CHAPTER 13

Purple Roses

Baekhyun was walking to his first class while still thinking about what Bjoo just told him. He couldn't believe Kangjun was going to do such a thing. Kangjun didn't look like the type to hurt anyone. Baekhyun was really disappointed in him.

Baekhyun walked into class smiling when Daehyun was waiting for him. The moment Daehyun saw him he quickly changed his worried face to a relief face. Baekhyun walked over to his desk next to Daehyun and sat down.

"What took you so long? Who called you earlier?" Daehyun asked with a little anger in his voice.

Baekhyun chuckled.

"It was Bjoo, he just needed some help with something."

"I don't like Bjoo stay away from him."

"Why? Are you jealous?" Baekhyun turned and nudged Daehyun's arm with his elbow.

"Why would I be jealous." Daehyun said looking away and crossing his arms. Baekhyun just smiled at his action. 


School went by and it was soon lunch time. Baekhyun was walking through the halls with Youngjae and he could hear everyone talking about prom. He stopped when he heard Daehyuns name.

"I'm going to ask Daehyun to prom." One girl said.

"No! I'm Daehyun's prom date." Another girl said.

"Please Daehyun is going to ask me." A third girl said.

Baekhyun's chest hurt knowing Daehyun was wanted, he only wanted him for himself. 

He felt a short tap on his shoulder and looked.

"Don't worry Baekhyun, Daehyun isn't going to prom and if he is, I'm going with him." Youngjae assured.

Baekhyun nodded with a sad smile and continued walking.


Daehyun was walking towards the cafeteria when a girl stopped in front of him.

"Dae..hyun...would you be my prom date!" The girl shouted nervously with a opened black box showing a kinda ugly Boutonnière.

'Not again.' Daehyun thought annoyed. This was the 30th girl who came up to him today asking the same dam question.

Daehyun faked smiled and responded.

"I really appreciate you asking really, but I'm sorry. I'm not interested in that stupid dance." Daehyun watched as the girl ran away crying. He really felt bad making so many girls cry today but what could he do? He wasn't interested in that dance unless he was going with that certain person.

Daehyun began walking again when he felt a tug on his arm. Daehyun swear if it was another girl, he wasn't going to care if he made her cry or not. Daehyun sighed and turned around but it wasn't a girl it was worse. It was Xero.

"Before you say anything Daehyun, I come in piece." Xero smiled with a piece sign.

"What do you want?" Daehyun questioned.

"I need to talk to you about something in private." Xero said seriously. Daehyun sighed and nodded.


Baekhyun and Youngjae grabbed their food and walked towards a launch table were Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup and Zelo were already sitting. Baekhyun and Youngjae sat down next to Jongup and Zelo and left an empty spot for Daehyun next to Yongguk and Himchan.

They all began eating their lunch and chatting. Baekhyun kept looking at the lunch doors for any signs of Daehyun.

'Where could he be.' Baekhyun thought worried.

Baekhyun looked down at his food and began eating even though he wasn't hungry. 

15 minutes went by not that Baekhyun was keeping track. By this time everyone was finished with their food and were just chatting. Baekhyun was playing with his food when a food plate was placed in front of him.

"There you are Daehyun, what took you so long! Let me guess prom dates?" Himchan teased.

Baekhyun looked up at Daehyun who was already taking a bite of his sandwich. Baekhyun then noticed a burgundy box beside him.

"Daehyun what's inside the box?" Zelo asked.

Baekhyun wanted to know himself as well.

Daehyun took a sip of his juice and smiled.

"I got asked to prom and I accepted. My Boutonnière is in the box."

Youngjae quickly looked over at Baekhyun and noticed his hands turn into fists under the table. 

Youngjae quickly chuckled.

"Please. You go to prom. With who? You don't even know how to dance."

"Stop hating Youngjae just cause you don't have a prom date." Himchan blurted.

"What did you say!" Youngjae screamed.

"Youngjae clam down. Don't make a scene." Yongguk pleaded.

"Well tell your boyfriend to be quiet." Youngjae shouted.

"Youngjae why are you so mad? I was just kidding I'm sorry." Himchan apologized.

"Who's your prom date Daehyun?" Jongup asked out of the blue, he wasn't very talkative.

"Well who else Xero." Daehyun responded.

Daehyun heard a slam on the table and looked at an angry standing Youngjae.

"Listen to me Jung Daehyun you cancel that prom date! I'm going to prom with you!" Youngjae warned.

Baekhyun couldn't think properly he felt like he's heart was about to break in a million pieces. He didn't have it in him to look up at Daehyun.

"Youngjae I'm sorry, I've already decided. Plus I want to enjoy this. Trust me it's for my own good." Daehyun smiled looking at Baekhyun.

 

FLASHBACK

Xero lead Daehyun to the empty parking lot and they sat inside Xero's car. Daehyun didn't know why he agreed to this but whatever.

"Listen to me Daehyun I just want to apologize for everything I've done." Xero said sincerely.

"That's why you brought me all the way here? Just to say sorry?" Daehyun chuckled.

"I said listen." Xero sighed.

Daehyun nodded and waited for Xero to continue.

"Daehyun I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Sure I did like you the first time I saw you. I thought you were the one and then I met Seogoong and he made me feel different and then he ask me out and I accepted." Xero explained.

"Uh ok..." Daehyun said awkwardly.

"I'm moving to New York after prom. I also know your secret." Xero looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun's eyes opened widely.

"What secret? I have no secrets." 

Xero smiled and replied.

"I know.....I know you have feelings for Baekhyun."

Daehyun sat there silent. He couldn't believe it. How can he know? He never told anyone. The only person that knows how he feels about Baekhyun is Yongguk.

"Don't be silly Xero, he's my brother." Daehyun laughed nervously.

