CHAPTER 1

Purple Roses

Daehyun was a guy who never cared about anything, he was always like this, because his parents never gave him attention and love. It became worse when his mother died. His dad would leave the house for work and would not return for about a month. It has been 5 years since his mother died and his dad had gone to the U.S for a business trip for a year already. Daehyun would spent his time alone at home just painting flowers and eating a lot. He loved painting and he would always go out and paint flowers. He was sitting in his room waiting for his dad's arrival that day. He heard the door open and he quickly ran down stairs to greet him, only to find him and a women standing next to him.
"Dad who is she?" 
"Oh hello Daehyun.....this is Cindy, we got married in America." 
Daehyun just looked at her, then out of nowhere a boy his age came through the door holding up some suitcases.
"Oh this is her son Baekhyun, I hope you guys get along well." His father said helping Baekhyun with the suitcases. Baekhyun looked up at Daehyun and smiled brightly.
"Hi my name is Baekhyun, nice to finally meet you!" He said offering his hand for a hand shake. Daehyun just looked at his hand and back to his face, he walked away and left up stairs to his room and shut the door. Baekhyun's smile faded as he heard the door slam shut, he already knew that Daehyun didn't like him.
"This kid! Don't pay any attention to him, he's always like this." Daehyun's father said leading them inside closing the door.
"Don't worry, I know he will open up to us little by little, come on Baek help me get dinner ready." Baekyun nodded at his mother and followed her before looking at Daehyun's locked door and smiled sadly.
It was 7:00 p.m and dinner was ready, Baekhyun was getting the table ready.
"Baekhyun could you go upstairs and tell Daehyun that dinners ready?" His now step father asked.
Baekhyun made his way upstairs, walking up to the front of Daehyun's bedroom door. He was so hesitant to knock, but gave in and knocked.
"Um Daehyun it's me Baekhyun, your father said to come down and eat!" He waited for an answer, but got nothing. He waited and then the door opened making Baekhyun get scared. Daehyun walked past him and went down stairs, Baekhyun followed right behind. When Baekhyun reached the dinner table Daehyun was already eating, he sat in front of Daehyun and beside him was his mother and across from her was his step father, next to Daehyun. They sat there silently eating, Daehyun felt watched and looked up to find Baekhyun looking at him. Baekhyun quickly smiled back, but Daehyun just ignored him and continued eating.
"Daehyun, Baekhyun will sleep in your room since there's only two rooms and you have to help him with school." Mr Jung said looking at Baekhyun and Daehyun.
"He's the same age as me, why should I take care of him? he looks old enough to look after himself!" Daehyun claimed getting up from his seat and headed outside.
"Aish this little! I'm sorry Baekhyun, he can be such a jerk sometimes." Mr Jung said looking at Daehyun's empty seat.
"Don't worry honey, he will open up to us....I know he will, Baekhyun why don't you go and talk to him and take him some fruit." His mom said handing him a plate of food.
Baekhyun made his way outside, he saw Daehyun sitting on a table outside. He walked over and placed the plate on the table.
"Ummm I brought you some fresh fruit." Baekhyun said getting a little bit closer to Daehyun and sat down on a chair.
"You don't seem to understand! I don't like you! leave me alone!!" Daehyun grabbed the plate of fruit and left inside the house.
Baekhyun just watched him walk away, he felt like crying he was sad that Daehyun didn't like him, but happy that at lest he took the plate of fruit with him. Baekhyun stayed outside for a while longer thinking about how his life turned out like this, he missed he's friends, mostly Chanyeol his best friend, but now he was far away from them. Baekhyun didn't even realize how long he was out there, until he saw the house lights turn off. He walked back inside the house and found a note on the table saying his mom and step dad went to visit a friend and will be back after a week. Baekhyun then decided to inform Daehyun. He walked up stairs and found the plate of fruit he brought to Daehyun earlier empty near a little table, he smiled knowing he ate it.
"What are you doing?"
Baekhyun quickly turned to find a Daehyun half dressed with a towel around his waist. Baekhyun blushed and quickly turned to face the other way.
"Ummm...I..I...just wanted to tell you that your dad and my mom went to a friends house for a visit and will be back in a week." He said looking at the floor.
"I already know, now move out my way." He said going to his room and shutting the door.
Baekhyun took a shower himself and headed to his mom's and step dad's room and fell asleep not knowing he accidentally went inside Daehyun's room.