CHAPTER 9

Purple Roses

Baekhyun was eating breakfast but then he thought maybe it was better to go to school. He hasn't gone to school for a week and it was Friday, Baekhyun didn't think twice and  began getting ready for school.

Baekhyun made it to school just in time. He wondered if Daehyun was in class already. Baekhyun was almost arriving when he saw Himchan walking back and forth looking worried.

"Hello Himchan!! Good morning, is something the matter?" Baekhyun greeted and asked.

"Ow hello Baekhyun, didn't see you there, and well I'm a little bit worried yes, Daehyun and Yongguk are talking in the rooftop as we speak I don't know if anything is wrong with Daehyun, he looked worried." Himchan answered.

"Daehyun? Did something happen to him?!" Baekhyun asked worried.

"I'm not sure, did anything happen?" Himchan responded 

"I'll go and see if he's ok." Baekhyun said walking up the stairs that lead to the rooftop.

"Wait Baekhyun, I don't think that's a great idea." Himcham warned.

"It's ok Himchan, I got this."

While Baekhyun was taking each step he felt like something was wrong, he didn't know why though. As soon has he was about to turn the handle he heard Daehyun screaming something. With panic Baekhyun opened the door and heard the words he would never imagine hearing from him.

"I don't love Baekhyun, but like him!"

Baekhyun froze at that moment, he couldn't believe what he heard, was this a dream. Daehyun's back was facing him, Yongguk noticed him then Daehyun started turning around and then it felt like the world stood still, Daehyun was looking right at him in shock.

"You like me, Daehyun?" Was the only thing Baekhyun managed to say.

It was quite for a while until Yongguk spoke.

"Well I'll be leaving, Himchan is probably worried sick by now, you two talk and sort things out."

With that Yongguk made his way out the door leaving Baekhyun and Daehyun alone.

"Baekhyun let me explain it's not what you think." Daehyun said first.

Baekhyun on the other hand was trying not to put his hopes up to high.

"Baekhyun please sit down." 

Baekhyun did what he asked. Baekhyun sat on the bench near by and Daehyun followed.

"Baekhyun I don't want you to think wrong but what I said is sort of true." Daehyun explained. 

Baekhyun was nervous yet sad because he knew what Daehyun said could never be true, Daehyun never even liked him in the first place.

"Baekhyun, I do like you but not in the way you think." 

Baekhyun smiled sadly knowing he was right.

"I was talking to Yongguk and I was explaining to him on how I was tired of all this and that I wanted to get along with you and get along like real brothers and I confessed that I liked you now." Daehyun explained sounding kinda sad.

"It's ok Daehyun, I would never think wrong of what you said, and I'm glad you want to get along with me and I'm very happy you like me now." Baekhyun looked straight into Daehyun's eyes with a fake smile.

"Great! I'm glad we understand each other, well I guess we should head to class now." Daehyun said standing up.

"You go ahead I'm going to stay here for a while." Baekhyun said looking down.

"Mmmm, ok see you later then." Daehyun said walking away.

Baekhyun stayed sitting there for who knows how long. Baekhyun was heart broken but happy since he knew he could stay by his side at least.

Baekhyun stood up and made his way downstairs only to bump into someone luckily it was Youngjae.

"OMG Baekhyun I'm so sorry." Youngjae screamed in terror.

"It's fine don't worry." 

"Wait, what's going on you don't look so good." Youngjae asked.

"Youngjae, Daehyun doesn't feel the same way about me." Baekhyun confessed he couldn't keep it from Youngjae he needed to get it out there.

"What do you mean! Don't tell me you confessed! Baekhyun I told you not to, I warned you to keep it a secret or else you would get hurt, now look at you." Youngjae explained. 

Baekhyun wanted to cry but he couldn't he should be happy that at least he was still by his side.

Youngjae took Baekhyun to the library to talk more in detail about what happened.

Daehyun was sitting in his desk waiting for Baekhyun to arrive but he didn't. Daehyun didn't know why but it seemed Baekhyun looked very upset. Daehyun knew he had to do something with those feelings hopefully they would end soon.