"Daehyun please don't get mad but I've been stocking you ever since we met and well, I would see how you treated Baekhyun and then I saw how you changed with him and well I would see the way you looked at him when he wasn't looking." Xero explained sadly.

"Before I move away, I wanted to repay everything by helping you with something." Xero continued.

"And how exactly are you going to help me?" Daehyun questioned.

Xero smirked and replied.

"Please Daehyun I know you want to know how Baekhyun feels about you and I have a plan on how we can find out." 

"What kind of plan?" Daehyun asked curiously.

"Well it's easy, first we have to see if he gets jealous over you. If he does, then that means he likes you." Xero explained.

Daehyun liked the idea, he really wanted to know what Baekhyun thinks about him. He doesn't really trust Xero but if it's going tell him how Baekhyun feels about him then so be it.

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" Daehyun wondered.

"That's easy, prom is this weekend. So I'll be your prom date and then will see how Baekhyun reacts when he sees you with me." Xero said happily.

"Plus you do owe me since you were a jerk to me, prom will make up for it." He countinued. Daehyun just looked at him suspiciously. For all he knew he could be lying about that Seogoong guy and the rest just so he could go to prom with him. Daehyun saw Xero get something from his bag, it was a burgundy box. He handed it to him and Daehyun opened it to find a simple clear yet nice Boutonnière.

After that they parted ways to begin their plan. Xero left school to meet with with Seogoong and Daehyun made his way to the cafeteria.

END FLASHBACK.

 

Daehyun kept eating looking at Baekhyun and ignoring Youngjae's complaining. He was a little upset that Baekhyun looked like he didn't care, he was just playing with his food not looking at him. Daehyun sighed but he wasn't giving up just yet.


After school Baekhyun was walking home by himself since Daehyun had to stay for who knows what. Baekhyun kinda liked that he had to stay after school since he didn't really want to see Daehyun at all. He should of known he would go to prom with someone. 

'Why Xero, why?' Baekhyun thought to himself as he walked home.

"Hey Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun looked back to see Kangjun on a motorcycle. He didn't know he owned a motorcycle.

"Oh hey Kangjun what's going on?" He faked smiled. He was still mad that Kangjun was going to get revenge on his brother and father.

"Where you headed?" He asked getting off the motorcycle.

"Home obviously." He said sarcastically.

"Hope in, I'll give you a ride." Kangjun offered handing Baekhyun an extra helmet. Baekhyun accepted the offer only because he didn't want Daehyun to catch up to him walking.

However he missed to realize that Daehyun was watching form a traffic light right behind them. He didn't notice how Daehyun watched them drive away together.

Baekhyun arrived home, said hello to his mother and went straight up to his shared room with Daehyun. He through his things on the floor and sat on the edge of the bed. He laid back on the bed and closed his eyes for a second. He heard the door open and close again but he didn't care to see who it was. Suddenly he felt like something was over him but shook it off.

"Are you sleeping?"

Baekhyun recognized the voice and quickly sat up only to bump his head with something. He rubbed his head and looked up at Daehyun rubbing his head too.

"Oh My God Daehyun I'm so sorry!" He apologized getting up and trying to rube Daehyun's head.

"It's ok. I'm sorry for frightening you like that." He smiled softly.

Baekhyun's heart was beating rapidly as they stood there looking at each other. Somehow he was accepting the idea of Daehyun going to prom with Xero.

"Baekhyun can I ask you a favor?" He asked rubbing the back of his head. 

"Of course you can Daehyun!" He smiled.

"Do you think you can teach me how to dance?" He asked looking at the ground and avoiding eye contact.

Baekhyun felt his heart skip a beat when he asked him that favor. 

'Was he really asking such a favor?' he thought to himself. He wanted to hide because he knew he was probably red from embarrassment.

"Umm...s..sure Daehyun I'll help you." He stuttered.

"Do you think you can teach me now?"

Baekhyun was really starting to get hot in the room. He kept avoiding eye contact with Daehyun but he couldn't. 

"Now? Um I guess." He really didn't want to have any body contact with Daehyun. He just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible before he faints or something.

Daehyun on the other hand was really doing it to see his reaction to himself touching him. Xero said to have as much skin ship as possible and to watch the others reaction. He was pretty nervous too. He never really had any sort of skin ship with Baekhyun besides just sleeping next to each other.

Baekhyun was trying to find a way out of the situation with no luck. He was probably going to have to do it.

"Um ok first put your left hand up." 

Daehyun did what Baekhyun asked him to do.

Baekhyun slowly stepped forward more closer to him. He slowly brought his own hand towards Daehyun's. He slowly grabbed his hand and his skin felt hot. Daehyun's hand felt so soft under his touch. Daehyun on the other hand was having a hard time even breathing.

"Umm ok next put your other hand around my waist." 

Baekhyun saw Daehyun's hand slowly reach his waist. He felt his hand on his waist and his skin was burning under his shirt. His touch sent shivers all over his body. Daehyun was acting like he didn't like it but deep down he sort of wished to pull the other into a hug.

Daehyun watched as Baekhyun brought his other free hand and placed it on his shoulder. Baekhyun felt like the world stopped. He couldn't believe he was in this with Daehyun. 

"Ok now we'll just move side to side slowly. Look at my feet and you do the same." He said shyly looking at both their feet.

Daehyun nodded in return and waited for Baekhyun to make the first move.

Baekhyun was about to start moving when he heard the door open and then glass shatter.

Both looked up to find Baekhyun's mom standing in the door way with a tray and the glass drinks all over the carpet.

Baekhyun watched as his mother dropped the tray and came sprinting at them. She pushed him harshly and he landing on the bed. He was about to get back up when his mother turned and slapped Daehyun. 

'Did his mother really just slapped Daehyun!' He thought to himself angrily.