink them away, but they wouldn’t leave.

            “Tha--,” Sungjong was cut off as he was about to thank the man before him.

            “But, if you ever do anything to hurt my baby girl, you’re gone.”

            “I understand, thank you, sir.”

            As soon as Sungjong looked at you, his seriousness he had was done and a big smile formed on his face. He excitedly wrapped his arms around your shoulders and rocked you side to side.

            “We can get married!”

            You nodded as a reply, wrapping your own arms around Sungjong’s thin frame. Your eyes flickered over to your father, who was watching you two. He smiled at you heartedly.