"Wait so you didn't confess? Baekhyun I told you not to get so attached to him or you would get hurt." Youngjae said.

"Youngjae I always knew it was a one sided love plus I'm just glad he accepted me as his brother." Baekhyun smiled looking down.

The day went on, Baekhyun never went to first period and spend half of the day in the rooftop of the school. He's phone began to ring,it was his mom he cleared his throat and answered.

"Hello? Hey mom....ooh....I see....ok....well his fine....ok see you on Monday....ok bye." 

"Was that dad?" 

Baekhyun was startled by the sudden question, he looked back only to find Daehyun standing behind him.

"Um no it was my mom, she said that they are coming back on Monday since the weather over there is very bad." Baekhyun explained.

"Oh I see....Baekhyun where have you been all day I've been looking for you, I thought something bad happened." Daehyun asked worried.

"Yea right you were worried." Baekhyun thought to himself.

"Well I wasn't feeling well so I was here the whole time." He claimed.

"Your hurt? Where? Do I need to take you to the hospital." Daehyun blurted.

"No I'm fine, you don't have to worry, I think we should leave." Baekhyun suggested.

"Yea sure I guess." Daehyun followed.

Daehyun and Baekhyun were walking side by side until they reached there destination.

"Hey over here!" Zelo and Jongup cheered.

Baekhyun smiled walking to the lunch table were Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo were seating at.

Baekhyun sat next to Youngjae then not to long Daehyun came and sat besides Baekhyun. 

"Baekhyun where were you all day?" Himchan asked.

"Well I wasn't feeling so well so I skipped my morning classes."

"Ohh but your better right?" Zelo broke in. 

"Yes Zelo I'm fine."Baekhyun smiled.

"Daehyun is it ok if I have a word with you?" Yongguk said standing up.

"What do you need to talk to him about babe?" Himchan asked.

"Nothing you shouldn't worry about baby." Yongguk said leaning in to peck Himchan's lips.

"Ewwww" could be heard around the table on the other hand Baekhyun was envious, how he wishes he could kiss Daehyun freely like that.

Daehyun nodded in response and both stood up and left, meanwhile in the table Himchan was getting Zelo and Jongup in trouble for who knows what reason.

"Baekhyun are you alright, I know it's hard right know but trust me you will find someone else and forget about Daehyun." Youngjae suggested.

"Youngjae I'm trying I really am but that doesn't mean I will replace him with anyone." 

Daehyun and Yongguk were standing face to face on top of the rooftop. 

"So what happened, did you get everything straighten out?" Yongguk spoke first.

Daehyun sighted,

"Yongguk you don't have to worry, I told Baekhyun that I liked him as a brother and that's it."

Yongguk nodded his head in response.

"Daehyun I don't want you to hate me for doing this, you know very well you can never be with Baekhyun. Think about what would happen if word gets out not to mention your dad, your dad has been alone for so long you wouldn't want to risk his relationship with Baekhyun's mother." Yongguk pleaded.

"I know Yongguk, I know." Daehyun responded.

"It's for the best Daehyun, now we should head back before Himchan sends a searching party for me."

By the time they were heading back the bell rang indicating that lunch was over. 

Baekhyun was walking to his next class when suddenly he felt a pain in his stomach. He ran to the restroom and saw blood in the toilet, he started panicking then it clicked him that he hasn't been tacking his medicine, Baekhyn looked through his bag and thankfully he had it. He would have to thank his mom for putting it there later. Baekhyun walked back to class knowing he was good now, now he only wanted to go home and sleep. 

School was now over and Daehyun made his way to Baekhyun's class to pick him up. He was looking through the classroom door and smiled when he saw Baekhyn rushing to put his things away, he guessed he should of told Baekhyun that he was driving them back.

"Daehyun? What are you doing here?" Baekhyun called.

"Well why else to go home, we do live in the same house no? Plus I heard it was going to rain today." Baekhyun smiled in response.

The car ride was quite, Baekhyun didn't like it one bit but what else was he suppose to do. He was in his own world when the sudden rain startled him. He looked out the window of the car and like Daehyun said it started to rain and hard.

They reached the house in a matter of minutes and before Baekhyun could open the door Daehyun stopped him, ran across to his door and opened the umbrella for them. Baekhyun loved being so close to him like this, he felt protected by him. Soon they reached the door and Daehyun started looking for his keys.

"Dammit, I forgot my keys!" Daehyun claimed.

"I have mine Daehyun there inside my pocket." 

Before Baekhyun could move he was startled when Daehyun started feeling outside his pants to locate his keys.

"Were exactly Baekhyun."

Baekhyun couldn't help and blush by Daehyun's actions.

"Daehyun.."

"What is this? Do you have something squishy in here." Daehyun said while his hand was inside one of Baekhyun's pockets.

"Daehyun I don't think what your holding are my keys." Baekhyun explained.

Daehyun looked up and had eye contact with Baekhyun just then it hit him what he was grabbing on to, quickly Daehyun pulled out his hand and laughed nervously.

"Baekhyun....sorry I didn't mean to.." Daehyun pleaded rubbing the back of his neck.

Baekhyun looked down in embarrassment and started looking for his keys.

Once the door was fully opened Daehyun ran straight to his room and locked himself. As for Baekhyun, he ran to the downstairs restroom and wet his face with cold water even though in this weather it was bad.

The afternoon went by neither of them bringing up what happened earlier. Daehyun was watching TV while Baekhyun was doing his Homework in his parents room. Baekhyun didn't know why but he felt so hot and uncomfortable. Baekhyun decided it was best to take a quick shower and head to bed. Daehyun oddly enough had the same idea, he made his way to his bedroom and without his intention looked into his parents room only to look away as he saw Baekhyun shirtless and pulling his pants down. Daehyun quickly looked away and rushed inside his bedroom slowly closing the door. Daehyun quickly got undressed and made his way to the restroom and the cold water and he just sat there blushing. 

Both of them were laying in bed not able to sleep, of course Daehyun was in his own room while Baekhyun was in his parents room. Daehyun couldn't stop thinking about his feelings for Baekhyun, he came to the conclusion that he was in love with his step brother and he knew he had to stop those feelings for him before he hurts anyone's feelings. Baekhyun on the other hand was still upset that he knew he would never be able to be with Daehyun. 

It was about 4 in the morning and Daehyun was moving in his sleep, he was dreaming that he was driving on a road and then he heard a crash along with broken glass and from the distance he could clearly hear Baekhyun crying and calling his name. For some reason it seemed like Baekhyun's screams were getting louder and louder until Daehyun opened his eyes and noticed that it wasn't in his dream he could clearly hear Baekhyun panting and saying his name across the room. Daehyun quickly rushed to check on him and was in shock. He was covered in sweat, Daehyun touched his forhead and was shocked that Baekhyun was burning up. Daehyun quickly without thinking wrapped him in his covers and carried him bridal style to his car. He sat him in the passengers seat and quickly ran to start the car. As he was driving out of the driveway he dialed Baekhyun's mom's number. Thankfully she answered right way.

"Listen Cindy it's Daehyun, I'm in a hurry right know I'm driving to the nearest hospital something is wrong with Baekhyun!" Daehyun broke.

"What!! What's wrong with Baekhyun?!" 

"I don't know, I think he has a very high fever he's burning up." Daehyun explained looking over at Baekhyun breathing hard.

"Fever! Oh no! Ok listen to me Daehyun! Go to Busan hospital and go to the emergency floor and ask for Dr. Cho, Dr. Cho Kyuhyun he is Baekhyun's Doctor since he was a baby. Go there and me and your father will get going now!" Mrs. Jung instructed.

Daehyun did what she said, he started going faster. He didn't want anything to happen to Baekhyun not now.

 

 


I'm so so so sorry for this late update, if you can't accept my apology i understand. Well anyways i hoped you enjoyed this chapter, 

honestly the reason why i didn't update was because i didn't know what events to make, to help me get to the of the story but now

i have an idea so stay tuned.